Lets all give thanks to uncle Mike....

mrmojorisin75

What a ridiculous ridiculous thread.

The wages are too high with people at the club being paid excessively while underperforming badly.

Who does Ashley sell?  Milner, Nzogbia and Given with rumours it's Bassong next.  Some of the best value players at the club in terms of wages vs appearances vs performances.

He's also got a hospitalised has-been manager on £1M a year who's performed worse than any manager in the history of the club bar Ozzie Ardiles.

He's also got a chief scout on a £1.5M a season contract.

He's made one massive payout to get rid of a far better manager than we currently have.

He's due to make an even bigger payout to get rid of another even better manager than we currently have.

He's got us one point from being relegated and losing millions of TV money.

How can people say he's running things well?

I cannot fathom the warped mindset of an Ashley fan.

He's killing our club, and people are gladly watching him do it because he can afford to take the loss on his gamble and keep paying for the ever diminishing returns.......until he says "Fuck it", cuts his losses puts the club into administration and gets first dabs on the £120M of loans he's due as the clubs only creditor.

There's so much wrong with that post it's hard to know where to start but the bolded bit...I disagree that JK is a worse manager than Allardyce, and if you are saying that it was wrong to pay out so much money to get rid of the fat faker, then obviously that negates your point about paying Keegan off as he would never have been here, we'd still have Allardyce, heading to Hull with a ten man defence and hoofing the ball 50 yards for Owen to scrap for.

The point relates more to the one in the article from the OP that part of valncia's problem is the rate at which they go through managers.

Ashley has gone through 3 managers in one season.....but is sticking with the worst one.  If you think Allardyce is a worse manager than Kinnear then it serves to further illustrate how clueless you are.

At least I'm not so clueless to totally distort the point of the OP in order to get my digs in and pretend it was praising Ashley for "running things well".

"Let's all give thanks to uncle Mike...."

"the titles a piss take obviously"

keep going though bonny lad, doing well....

OK

"things could be much, much worse imo"

"things could have been very different had nobody bought the club from FS/Halls"

"Mike Ashley buying this club will turn out to be a blessing in disguise"

i posted the two in bold & see nothing controversial in either statement

If people are prepared to accept the shambles that has been NUFC over the course of this(and other)seasons, they deserve all they are, and will, get.

Face facts - Ashley, for all his good intentions(are they, I wonder?), has messed up jumbo style.

I cannot think of ONE thing he has done this season which has put the club on a better footing.

That sentence in bold is probably one of the biggest piles of dogshit I have ever read on this forum

This is the problem with anti-Ashley posters and the likes of the NUSC. Banging on about what's been done wrong without even attempting to acknowledge the point of the original post, which is about clubs going facing real financial difficulties if they spend beyond their means without any proportionate success. Does this sound like any club in particular?

This is the problem about those who have bought into Ashley's propaganda and have posted on this thread without correctly interpreting what others have said - there was absolutely NOTHING in my posting which mentioned Ashley's spend - if you look again , you will see that I said he has messed up Jumbo style ; this has nothing to do with the spend but EVERYTHING to do with his decision-making...and I stand by that 100 % , as would anyone unless they think that creating a situation where KK walks out, employing a third-rater like Kinnear after making an abortive effort to sell the club(and then offering him a 2 year contract) etc etc...is good management.

not arguing with any of that like, but i love the chelp that Happy Face has railed off into about spending on managers under ashley after a massive amount of the debt ashley paid off was built up by the previous owners in appointing shit managers on big contracts, allowing them to spend a fortune on shit players then sacking them and paying them off

you couldn't make it up

Ashley hasn't paid it off.  He's changed the lender....to himself...so we save on the interest.

Ashley has sacked managers at a rate 3 times more frequent than Shepherd did.  Why do you support this course of action while deriding it from the previous chairman?

Obviously the most important and pressing issue is that we are in real danger of going down, which would be worse than catastrophic, and even if we stay up its looks like we'll have a poor manager next year in JFK, with minimal investment in the playing staff over the summer.

However, given the financial climate you just can't ignore the fact that it does look like the club is on a better financial footing these days. I am far from Ashley's biggest fan and I am full of regret, disappointment and bitterness about how things have turned out during his time in charge, as we all are, but as Chezgiven says the bubble can burst very quickly. All things are relative and if the whole thing did go pear shaped we could very well find ourselves in a relatively safe position financially. I admit that means nowt if we're in the Championship like...

Don't like to look back but clearly the best situation would have been if Sheperd had appointed a good manager instead of Souness. As it happened Souness was backed very well and wasted that backing, setting us back on the pitch and off it... As it is, if alot of Premier League clubs did get into financial difficulties in the near future we could find ourselves thinking "Christ, it was a good job Ashley came along when he did after all".  

so what you're saying then is that you're an ashley apologist and want to give him a rim job?

???

If people are prepared to accept the shambles that has been NUFC over the course of this(and other)seasons, they deserve all they are, and will, get.

Face facts - Ashley, for all his good intentions(are they, I wonder?), has messed up jumbo style.

I cannot think of ONE thing he has done this season which has put the club on a better footing.

That sentence in bold is probably one of the biggest piles of dogshit I have ever read on this forum

This is the problem with anti-Ashley posters and the likes of the NUSC. Banging on about what's been done wrong without even attempting to acknowledge the point of the original post, which is about clubs going facing real financial difficulties if they spend beyond their means without any proportionate success. Does this sound like any club in particular?

This is the problem about those who have bought into Ashley's propaganda and have posted on this thread without correctly interpreting what others have said - there was absolutely NOTHING in my posting which mentioned Ashley's spend - if you look again , you will see that I said he has messed up Jumbo style ; this has nothing to do with the spend but EVERYTHING to do with his decision-making...and I stand by that 100 % , as would anyone unless they think that creating a situation where KK walks out, employing a third-rater like Kinnear after making an abortive effort to sell the club(and then offering him a 2 year contract) etc etc...is good management.

not arguing with any of that like, but i love the chelp that Happy Face has railed off into about spending on managers under ashley after a massive amount of the debt ashley paid off was built up by the previous owners in appointing shit managers on big contracts, allowing them to spend a fortune on shit players then sacking them and paying them off

you couldn't make it up

Ashley hasn't paid it off.  He's changed the lender....to himself...so we save on the interest.

Ashley has sacked managers at a rate 3 times more frequent than Shepherd did.  Why do you support this course of action while deriding it from the previous chairman?

ah, semantics, last desperate act - i'm going to assume that before ashley bought the club the money was owed by NUFC to someone who was not Mike Ashley, therefore he paid that debt did he not?  as we're being pedantic about it

you're referencing -2 years to +10 years which i hope you realise is fucking ridiculous & i support neither course of action

Said this in January, looking at the state of other club's finances and looking at the way the economy is going all over Europe, we may be in a much stronger position than many of our close competitors next season. In fact, we will be in a better state than some of them, perhaps more than we may realise. When bubbles burst, they do it quickly.

The big caveat is of course staying in the premiership, which remains a concern after we made a profit in the January window.

We're basically taking a huge gamble on this squad being good enough to stay up. Time will tell if that works. Even if it does, we're going to need to improve at some point, I don't think we could or should tolerate merely surviving in this league over a prolonged period of time, although I would certainly accept it this year.

you couldn't make it up

ah, semantics, last desperate act - i'm going to assume that before ashley bought the club the money was owed by NUFC to someone who was not Mike Ashley, therefore he paid that debt did he not?  as we're being pedantic about it

you're referencing -2 years to +10 years which i hope you realise is fucking ridiculous & i support neither course of action

There's no semantics involved.

When I transfer the balance on my credit cards to a 0% card, have I "Paid off my debt"?

No doubt it's a sensible course of action that saves me money.  It doesn't mean I'm now the shining example of a debt free citizen.

The bloke's only been here 2 years.  It's difficult to judge him on anything else.

Guest The Libertine
Ashley has sacked managers at a rate 3 times more frequent than Shepherd did.

bullshit "fact". he has sacked 1 manager he didnt appoint and who the vast majority of fans wanted out.

bullshit "fact". he has sacked 1 manager he didnt appoint and who the vast majority of fans wanted out.

I take your comment on board.  Would you agree that.

Ashley had 3 managers at the club in the space of one year.

Ashley has made significant compensation payments to two of them (or will have soon enough) one of whom was extraordinarily popular and doing very well.

you couldn't make it up

There's no semantics involved.

When I transfer the balance on my credit cards to a 0% card, have I "Paid off my debt"?

No doubt it's a sensible course of action that saves me money.  It doesn't mean I'm now the shining example of a debt free citizen.

The bloke's only been here 2 years.  It's difficult to judge him on anything else.

tell you what i'll rephrase my previous post, just for you then:

"not arguing with any of that like, but i love the chelp that Happy Face has railed off into about spending on managers under ashley after a massive amount of the debt ashley transferred to himself without charging the club interest was built up by the previous owners in appointing shit managers on big contracts, allowing them to spend a fortune on shit players then sacking them and paying them off"

better? 

if you can't see there's a contradiction between saying "Ashley has sacked managers at a rate 3 times more frequent than Shepherd did" and "The bloke's only been here 2 years.  It's difficult to judge him on anything else." then you're truly lost

and see what Ian W says next post

What a ridiculous ridiculous thread.

The wages are too high with people at the club being paid excessively while underperforming badly.

Who does Ashley sell?  Milner, Nzogbia and Given with rumours it's Bassong next.  Some of the best value players at the club in terms of wages vs appearances vs performances.

He's also got a hospitalised has-been manager on £1M a year who's performed worse than any manager in the history of the club bar Ozzie Ardiles.

He's also got a chief scout on a £1.5M a season contract.

He's made one massive payout to get rid of a far better manager than we currently have.

He's due to make an even bigger payout to get rid of another even better manager than we currently have.

He's got us one point from being relegated and losing millions of TV money.

How can people say he's running things well?

I cannot fathom the warped mindset of an Ashley fan.

He's killing our club, and people are gladly watching him do it because he can afford to take the loss on his gamble and keep paying for the ever diminishing returns.......until he says "f*** it", cuts his losses puts the club into administration and gets first dabs on the £120M of loans he's due as the clubs only creditor.

There's so much wrong with that post it's hard to know where to start but the bolded bit...I disagree that JK is a worse manager than Allardyce, and if you are saying that it was wrong to pay out so much money to get rid of the fat faker, then obviously that negates your point about paying Keegan off as he would never have been here, we'd still have Allardyce, heading to Hull with a ten man defence and hoofing the ball 50 yards for Owen to scrap for.

The point relates more to the one in the article from the OP that part of valncia's problem is the rate at which they go through managers.

Ashley has gone through 3 managers in one season.....but is sticking with the worst one.  If you think Allardyce is a worse manager than Kinnear then it serves to further illustrate how clueless you are.

At least I'm not so clueless to totally distort the point of the OP in order to get my digs in and pretend it was praising Ashley for "running things well".

"Let's all give thanks to uncle Mike...."

"the titles a piss take obviously"

keep going though bonny lad, doing well....

OK

"things could be much, much worse imo"

"things could have been very different had nobody bought the club from FS/Halls"

"MAYBE Mike Ashley buying this club will turn out to be a blessing in disguise"

FYP. Seems like you can't read

Guest The Libertine

Ashley has made significant compensation payments to two of them (or will have soon enough) one of whom was extraordinarily popular and doing very well.

manager #1 has been explained above. manager #2 quit and isnt guaranteed any payout (though it is likely he'll get something) and manager #3 took over because manager #2 quit and is still currently employed as our manager.

to compare this to shepherd's hirings and sackings is insane.

Obviously the most important and pressing issue is that we are in real danger of going down, which would be worse than catastrophic, and even if we stay up its looks like we'll have a poor manager next year in JFK, with minimal investment in the playing staff over the summer.

However, given the financial climate you just can't ignore the fact that it does look like the club is on a better financial footing these days. I am far from Ashley's biggest fan and I am full of regret, disappointment and bitterness about how things have turned out during his time in charge, as we all are, but as Chezgiven says the bubble can burst very quickly. All things are relative and if the whole thing did go pear shaped we could very well find ourselves in a relatively safe position financially. I admit that means nowt if we're in the Championship like...

Don't like to look back but clearly the best situation would have been if Sheperd had appointed a good manager instead of Souness. As it happened Souness was backed very well and wasted that backing, setting us back on the pitch and off it... As it is, if alot of Premier League clubs did get into financial difficulties in the near future we could find ourselves thinking "Christ, it was a good job Ashley came along when he did after all".   

Completley agree.

Completley agree.

Same here. For all of Shepherd's faults, he could have rectified the mess he made of the SBR situation by appointing a good manager instead of plumping for Souness. I for one would have been happy enough with that, seeing the amount of money that would have been spent in an attempt to improve from where Robson had left off.

manager #1 has been explained above. manager #2 quit and isnt guaranteed any payout (though it is likely he'll get something) and manager #3 took over because manager #2 quit and is still currently employed as our manager.

I don't think Shepherd made a hash of a single managerial departure as much as Ashley screwed up in letting Keegan qo.

Nor do I think he screwed up any appointment as badly as Ashley screwed up when he gave the job to Kinnear.

Can you give me an example?

This has long been my contention about the current situation. Things look bad, but they'd look a fuck of a lot worse if we didn't have someone willing and able to pump enough into the club to keep us going. Yeah, the squad badly needs investment. Yeah, we badly need a better manager. Yeah, they're not very good communicators, appointed Keegan without realising how much they'd have to spend to keep him happy, and failed to predict or deal effectively with the mass hysteria that followed his departure. But they're right to try and get the finances under control because, for clubs other than the regular CL qualifiers, it's no longer going to be possible to live on credit and hope for the best.

Be interesting to see how many clubs fail to find new shirt sponsors in the immediate future.

Fair post. If the gamble 'pays off' (ie we stay up) in the short-term we will probably be stronger in the mid to long-term.

I firmly believe Ashley has fucked up monumentally here so far, but I also think it was crystal clear something had to change.

I don't think Shepherd made a hash of a single managerial departure as much as Ashley screwed up in letting Keegan qo.

Nor do I think he screwed up any appointment as badly as Ashley screwed up when he gave the job to Kinnear.

Robson and Souness.

:lol:  fuck me

Robson and Souness.

Did you see the walkout at the end of Robsons last full season?  A lot of people thought his time had come.

Whatever you think of Souness (and he is a shit massive twat) he'd won far more and managed far bigger clubs than Kinnear.

:lol:   f*** me

What was wrong with what he said?  The whole thing was a fiasco

:lol:   fuck me

Howay then