Ireland Internationals

Decky

I'm pleased to see them qualify. Just get over the whole "England media" thing. No right minded person pays any attention to those rags just be happy you're there.

It's only half time, they haven't qualified yet.

Well Estonia are missing 4 players who they deemed starting 11 tonight. You think they have a chance of winning by 5 goals in Dublin?

I'm pleased to see them qualify. Just get over the whole "England media" thing. No right minded person pays any attention to those rags just be happy you're there.

Well Estonia are missing 4 players who they deemed starting 11 tonight. You think they have a chance of winning by 5 goals in Dublin?

Did you expect us to recover from 4 nil down at half time to Arsenal last season?

Did you expect us to recover from 4 nil down at half time to Arsenal last season?

Would it have happened at the Emirates?

Would it have happened at the Emirates?

who knows, you look like your through, but you've still got to play another 90 minutes yet and anything could happen. An early goal and early sending off and who knows.

Guest Chubby Jason

They're through. I hope they're in the same group as us that would be fucking class. I've got an old uni mate from NI who I've been arguing with for about 6 years about football and it would be class to see England and Ireland face each other.

They're through. I hope they're in the same group as us that would be fucking class. I've got an old uni mate from NI who I've been arguing with for about 6 years about football and it would be class to see England and Ireland face each other.

Slight flaw in your post is that your uni mate is from NI.

Guest Chubby Jason

They're through. I hope they're in the same group as us that would be f***ing class. I've got an old uni mate from NI who I've been arguing with for about 6 years about football and it would be class to see England and Ireland face each other.

Come on you must know that place is divided on where their allegiances lie.

They're through. I hope they're in the same group as us that would be f***ing class. I've got an old uni mate from NI who I've been arguing with for about 6 years about football and it would be class to see England and Ireland face each other.

Aye, makes no sense to me mind, if your from NI your from NI. if your from Eire you're from Eire, end of.

Well a lot of Northern Irish fans (not all of them!) sing anti-Catholic songs and absolutely hate a whole half of the countries community. Songs about being up to their knees in fenian blood etc. Might be different now (although they were singing it when they played in Dublin this year), but the history is certainly there and that is a huge reason for the divide. Also the history of the 2 communities tells the story of 1 half seeing NI as it's own country within the UK and the other half seeing NI as 6 partitioned counties divided from the real Irish country - The Republic. Which is why both communities are inclined to choose either team. A similarity can be seen with Celtic and Rangers.

A poor reason to support a team yes, but not everyone considers the above when deciding who to pick, they pick one because where they live it is unheard of to pick the other. It's just the way it is, it's a fucked up island on these issues.

Guest Chubby Jason

Aye, makes no sense to me mind, if your from NI your from NI. if your from Eire you're from Eire, end of.

Many don't consider Northern Ireland to exit and they live in a united Ireland. You can't just dismiss that by saying "end of".

Many don't consider Northern Ireland to exit and they live in a united Ireland. You can't just dismiss that by saying "end of".

Not really interested in whether some people think it exists or not as i don't think politics and sport should get mixed up. A quick look at a map says it does exist and has a football team representing it so if you live there or were born and bred there than that's your country and who you should be supporting.

Not really interested in whether some people think it exists or not as i don't think politics and sport should get mixed up. A quick look at a map says it does exist and has a football team representing it so if you live there or were born and bred there than that's your country and who you should be supporting.

If only it was as simple as that. Well I guess it will be in later years for new generations, if the peace process stays strong.

Nice one Trapattoni getting some of the worst ever Premiership players and lower league cloggers lacking in any technical ability to a tournament, not to mention Sunderland rejects. While Guus Hiddink was totally clueless.

Nice one Trapattoni getting some of the worst ever Premiership players and lower league cloggers lacking in any technical ability to a tournament, not to mention Sunderland rejects. While Guus Hiddink was totally clueless.

Hiddink played Croatia, one of the more talented teams in Europe. Ireland played a country of 1 million that has never qualified for any torunament in its history.

Hiddink played Croatia, one of the more talented teams in Europe. Ireland played a country of 1 million that has never qualified for any torunament in its history.

He was still clueless on the night and was managing a far better team than one with Paul Mcshane and Keith Andrews in it, I was expecting a close game, but he suffered a bigger defeat and his team lacked more discipline than Trap has in any match with Ireland. That includes Italy twice, France twice and Russia twice. France 0-1 and Russia 2-3 are the only narrow defeats, they haven't lost an away game to anyone.

Hiddink also lost to Azerbaijan who've never got near a tournament, In the last qualifiers he was managing an even better team and lost to a country of 2 million. Ireland itself only has a pop of 4m, Croatia has 4m, Turkey has 73m and Russia 142m. Yet Ireland have got closer to the past two tournaments than Hiddink.

Hail El Trap.  :coolsmiley:

He was still clueless on the night and was managing a far better team than one with Paul Mcshane and Keith Andrews in it, I was expecting a close game, but he suffered a bigger defeat and his team lacked more discipline than Trap has in any match with Ireland. That includes Italy twice, France twice and Russia twice. France 0-1 and Russia 2-3 are the only narrow defeats, they haven't lost an away game to anyone.

Hiddink also lost to Azerbaijan who've never got near a tournament, In the last qualifiers he was managing an even better team and lost to a country of 2 million. Ireland itself only has a pop of 4m, Croatia has 4m, Turkey has 73m and Russia 142m. Yet Ireland have got closer to the past two tournaments than Hiddink.

Hail El Trap.  :coolsmiley:

Never considered it like that. Trap has really worked a miracle with us!