U23s & Academy

Skirge

Sunderland away first game up at SOS,  they used to be an absolute howl a few years ago but last couple have been played away from SoS.    For 2 seasons when Peter Reid was there manager the crowds were over 20k,  with a full away end,  atmosphere and piss taking was tremendous! 

Loads of reserve games are midweek afternoon kick offs which for the regular reserve watchers is a bit of a shitter!  The fixtures are on .com.  We are playing Chelsea at SJP though which is a new one,  the league is weird this year, we are in a league of 5 who we play home and away but only play the likes of Sunderland once(away) and Chelsea(home).

I don't think teams will be playing reserve teams in a couple of years the way its going.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think I'd cry if they messed with the Youth fixtures, but I can't see them switching them around. Saturday Mornings is almost a cert for KO times. binnsy I'll probably be going to the Sunderland game if you want to meet on the metro or something.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Have been in the past. Remember the away game against them was on LTV, where we lost 6-1 or something.

The 2PM kick offs IMO are the paranoia that ripples throughout the club below the 1st team.  Only a few seasons ago the Under 17s & U18's used to play in pitches next to each other @ the academy. They moved the olders lads to play there games at first team training ground. The reason so scouts & agents could not watch both games.  Now the reserves is packed with youngster they are making it hard for scouts & agents to get to games. I would imagine day rates at Blue Flame are also cheaper as floodlights wont be needed as much.

Guest optimistic nit

Reserves lost to Faroe Islands U19s, 2-1, Airey scored

Ashington whacked them the night before. Must have kept themselves fit for the "money game".

either that or our reserves are four goals worse than ashington. :(

Reserves lost to Faroe Islands U19s, 2-1, Airey scored

Ashington whacked them the night before. Must have kept themselves fit for the "money game".

either that or our academy are four goals worse than ashington. :(

OMG England are 1 goal better than Argentina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What's the reserve derby at the SOS like? Might give it a go this season. Is there usually a decent Toon turnout? I'm guessing we get our own section? Can you park up near the s**thole of a ground ok?

Sunderland away first game up at SOS,  they used to be an absolute howl a few years ago but last couple have been played away from SoS.    For 2 seasons when Peter Reid was there manager the crowds were over 20k,  with a full away end,  atmosphere and piss taking was tremendous! 

What's the reserve derby at the SOS like? Might give it a go this season. Is there usually a decent Toon turnout? I'm guessing we get our own section? Can you park up near the s**thole of a ground ok?

Last time we played them it was at Hetton le hole but when we play at SoS then we have normally been in the away end,  there were about 500 there NUFC fans there last time at SoS,  best games like i mentioned earlier were when Peter Reid was in charge of them and the crowds were big and atmosphere was a belter.  Yeah you can park ok, shouldn't be much trouble getting parked up.