This Wayne Rooney business....

Big Geordie

Guest quklaani

Well, there was this little hint:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg21/vanquishd5/GaryNeville.gif

*spoilered for taste and deceny reasons*

I haven't read Rooney's comments but if an opposition player came out and voiced that he'd love to be the one who scored the goal that sent NUFC down I'd be angry. He may think that but there is no need to tell the media that. Rooney may be in for some tasty challenges from Liverpool players, to go with the dodgy ones he usually does himself (and gets away with apart from in Europe).

If Shearer or any other Newcastle player said he'd love to score the goal that sent the Mackems down, you wouldn't have minded a bit...there is no difference, and any fan would expect one of the Mackems to say something on these lines IF they were playing us nearer the end of the season...

All he was saying was he grew up as an Evertonian and rivalry with Liverpool is in his blood. The word 'hate' is taken a bit out of context.

Mind you, if I were a Liverpool player, I'd be very wary of winding him up about it. Rooney seems to thrive on pressure.

I haven't read Rooney's comments but if an opposition player came out and voiced that he'd love to be the one who scored the goal that sent NUFC down I'd be angry. He may think that but there is no need to tell the media that. Rooney may be in for some tasty challenges from Liverpool players, to go with the dodgy ones he usually does himself (and gets away with apart from in Europe).

If Shearer or any other Newcastle player said he'd love to score the goal that sent the Mackems down, you wouldn't have minded a bit...there is no difference, and any fan would expect one of the Mackems to say something on these lines IF they were playing us nearer the end of the season...

Completely true but they never do say it. They are too 'professional' to say that. The North East clubs and players always say they want all the clubs in the Premiership, blah, blah.

The main reason not to publicly state these opinions is because it fires up the opposition and their crowd. That will be why Man U took down Rooney's comments.