How to turn this club around?

Begbie

says the bloke who thinks staring into the 3rd division after 30 years of our best players and England players is the same as buying them ... and says he's a long term supporter  :lol:

Have you asked your ally the WUM yet if he will admit to saying that we would be better off letting Souness spend all that money to build his own team and replace the "cancer"

You set the standards when it comes to being boring, do you have to practice or does it come natural?

-18 places and £millions to prop up Cameron Hall and the Shepherd pension fund, care to comment?

Guest The Fox

I like to think along the lines of how many of our side would get in the top sides. Given possibly.

How many of the top sides players would get in ours, Most.

Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea have got it right managerially over the years, so its not unattainable. How have they managed to get  a succession of successful Managers. How come their sides turn in very few poor performances and yet we flounder. Its got to be down to the Managers, coaching and the players they buy. I suspect in the last two appointments theres not  a great deal of respect for the individuals appointed, though the players will say different.

As to the current situation , there appears to have been no planning for the season ahead, more a case of we go with what we have got , see how it pans out and then feign amazement when injuries and suspensions take their toll.

We then wait for the January transfer window in the hope it will be utilised better than the last. The problem is by then we could be too far adrift and there is a probability that any European revenue for next season is out of the window.

Cant prove it but I IMO if O'Neil had taken over we would not be in this position.

Shepherds appointment are just reactions to the situation.

Keegan attacking exhilarating Manager, Dalglish defensive and boring at Newcastle, Gullit potentially exciting, Robson steady the sinking ship, Souness disciplinary clampdown,

I said that ages ago, I'm pleased you are taking notice at last. Now you should take notice of the rest, instead of the rest of the outsiders that know nothing about the club, that are surrounding you. And don't tell me that isn't the case, because I have lived near where you do. And I still went to games too.

Roeder the players friend Mr Nice Guy.

None of these guys go on to do much if anything after Newcastle.

Roeder to me has surrounded himself with his friends on the coaching staff whether they are any good or not.

Robson did the same with Wadsworth.

I just think on the playing and coaching side, the club is second rate and the demise on the pitch compared to KK's era is alarming. Sure we can get a few cup results, anyone can but we were 2nd to yeras running, now we are more or less bottom.

Not saying  atakeover would guarantee success but I get the feeling it would involve bringing in some quality at Manage,Coaching and playing level, something we sadly lack.

Lets face it Roeder was an Academy Manager, not reserve team Manager or 1st Team coach, had a poor record at previous less than top class clubs, and he gets the job. I could not see that happening at any other major club.

Thats my view.

You are wrong. Liverpool appointed Roy Evans, where did he come from ? Chelsea appointed Vialli, where did he come from ?

Before Wenger, Arsenal appointed Bruce Rioch, what had he done anywhere ? And before Ferguson [even a long time ago] Manu appointed Wilf McGuiness [ex player and coach], Frank O'Farrell [from Torquay - you should know that] - then shock horror a "reactionary"appointment of Docherty the outgoing man as opposed to the quiet introvert O'Farrel, then back to the quiet coach Sexton as opposed to the extrovert Docherty, then Ron Atkinson, who I actually think was quite good and almost did the trick for them before he lost his way. You could even say they replaced the players friend Big ron with the hard disciplinarian Ferguson.

So, there you go. I can understand the younger element not really being aware of other clubs and thinking we are the only club that do these things, out of naivety, but not you, and other long term supporters - cough cough - like Mick.

No doubt you will ignore these facts as usual and go headlong into the usual whinging on, but you won't be the only one.

Fantastic e-mail sent into the main site:

Craig Robson writes in saying:

How can Roeder, with the players he has, get us into a safe and acceptable position come the transfer window?

>>> snipped <<<

We need a new left back - Wayne Bridge and Gareth Bale spring to mind.

A couple of centre backs - Sylvain Distin is a player I wouldn’t mind, but we need another established Premiership defender.

A new striker - Dave Nugent or Dean Ashton.

lots of good points there too. Overall, we are missing Shearer far more than a lot of people thought. Despite buying new forwards, we still need more because they are either not playing or aren't what we want or aren't good enough. That is obvious. We don't need defenders anything like we need forwards. Zoggy has been disappointing but a lad his age was always likely to fade but he will come back stronger and better, I only hope he isn't tempted to join his fellow Frenchman at Arsenal in the meantime, it would be natural for him to be tempted by such a thing.

Up front we need someone to make things happen, ie like Shearer did. We need someone who will put pressure on defenders, whether by strength, pace or both, we need to give them something to do and something to stop. We are still putting in crosses, and hitting the ball down the field but there is no one there to either muscle for the ball or get their first and enable the team to push out. We also need a box to box midfield man. Emre and Parker are not a good combination, as has been said before. While Parker obviously is a good player it is noticeable that we have played better on a few occasions without him. This is strange. Rossi was out of his depth physically yesterday, it isn't his fault, but he just was, so that formation against big defenders was a waste of time. I thought that Solano and Emre coming on may have brought in a more measured and thoughtful change in the way the team played and probably would have done but it was one of those days when everybody was poor. We need a forward and an attacking central midfield player in January, and quite simply, the club has to find the money from somewhere to do it.

I agree,what we need is variety in attack. Shearer gaves us something that only didier drogba and possibly crouch posess in this league now, physical presence and the abilty to finish.

If you look at our players up front we have some talent Rossi (very nippy and a good finisher), Martins (Pace and decent finishing), Ameobi (Aerial threat but not physical enough for me) and Sibierski (actualy quite decent at holding up the ball but not a great finisher on the ground) but not one of them give the same battering ram approach to shearer. We still play like Shearer is up front for us, constant long balls. If we are going to insist on this tactic then we need someone good enough in the front line to deploy it.

The other option is to pass the ball about and actually beat the oppo playing proper footie but to do this we need goals from centre midfield. Cahill or Nolan would do nicley but i doubt we could afford them.

I would love Drogba to be a Newcastle player, and would get Cahill and Nolan too if it was possible.

Maybe we could have got Drogba after playing Marseilles but Chelsea have killed off everybody bar Manu with these huge deals.

says the bloke who thinks staring into the 3rd division after 30 years of our best players and England players is the same as buying them ... and says he's a long term supporter  :lol:

Have you asked your ally the WUM yet if he will admit to saying that we would be better off letting Souness spend all that money to build his own team and replace the "cancer"

You set the standards when it comes to being boring, do you have to practice or does it come natural?

-18 places and £millions to prop up Cameron Hall and the Shepherd pension fund, care to comment?

Why did our best players and managers want to leave the club ie Cox, Lee, Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza during your golden era and now they don't - care to comment ?

I see you still don't answer the earlier question from begbie etc, its because you don't know isn't it

Why did our best players and managers want to leave the club ie Cox, Lee, Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza during your golden era and now they don't - care to comment ?

I see you still don't answer the earlier question from begbie etc, its because you don't know isn't it

Stop living in the past, we're 2nd bottom of the division and showing no signs of getting out of trouble while you just keep defending Shepherd.

Stop living in the past, we're 2nd bottom of the division and showing no signs of getting out of trouble while you just keep defending Shepherd.

stop being so deluded, a long term supporter like you shouldn't be so naive, and you should know the answer to my questions and begbie's too

stop being so deluded, a long term supporter like you shouldn't be so naive, and you should know the answer to my questions and begbie's too

-18 league places, -£millions going into keep Cameron Hall afloat and Shepherds pension fund swelling, defend that, I forgot, you've never defended Shepherd have you?

You mustn't have as you said that earlier today so it must be true.

Basically without putting up a 6 para humungous post...Simply put our team doesn't have a strong spine. The core of the side is too lightweight.

Look:

........................Moore/Taylor.................

.........................Parker(Headless midget)

.........................Oba (Headless midget)....

That SPINE WOULD COMPARE UNFAVOURABLY with any top 10 side if not more.

is this going to be another NE5 mega-thread?

it would appear that Mick is attempting to get to grips with copy and paste, but not the reply button.

As expected.

I could learn a thing or two from you about copy and paste, it's the only thing you know.

You could always try defending the league position and mega-loss if you want to stop me repeating it, if not then just bury your head back in the sand, content that you've got a chairman who can do no wrong in your eyes, hypocrite. 

This current situation wasn't created overnight, and won't be solved overnight.

The relationship between the Chairman and the Manager is a very important one in the running of a football club. Shepherd seems incapable of forming a good working relationship with his manager, and the situation is becoming worse. We have become a one man band. The Halls aren't interested in the day to day running of the club, and the local press are so far up the big man's arse, they've invisible. It's heartening that the mob are starting to stir, because there's no other opposition.

In the long term, I'm hoping for new ownership, and take it from there. That's the only way the spirit of the club can be revived. Shepherd has destroyed it.

On the more immediate position, we're missing Shola at the moment. He paid a big part in our revival at the end of last season, although lots of people are committed to a poor opinion of him, and won't give him proper credit. Nothing is sticking up front at the moment.

is this going to be another NE5 mega-thread?

it would appear that Mick is attempting to get to grips with copy and paste, but not the reply button.

As expected.

I could learn a thing or two from you about copy and paste, it's the only thing you know.

You could always try defending the league position and mega-loss if you want to stop me repeating it, if not then just bury your head back in the sand, content that you've got a chairman who can do no wrong in your eyes, hypocrite. 

I'm not defending the financial situation. I predicted it. Its your ally the WUM who supported Souness' spending spree and the sale of the "cancer" claiming we would be better off.

And I certainly don't think its quite the same as spending 30 years selling our best players and staring into the THIRD division. Only an imbecile would think that.

I think thats quite a simple one really, we pay overinflated basic wages.

That is NOT good management from a boardroom. Where is the incentive for players to bust a gut to (a) get in the first team and (b) give 100% every minute of every game.

Answer, there is none.

And because no other team will pay these wages we are stuck with said players for a 4-5 year period or have to sell them off at bargain prices to compensate for the wages.

Cant prove it but I IMO if O'Neil had taken over we would not be in this position.

Shepherds appointment are just reactions to the situation.

Keegan attacking exhilarating Manager, Dalglish defensive and boring at Newcastle, Gullit potentially exciting, Robson steady the sinking ship, Souness disciplinary clampdown, Roeder the players friend Mr Nice Guy.

None of these guys go on to do much if anything after Newcastle.

Roeder to me has surrounded himself with his friends on the coaching staff whether they are any good or not.

Robson did the same with Wadsworth.

I just think on the playing and coaching side, the club is second rate and the demise on the pitch compared to KK's era is alarming. Sure we can get a few cup results, anyone can but we were 2nd to yeras running, now we are more or less bottom.

Not saying  atakeover would guarantee success but I get the feeling it would involve bringing in some quality at Manage,Coaching and playing level, something we sadly lack.

Lets face it Roeder was an Academy Manager, not reserve team Manager or 1st Team coach, had a poor record at previous less than top class clubs, and he gets the job. I could not see that happening at any other major club.

Thats my view.

Someone else who read my post a couple of years ago......

Guest The Fox

What I said all along has just been proven with these two guys NE5 and HTL.

This idiot NE5 who believes anyone outside of Newcastle knows bugger all about the club.

Liverpool have had a long list of Managerial successes as have Arsenal and all he can quote is Roy Evans.

All the clubs I mentioned have won silverware in recent times.

HTL thinks your opinions are based on his postings from way back when.

As I said before you cannot have a proper debate with these two and I wont bother trying anymore, its  a waste of time and there are far more interesting things to do.

So waste your time with your windup  longwinded posts guys this fish aint biting.

This idiot NE5 who believes anyone outside of Newcastle knows bugger all about the club.

Liverpool have had a long list of Managerial successes as have Arsenal and all he can quote is Roy Evans.

As I said before you cannot have a proper debate with these two and I wont bother trying anymore, its  a waste of time and there are far more interesting things to do.

So waste your time with your windup  longwinded posts guys this fish aint biting.

Amusingly HTL's post two or so years ago was based on a post made by myself 2 weeks prior. Strange but true. ;)

No, I don't mean EVERYONE outside Newcastle know bugger all about the club. Just some people.

Thanks for repeating the stuff about reactionary managerial appointments that I posted ages ago, why don't you comment on this post. And why don't you tell us what your criteria for appointing manager is, as you say 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 3 manager of the year awards = certain failure ?

And John...I didn't just quote Roy Evans, I quoted many people. I suggest you read the post again, properly this time, and debate any points you think and can show are incorrect.

I wonder why they think anyone gives a toss what they supposedly posted way back whenever?

I wonder why you disappeared when your mate that you backed to spend millions, sell the "cancer" and leave the club better off, did the opposite, then came back when you hoped we would all have forgotten about it

I wonder why they think anyone gives a toss what they supposedly posted way back whenever?

I wonder why you disappeared when your mate that you backed to spend millions, sell the "cancer" and leave the club better off, did the opposite, then came back when you hoped we would all have forgotten about it

Your memory is, of course, faulty.

I "disappeared" at the time Fat Fred dissed the Hitzfeld campaign as a "betting scam". I'd called in a favour or two and put myself on the line to arrange a press interview with a national paper so that someone from the campaign could present our point of view. Then various lightweights got in a tizz about how it might upset Fat Fred and how I was some kind of traitor for helping the national press to knock our wonderful chairman. So I figured, what's the point? And ducked out for a while.

As the consequences of yet another disastrous Fat Fred appointment have now become clear, most forum members have, however, now seen the light – rather blinding at the moment, when you consider the overall cacked-up state of the club.

Which you can't see, of course, as keeping your head stuck well up your arse is naturally an impediment to vision. Still, at least you provide some light relief in these troubled times for forum members who need something to laugh at.

NE5 is turning?

http://howaythetoon1nufc.wordpress.com/

We are in the shit, and its hard to know the answer. Sacking the board may well bring about change - if they give it up but don’t hold your breath - but it won’t bring about immediate changes on the pitch and get some points on the board. Only 2 or 3 of the right sort of players for the right areas is going to do that.

Sheff Utd deserved their win. We are toothless up front, Rossi was easily held, not his fault he tried his best but the team lacks someone to make things happen, to force openings, who said we would be better off without Shearer ….

Zoggy’s Cross was the nearest we came to a goal, did he mean to go for goal when he hit the bar ?

Moore made me smile when he barged into Hulse, he can’t complain when he was booked for doing it again and neither can Hulse for taking his own revenge when he elbowed him.

If it is true that we agreed to play this game after playing on Thursday in Sicily for the TV fee, then whoever agreed to this wants shooting. These points could cost us badly, far more than a TV fee unless things pick up and fast. They should know this by now. It is amazing how Keegan came in and showed this club these things, how to be professional, how a winning team is the best finance of all, and it has all been forgotten.

As for the money and financial situation, this club has spent 37m quid in the last 2 years on forwards, since Souness came in. Think about it. THIRTY SEVEN MILLION QUID. 2 years ago we had Shearer and Bellamy up front. We have spent this money replacing them, and allowing for the fact that Owen is just about one of the best replacements for Shearer we could have got anywhere, that leaves 20m quid spent attempting to replace Bellamy. Is it beyond the realms of comprehension, that in view of the accounts published last week, that we could have still had Bellamy at the club, a top quality player, and not spent that 20m quid trying to replace him.

The person, or people responsible for THAT decision, must be taken to account and blamed for the downturn since, because since we appointed Souness, and chose to back him, this club has done nothing other than go downwards.

By Leazes Mag