U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Antigalican

Very strange. Whats the date, I might pop along?

Just spotted it:

Monday 12th July 7pm KO.

Ashington assistant manager is also academy coach and has worked with Hughton. Might have something to do with it or just a coincidence.

I think that explains it! Playing at Blue Flames there must be some kind if Toon link with the Ashington set up, as its the home ground of another Northern league Club in the shape of West Allottment.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Would appear we terminated Zamblera's contract when he returned to Italy last season (though it could just mean his registration with the English FA had been cancelled due to his switch to the Italian FA and will be reinstated upon his return - will have to check):

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/PlayerRegistrations/RegList_August09.ashx/RegList_August09.pdf

55967899 Zamblera, Fabio Newcastle United FC 31/08/2009

(Feels strange to think I have a FAN # now too  :frantic:)

There's a list of other months, some showing the dates of when new contracts were signed by Toon players (Vuckic Pro Deal active in September for example).

Actually, on further investigation, it appears its just his registration with the English FA being terminated and transferred over to the Italian FA. Xisco's contract was 'terminated' in September as he joined Santander in Spain too - so it looks like Zamblera is still on the books with us.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, posted it a few pages back, Pilko, still a good read though - comments are even better!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is Sammy Ameobi injured? Can't seem to spot him on the Pre-Season Training pics.

EDIT:

Nevermind, found him.

Guest michaelfoster

Is Sammy Ameobi injured? Can't seem to spot him on the Pre-Season Training pics.

EDIT:

Nevermind, found him.

You cant miss him, didnt realise how tall he was till i met him, he's fooking huge, made me like tiny considering he's only 17

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Any expections this year for our very own ginger ninja, Conor Newton?

I'd be really surprised, though happy for him, if he got a chance at 1st team action this season. I rate him pretty highly, but thats only because he works hard and has an engine on him. Has some quick feet when dribbling too and has the ability to pick out a pass.

As for Airey, be interesting to see where he goes from last season. If he's lost some of the momentum it'll show as I'm not convinced he's a natural goalscorer. Doesn't seem to expect to receive the ball when in the area/doesn't gamble. Loves to beat the offside trap though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Very strange. Whats the date, I might pop along?

Just spotted it:

Monday 12th July 7pm KO.

Don't forget this is tonight at the Blue Flames!

Ashington v Faeroe Islands

Any expections this year for our very own ginger ninja, Conor Newton?

I'd be really surprised, though happy for him, if he got a chance at 1st team action this season. I rate him pretty highly, but thats only because he works hard and has an engine on him. Has some quick feet when dribbling too and has the ability to pick out a pass.

His performance Vs villa in the youth cup still sticks in my mind. He looked a step up from the likes of Smith in the first team. Runs all day, breaks up play and helps going forward.

Faeroe Islands under 19's V Ashington, I would imagine this more than likely mass trial game for a stack of Faeroe Islands under 19 players with our youth recruiters viewing what is on offer. CH's old pal Brian Kerr is the national manager of the Faroe Islands.

Guest Antigalican

Well I popped down and Ashington won 3-1 in a fairly routine affair. Still nowt on the tele I suppose!