Olly Bernard

Thespence

Apparently hes living in Newcastle now, has part ownership of a shop in town and is opening up some kind of French Cafe.

I always remember when Robert belted the ball straight off his face and he fell over in that delayed reaction comedic style!!!!  :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Yeah he was immense that night, and me too Jonny. I'd always thought he was a bit s*** up until that point. Completely changed his NUFC career. I've rarely seen players do that; go from obscurity to near brilliance in one night and then keep it up for the remainder of his time.

that absolutely was not the case at all

Yeah he was immense that night, and me too Jonny. I'd always thought he was a bit s*** up until that point. Completely changed his NUFC career. I've rarely seen players do that; go from obscurity to near brilliance in one night and then keep it up for the remainder of his time.

Cracking argument. I'm convinced.

Cracking argument. I'm convinced.

Have to say, it wasn't the case for me, either. Trouble is my memory is so atrocious I can't think of any facts to construct an argument around :lol:

Admittedly i can't remember perfectly how things panned out for him. However, i didn't think he was that great a player prior to the Inter game. I can remember specifically cos i can remember me and me dad being stunned at what a brilliant performance it was from him. Basically what i'm saying is that my opinion of him changed from that night on. Call that fickle if you want, but i was only like 11.

"That was absolutely not the case at all." Just sounds like more condescending bullshit from you, Ronaldo. It's my interpretation of it man. The guy turned out to be one of my favourite players and if i was to pick a point in which it changed for me, i'd say the Inter game.

He scored a nice goal against Chelsea and scored a cross-shot iirc vs Man Utd

:smitten:

Scored a cracker at Highbury aswell after a perfect through ball by Dyer.

Easily one of the best left backs in the country for a period of time.

Don't think Bernard ever scored a goal that wasn't a belter, come to think of it. I can remember a scorcher at home to Rangers in a friendly n'all.

The fluke he scored against ManU wasn't a belter.

Guest Phil K

Bernard thought he was a "star" and could do better than NUFC - he learned like many others (Stephen Glass for one) just how mollycoddled they are here.

Should have been a pillar for us. He was liked by the fans - a good player, didn't hide, wasn't a sicknote waver like so many here -  but eventually,  ego got in the way more than him being hard done to.

Bernard thought he was a "star" and could do better than NUFC - he learned like many others (Stephen Glass for one) just how mollycoddled they are here.

Should have been a pillar for us. He was liked by the fans - a good player, didn't hide, wasn't a sicknote waver like so many here -  but eventually,  ego got in the way more than him being hard done to.

I agree, didn't know what he had until it was gone (particularly if you look at his 'career' after leaving us). Was a class act for us whilst on the pitch mind, and we did well to hold on to him when West Ham came calling the first time.

Don't think Bernard ever scored a goal that wasn't a belter, come to think of it. I can remember a scorcher at home to Rangers in a friendly n'all.

Boro at home is the only one the comes to mind but even that was well worked and as good finish