If we stay up, what then?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The voting is much closer than I expected, particularly considering the posts in this thread.

40% expect us to do alright next year, which surprises me.

Dave, it shows how our expectations have been lowered very quickly under Ashley if your saying finishing mid/lower table next season (if we stay up) is now considered to be a relative success!

True. I'm classing 'doing alright' as not being in a relegation battle again. :(

We'll storm the Championship with captain Shola bagging the golden boot award. Anyone who doesn't realise we have an ice cube's chance in hell of staying up is deluded. We can't win a game for anything - when we play top teams we put in a decent shift but get inevitably overrun in the end, when we play shit teams we play shitter than them. The two men in charge of first team affairs - one coach who never wanted a manager's job and has the charisma of a shrub and the other who nearly took forest to league 1 - can't do anything about it but are stuck, the owner is a crook and a clueless one at that, the first team lack any direction, there's nobody who can really score or create goals, and on top of it we have our usually squad decimation by injuries.

But aye, everything will be fine. Reality check, we're fucked, it's over.

We'll storm the Championship with captain Shola bagging the golden boot award. Anyone who doesn't realise we have an ice cube's chance in hell of staying up is deluded. We can't win a game for anything - when we play top teams we put in a decent shift but get inevitably overrun in the end, when we play shit teams we play shitter than them. The two men in charge of first team affairs - one coach who never wanted a manager's job and has the charisma of a shrub and the other who nearly took forest to league 1 - can't do anything about it but are stuck, the owner is a crook and a clueless one at that, the first team lack any direction, there's nobody who can really score or create goals, and on top of it we have our usually squad decimation by injuries.

But aye, everything will be fine. Reality check, we're fucked, it's over.

Forest were in League 1 when he took over tbf. That's unless you're talking about :kinnear:

If we stay up we won't struggle as badly next season. Even though we don't have a massive squad we have the quality to do OK if we can keep enough players fit.

If we add another few signings of the same quality of previous ones we will be much improved.

Not sure we will stay up sadly.

The key for me is getting a good manager in.

this :thup:

If we stay up we won't struggle as badly next season. Even though we don't have a massive squad we have the quality to do OK if we can keep enough players fit.

If we add another few signings of the same quality of previous ones we will be much improved.

easy. Lets hope those pesky other 16 or 17 premiership clubs don't get the same idea.

Edit.....I'll amplify this, and say every manager has to be backed by his board, whether they are good or not.

easy. Lets hope those pesky other 16 or 17 premiership clubs don't get the same idea.

Edit.....I'll amplify this, and say every manager has to be backed by his board, whether they are good or not.

Except Arsene Wenger seemingly...

Well, he has been backed. But if you mean he has been successful with a club run on Ashley-type prudency, lets go and look for someone just like him, I'm sure there are plenty around that we will discover before everyone else. Easy isn't it ?

Wegner has spent big though.

Wegner has spent big though.

But over the last 10 years has broken even or better cant remember off my head

What would 'backing' mean if the manager was rubbish though? Still letting them spend millions of the club's money on the wrong players?

What would 'backing' mean if the manager was rubbish though? Still letting them spend millions of the club's money on the wrong players?

oh dear..........you still don't get it do you

Well, he has been backed. But if you mean he has been successful with a club run on Ashley-type prudency, lets go and look for someone just like him, I'm sure there are plenty around that we will discover before everyone else. Easy isn't it ?

I was only being pedantic, expressing my admiration for what Wenger has done with no money. I've agreed with you on the need for backing managers many a time in the past. It's clearly essential, although there are times when restraint should be shown.