How to turn this club around?

Begbie

What I said all along has just been proven with these two guys NE5 and HTL.

This idiot NE5 who believes anyone outside of Newcastle knows bugger all about the club.

Liverpool have had a long list of Managerial successes as have Arsenal and all he can quote is Roy Evans.

All the clubs I mentioned have won silverware in recent times.

HTL thinks your opinions are based on his postings from way back when.

As I said before you cannot have a proper debate with these two and I wont bother trying anymore, its  a waste of time and there are far more interesting things to do.

So waste your time with your windup  longwinded posts guys this fish aint biting.

Best post on this thread, Fox.

I vowed I would NOT get involved in all this 'Yah-Boo, I know better than you stuff' after the last interminable rants over the running of the Club.

Time to deal in that much over-used word , guys - FACT

FACT 1. Club Unsuccessful for 38 years(YES, UNSUCCESSFUL - TROPHIES NIL, despite having most loyal fans in the country, based on what has been put in front of them).

FACT 2. Club had best chance of sustained success over the past 10 years - THIS HAS BEEN WASTED.

FACT 3. There has been no recognisable LONG-TERM PLAN for the development & future of the Club(Shilly-shallying over Academy for years, poor Scouting networks etc.).

FACT 4. The club has made some APPALLING signings when the whole package of the deal is costed-out

FACT 5, The club has been going backwards for at least 3 years since the lack of investment prior to Champs league campaign in 2003/4

FACT 6. The handling of the Bobby Robson situation (re; his stepping-down)was deplorably mis-managed., leading directly to the current, serious situation.

FACT 7. THE BUCK STOPS AT THE TOP; THE CHAIRMAN HAS MADE(OR NOT MADE!) THE DECISIONS WHICH HAVE LEAD TO THIS(MANAGERIAL APPTS., TRANSFER POLICIES) AND SO SHOULD CARRY THE CAN.

Anyone who can't(or won't) see this is now well & truly in the minority of the club's long-suffering support

and doing the club no good by defending its position.

As I said before, they are entitled to their views, but I recommend that as from now, no-one gets into a pointless debate about it - they are never going to change, so leave them to it.

We have enough things to discuss & worry about besides those who insist the World is flat...

Last word on the subject.

I wonder why they think anyone gives a toss what they supposedly posted way back whenever?

I wonder why you disappeared when your mate that you backed to spend millions, sell the "cancer" and leave the club better off, did the opposite, then came back when you hoped we would all have forgotten about it

Your memory is, of course, faulty.

I "disappeared" at the time Fat Fred dissed the Hitzfeld campaign as a "betting scam". I'd called in a favour or two and put myself on the line to arrange a press interview with a national paper so that someone from the campaign could present our point of view. Then various lightweights got in a tizz about how it might upset Fat Fred and how I was some kind of traitor for helping the national press to knock our wonderful chairman. So I figured, what's the point? And ducked out for a while.

As the consequences of yet another disastrous Fat Fred appointment have now become clear, most forum members have, however, now seen the light – rather blinding at the moment, when you consider the overall cacked-up state of the club.

Which you can't see, of course, as keeping your head stuck well up your arse is naturally an impediment to vision. Still, at least you provide some light relief in these troubled times for forum members who need something to laugh at.

I see. YOu mean you dished the dirt on your "own" football club to a scumbag London based journalist who hates Newcastle United.

Call yourself a fan of the club.

No wonder you disappeared.

We know that this is why you disappeared, along with the fact that your hero messed up and you don't have the balls to admit it, unless you are prepared to stick to your guns and continue to claim we are better off for the job he did ?

This idiot NE5 who believes anyone outside of Newcastle knows bugger all about the club.

Liverpool have had a long list of Managerial successes as have Arsenal and all he can quote is Roy Evans.

As I said before you cannot have a proper debate with these two and I wont bother trying anymore, its  a waste of time and there are far more interesting things to do.

So waste your time with your windup  longwinded posts guys this fish aint biting.

I vowed I would NOT get involved in all this 'Yah-Boo, I know better than you stuff' after the last interminable rants over the running of the Club.

FACT 1. Club Unsuccessful for 38 years(YES, UNSUCCESSFUL - TROPHIES NIL, despite having most loyal fans in the country, based on what has been put in front of them).

FACT 2. Club had best chance of sustained success over the past 10 years - THIS HAS BEEN WASTED.

FACT 3. There has been no recognisable LONG-TERM PLAN for the development & future of the Club(Shilly-shallying over Academy for years, poor Scouting networks etc.).

FACT 4. The club has made some APPALLING signings when the whole package of the deal is costed-out

FACT 5, The club has been going backwards for at least 3 years since the lack of investment prior to Champs league campaign in 2003/4

FACT 6. The handling of the Bobby Robson situation (re; his stepping-down)was deplorably mis-managed., leading directly to the current, serious situation.

FACT 7. THE BUCK STOPS AT THE TOP; THE CHAIRMAN HAS MADE(OR NOT MADE!) THE DECISIONS WHICH HAVE LEAD TO THIS(MANAGERIAL APPTS., TRANSFER POLICIES) AND SO SHOULD CARRY THE CAN.

Anyone who can't(or won't) see this is now well & truly in the minority of the club's long-suffering support

As I said before, they are entitled to their views, but I recommend that as from now, no-one gets into a pointless debate about it - they are never going to change, so leave them to it.

We have enough things to discuss & worry about besides those who insist the World is flat...

shame he still doesn't answer the genuine questions posed about his criteria for appointing managers ..

Not to mention the comment I have made pointing out that I mentioned a lot more than just Roy Evans, which I did and I presume you haven't noticed it either.

Not really, you're just writing something I posted ages ago about Fred, that's all. And I mean, ages ago.

Then you post lies...... Freddy is my hero and all that bollocks.

I said just after Souness was appointed that one of the failings of Fred is that he appoints managers for one trait, that he's reactionary. I didn't see you agreeing with me at the time, we probably weren't doing badly enough at that time for you to bother posting.  Yet here you are spouting the same stuff as though you're the first to think of it.  What a laugh. Other than complaints about players you've never seen you have nowt to say that's original.

Amusingly HTL's post two or so years ago was based on a post made by myself 2 weeks prior. Strange but true. ;)

bluebiggrin.gif

I wonder why they think anyone gives a toss what they supposedly posted way back whenever?

I wonder why anyone would give a toss about what you post in the here and now......

In his mind, we all wait, quivering, with baited breath, for the Mighty OzzieMandias to post.

Its best to ignore him and hope he'll go away. Like a bear. Or, more aptly, a wasp.

I wonder why you disappeared when your mate that you backed to spend millions, sell the "cancer" and leave the club better off, did the opposite, then came back when you hoped we would all have forgotten about it

I "disappeared" at the time Fat Fred dissed the Hitzfeld campaign as a "betting scam". I'd called in a favour or two and put myself on the line to arrange a press interview with a national paper so that someone from the campaign could present our point of view. Then various lightweights got in a tizz about how it might upset Fat Fred and how I was some kind of traitor for helping the national press to knock our wonderful chairman. So I figured, what's the point? And ducked out for a while.

As the consequences of yet another disastrous Fat Fred appointment have now become clear, most forum members have, however, now seen the light – rather blinding at the moment, when you consider the overall cacked-up state of the club.

Which you can't see, of course, as keeping your head stuck well up your arse is naturally an impediment to vision. Still, at least you provide some light relief in these troubled times for forum members who need something to laugh at.

Why do you think Hitzfeld would be more qualified for the job now than Dalglish was at the time he was appointed?

Thanks in advance for avoiding the question..........

Turning the club around, a 4 point plan:

1) Remove FFS ENTIRELYfrom footballing decisions

2) Remove the incompetent manager and entire "coaching" team

3) Remove all of the players who offer NOTHING to a top 6 Premiership side (i.e. Bramble, Dire, Ameobi, Luque, Sibierski, Babayaro, Moore, Carr, et al).

4) Replace all of the above with talented, hungry, competent individuals

Its not going to be cheap, easy, or even likely. But without ALL of the above, we won't get back to where we think we should be.

I really can't be bothered to go through all of your points simply because most of it comes under the "be careful what you wish for" banner of replacing the Board. However, the point about summer 2003 gets on my wick because time after time people mention this. I post the facts of that period and the only person to address it so far has been Macbeth. Here it is again, I'd appreciate your comment....especially as the Board is now being slated for poor financial management.

<snip>

This has already been done to death. The facts show the club speculated to move from the Gullit mediocrity to a CL qualifying place by spending nearly £50m quid net in the 32 months prior to summer 2003, it's also a fact the club lashed out millions in January 2003 on Woodgate, something that is always ignored by those who babble on about summer 2003. From Jan 2001 ( ish ) through to summer 2003 the wage bill increased massively as well because we'd speculated by bringing in nearly a dozen players in 32 months under Robson, with only 2 reserve players leaving the club for very small fees.

<snip>

I see. YOu mean you dished the dirt on your "own" football club to a scumbag London based journalist who hates Newcastle United.

Call yourself a fan of the club.

No wonder you disappeared.

We know that this is why you disappeared, along with the fact that your hero messed up and you don't have the balls to admit it, unless you are prepared to stick to your guns and continue to claim we are better off for the job he did ?

bump.

For Fox to answer the question and to the WUM to admit he has not got the bottle to admit he was wrong, as this appears to be the theme of the day

The long term supporter Mick can also explain how standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one too .. :lol:

bump.

For Fox to answer the question and to the WUM to admit he has not got the bottle to admit he was wrong, as this appears to be the theme of the day

The long term supporter Mick can also explain how standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one too .. :lol:

"The long term supporter Mick" never said that "standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one."  But it's fact in your head so it must be.

bump.

"The long term supporter Mick" never said that "standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one."  But it's fact in your head so it must be.

eeerrrr....you have said the old board is no different and no worse than the current board, correct ?

No, you don't see.

I arranged for someone from the Hitzfeld campaign to have their say in reply to Fat Freddie slagging off Newcastle fans (again).

I really can't be bothered to go through all of your points simply because most of it comes under the "be careful what you wish for" banner of replacing the Board. However, the point about summer 2003 gets on my wick because time after time people mention this. I post the facts of that period and the only person to address it so far has been Macbeth. Here it is again, I'd appreciate your comment....especially as the Board is now being slated for poor financial management.

<snip>

This has already been done to death. The facts show the club speculated to move from the Gullit mediocrity to a CL qualifying place by spending nearly £50m quid net in the 32 months prior to summer 2003, it's also a fact the club lashed out millions in January 2003 on Woodgate, something that is always ignored by those who babble on about summer 2003. From Jan 2001 ( ish ) through to summer 2003 the wage bill increased massively as well because we'd speculated by bringing in nearly a dozen players in 32 months under Robson, with only 2 reserve players leaving the club for very small fees.

<snip>

So, as merlin said, no strengthening of the team in summer 2003.

How to turn the club around:

1) Get rid of the chairman. Replaced by either an investor, preferabley young with a vision or one of the boards directors. Even if it is one of Sheppards yes men, at least he/she would give the club renewed optimism and a sense of light at the end of the tunnel.

2) Sack the cronnies. McDerrmot and Clark at this club for sentimental reasons only, they should not be coaching first team affairs. I don't know what Pearson is doing here.

3) Demote Roeder. Put him back in charge of the academy and alow Clark to learn coaching skills under his wing.

4) Hire a director of football. Someone with vast experiance in the game, yet won't attempt to stifle the managers descions, yet will advise on money. Suggestions: Keegan or Robson.

5) Hire and new manager. Vital that whoever it is comes in with his own people and has an emphasis on short term and long term success, as well as squad size, youth and Fooking good defenders. A PROVEN WINNER, SOMEONE THE FANS WANT! Suggestions: Ranieri, Houllier or Hitzfeld *Drool*

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Agree were much with what you are saying here. Dunno about Keegan, would love for him to do great here again. But isnt he a bit loose on the money?  I would actually love Kenny Dalglish back here as a DoF. Think he could do a very good job for us. And is a great person too.

Would have suggested the ex argentinian coach as our new manager, only problem might be the language.

What makes you think Dalgleish would make a good DoF.  Knows nothing about current continental players, been out of the game for far too long but does have a very good golf handicap.

<snip>

<snip>

So, as merlin said, no strengthening of the team in summer 2003.

..... enter macbeth and Mick to tell you the club doesn't have a bottomless pit of money. The fact that the club "didn't strengthen" in summer 2003 despite having spent around 40m quid in the preceding 2-3 years [who would you have bought and for how much exactly ?] must have been at the root of your conviction that your man - the one on your wallpaper - had plenty of money 14 months later and would spend it improving the team, especially when his kitty was boosted by the sale of the "cancer". Of course, as you said, it was all for the best.

Perhaps you can't see the difference between spending to consolidate a position at the top and qualify for the CL for a second money-spinning season and spending in a panic two summers later when we've long pissed away that chance – now gone, it seems, for good.

Havn`t read the thread but the best way to save this club is burn it to the ground and claim on the insurance. Then start again.

:lol:  Are you saying the board should be locked in the ground when the fire starts?  WELL ARE YOU?!!!  bluebiggrin.gif

Havn`t read the thread but the best way to save this club is burn it to the ground and claim on the insurance. Then start again.

:lol:  Are you saying the board should be locked in the ground when the fire starts?  WELL ARE YOU?!!!  bluebiggrin.gif

Good plan, never thought of that, maybe use them to start it, that blubber would burn for ages.

Good plan, never thought of that, maybe use them to start it, that blubber would burn for ages.

bluebiggrin.gif  It'd be like that petrol depot fire in Hemel Hempstead, it'd burn out of control for days.  We'd have to sacrifice the S & N brewery and the Strawberry in the interest of the club of course....

1) Get rid of the chairman. Replaced by either an investor, preferabley young with a vision or one of the boards directors. Even if it is one of Sheppards yes men, at least he/she would give the club renewed optimism and a sense of light at the end of the tunnel.

2) Sack the cronnies. McDerrmot and Clark at this club for sentimental reasons only, they should not be coaching first team affairs. I don't know what Pearson is doing here.

3) Demote Roeder. Put him back in charge of the academy and alow Clark to learn coaching skills under his wing.

4) Hire a director of football. Someone with vast experiance in the game, yet won't attempt to stifle the managers descions, yet will advise on money. Suggestions: Keegan or Robson.

5) Hire and new manager. Vital that whoever it is comes in with his own people and has an emphasis on short term and long term success, as well as squad size, youth and Fooking good defenders. A PROVEN WINNER, SOMEONE THE FANS WANT! Suggestions: Ranieri, Houllier or Hitzfeld *Drool*

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Agree were much with what you are saying here. Dunno about Keegan, would love for him to do great here again. But isnt he a bit loose on the money?  I would actually love Kenny Dalglish back here as a DoF. Think he could do a very good job for us. And is a great person too.

Would have suggested the ex argentinian coach as our new manager, only problem might be the language.

What makes you think Dalgleish would make a good DoF.  Knows nothing about current continental players, been out of the game for far too long but does have a very good golf handicap.

Just because he has been out of job a while, doesnt meen he know nothing of current players. He can be up to date for all we know. He seems like the kind of person who can do good deals, as I can remember he handle the media very fine.  He just looks like a person who can represent the club very well, and I bet he would spend his money wise.  But its my personall view, you might have another. But I like the idea of him in that role, and just think he would do a good job. Maybe similar like the one he did in blackburn ;)

Just because he has been out of job a while, doesnt meen he know nothing of current players. He can be up to date for all we know. He seems like the kind of person who can do good deals, as I can remember he handle the media very fine.  He just looks like a person who can represent the club very well, and I bet he would spend his money wise.  But its my personall view, you might have another. But I like the idea of him in that role, and just think he would do a good job. Maybe similar like the one he did in blackburn ;)

On the other hand, he was the man that signed Des Hamilton  :wullie: