Ireland Internationals

Decky

Yeah, we simply don't have the players right now. It's easy for people to blame Trapattoni, but look at what he has to work with. The future is pretty grim for Irish football.  :sad:

I wonder what kind of funding goes towards soccer here? GAA clubs have fantastic funding. I mean even small clubs get so much. Pretty much every town/village in Ireland has a GAA club which has a club house, personalized kits, gyms etc and in a lot of cases flood lighting. If the FAI and the IFA invested as much into local soccer as the GAA does in to local clubs then maybe there'd be more of an interest and therefore better players here?

somehow I get the feeling not very much not when theres a stadium to payoff and the ridiculous amounts the likes of John Delany get (and had the audacity and cheek to defend his salary) while under his "enlightened" stewardship the league clubs are falling to pieces while the FAI does sweet f*** all.

But hey, at least we've got da bestest fanz in da world!!  :frantic:

That 3 ad is so fucking embarrassing. :lol:

Yeah, we simply don't have the players right now. It's easy for people to blame Trapattoni, but look at what he has to work with. The future is pretty grim for Irish football.  :sad:

I wonder what kind of funding goes towards soccer here? GAA clubs have fantastic funding. I mean even small clubs get so much. Pretty much every town/village in Ireland has a GAA club which has a club house, personalized kits, gyms etc and in a lot of cases flood lighting. If the FAI and the IFA invested as much into local soccer as the GAA does in to local clubs then maybe there'd be more of an interest and therefore better players here?

Aside from the odd grant here and there local clubs receive little from the GAA. 95% of club funding is raised locally by the club.

McClean supposed to be pretending having a leg injury.

Loves a bit of  shin feign .

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag17/cflan1984/d8c3932c3d67d8627974574f0e899010_zps559cb677.jpg

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

To think Trap was prepared to play Green ahead of McCarthy had Whelan not been injured ;D

As good as forde might have been, McCarthy was MOTM he carried green through that game. Coleman was also very good and the two cbs played okay.