U23s & Academy

Skirge

Just got back,  we were crap, one of the worst performances i've seen from the reserve side in along time.  Normally try to play football (sometimes too much) but today just seemed to be launching it long.  Everton started brightly and took the lead after earlier hitting the post.  Good equaliser from Donninger heading home a peach of a cross from Tavernier,  winner came from Ranger who first capitalised on a poor defensive header and then as the keeper charged out, slid the ball past him.

I Thought the defence played well,  Lough had a good game at centre half, alongside James Taylor.  Anyone who thinks Lua Lua could be the answer to our centre mid problems would've found out today that the lad CAN'T play in central midfield, he was very poor and Baheng and Danquah were crap yet again, both nowhere near good enough.

Next home game is 2 weeks tonight at SJP against Man U, should be a good one.

Just got back,  we were crap, one of the worst performances i've seen from the reserve side in along time.  Normally try to play football (sometimes too much) but today just seemed to be launching it long.  Everton started brightly and took the lead after earlier hitting the post.  Good equaliser from Donninger heading home a peach of a cross from Tavernier,  winner came from Ranger who first capitalised on a poor defensive header and then as the keeper charged out, slid the ball past him.

I Thought the defence played well,  Lough had a good game at centre half, alongside James Taylor.   Anyone who thinks Lua Lua could be the answer to our centre mid problems would've found out today that the lad CAN'T play in central midfield, he was very poor and Baheng and Danquah were crap yet again, both nowhere near good enough.

Next home game is 2 weeks tonight at SJP against Man U, should be a good one.

They played the long ball stuff against Hull too, was awful to watch. LuaLua was also awful in the middle against them, why has he been moved from the right wing? Seems a really poor move.

i think its to accomadate Danquah and Baheng who aren't good enough and since they've came back in the team has played poorly.  Lua should be either on one of the wings and if not out wide playing off the striker,  last couple of games Danquah has been wide left and Baheng up front.

The academy are back in action on Saturday, playing Everton.  Kickoff is at 1pm and the game is being played at the first team base of Darsley Park, not the academy.  Everton have always had an excellent youth set up so could be a decent match.

Could be worth a stop off on the way to the First team game with the first team playing at tea time.

Results are important, performances are.

Who shone today?

Hopefully binnsy will come on later and let us know, I wasn't there I just noticed the result on the bbc vidiprinter.

McCrudden and Ranger scored according .com

Team: Alnwick, Tavernier, Dummett, Inman, Morris, Taylor, Adjei, Folan, Ranger, Williams (Ferguson 72), McCrudden (McGorrigan 87).

Subs n/u: Johnson, Bath.

Results are important, performances are.

Who shone today?

Hopefully binnsy will come on later and let us know, I wasn't there I just noticed the result on the bbc vidiprinter.

i never went so have know idea!!  My nephew was playing for South Northumberlan against Sunderland City so went to watch him instead,  he scored a screamer to get the equaliser in a 1-1 draw!!:-)

Newcastle United have taken MFK Kosice prospect Lubomir Korijkov on trial.

The 16-year-old is a Slovakian youth international and has caught the eye of the Magpies' scouts.

Newcastle invited him for a trial spell in the North East and he travelled to England on Sunday where he will spend a week with the Premier League club.

"Korijkov is an outstanding central defender specially for his age," Allen Bula, head of football development at Kosice, told the club's official website.

"He has clearly made his mark at international level, where lately MFK Kosice has been approached by top European clubs enquiring about him."

SkySports