U23s & Academy

Skirge

Fair enough, hope you are right.

Also worth remembering our U18 players are getting flogged at reserve level as well. While at SAFC because of the huge number players still at SAFC despite a shed load being loaned out there reserve team features a lot of players who are 1st team squad members rather than U18 players. This was there starting line up from there last reserve game:

SUNDERLAND RES: Gordon, Weir, McShane, Davenport, Hartley, Edwards, Leadbitter, Yorke, Colback, Healy,  Murphy

SAFC are top of the reserve league as well.

Sunderland U18s 3 Newcastle U18s 1

Martyn Waghorn scored twice as Sunderland's under-18s extended their winning run in the league to 11 games.

The Black Cats have now won every league game since losing away to Newcastle in October.

Waghorn was the provider for the opening goal, crossing from the left for Blair Adams to slot in a shot from close range.

Waghorn made it 2-0 in the 48th minute, capitalising on a mix-up in the Newcastle defence to score.

The away side gave themselves a lifeline in the 48th minute when Brad Inman lobbed Misiewicz from the edge of the box.

But Waghorn was in the right place to grab his second goal and seal the win in the 59th minute after the United keeper could only parry Andrew Galer's shot.

Sunderland coach Kevin Ball said: "The windy conditions made it difficult but we played well."

The win extended Sunderland's lead at the top of Group D to 11 points, with a game in hand.

Sunderland: Misiewicz, Bagnall, Madden, Cornforth, Adams, Wilson, Reed, L. Noble, Wood (Slegg 59), Galer (R. Noble 69), Waghorn.

NUFC: Ole Soderberg, James Tavernier, Paul Dummett, Brad Inman, Callum Morris (James Taylor, 55m), Darren Lough, Sam Adjei, Dan Williams, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Haris Vuckic (Michael McCrudden, 58m), Shane Ferguson

Subs n/u: Stewart Bath, Stephen Folan, Jak Alnwick

Newcastle are playing Everton reserves on Monday night (7pm ko) at Whitley Park. I think I might go along and see if they play the new guys. Also from a lad who actually played against these players very recently, he said Vuckic was the standout.

Any team news?

Squad is..

Krul, Soderberg, Tavernier, Dummett, Taylor, Lough, Morris, Inman, Doninger, Godsmark, Ferguson, LuaLua, McCrudden, Baheng, Ranger, Danquah.

Reserve League North - top 3:

Pos

Team

Pld Gd Pts

1 mackems        14 +14 32

2 Newcastle        15 +6 24

3 Manchester C 14 +4 24

Guest geoffasenna

never hardly is, if you think about it, the official site is total pants, never had updates on until well after .com

Guest geoffasenna

yeah, ive noticed they are not as fast as they used to be, i had to ask one of my mates who played for them who won on saturday in the under 18s game, total joke man,

Guest geoffasenna

excatly, no doubt an other ashley decision, the academy and reserves pen pics havent been updated for months aswell. .co.uk is a total waste of time, theres no pic of vuckic adjei or even spear etc, the site is a joke. i noticed this as i was trying to make a facepack for footy manager,

Guest geoffasenna

Newcastle Res  0  Everton Res  1

Everton took the lead in the 14th minute through Cory Sinnott and held the advantage until half-time.

Team: Krul, Tavernier, Ferguson, Doninger, Taylor, Lough, Godsmark, Baheng, Ranger, LuaLua, Danquah

Subs: Morris, Soderberg, McCrudden, Inman, Dummett.

Newcastle Res  0  Everton Res  1

Everton took the lead in the 14th minute through Cory Sinnott and held the advantage until half-time.

Team: Krul, Tavernier, Ferguson, Doninger, Taylor, Lough, Godsmark, Baheng, Ranger, LuaLua, Danquah

Subs: Morris, Soderberg, McCrudden, Inman, Dummett.

Cheers mate, even the Everton site way behind,,, you at the game??