How to turn this club around?

Begbie

How to turn the club around:

1) Get rid of the chairman. Replaced by either an investor, preferabley young with a vision or one of the boards directors. Even if it is one of Sheppards yes men, at least he/she would give the club renewed optimism and a sense of light at the end of the tunnel.

2) Sack the cronnies. McDerrmot and Clark at this club for sentimental reasons only, they should not be coaching first team affairs. I don't know what Pearson is doing here.

3) Demote Roeder. Put him back in charge of the academy and alow Clark to learn coaching skills under his wing.

4) Hire a director of football. Someone with vast experiance in the game, yet won't attempt to stifle the managers descions, yet will advise on money. Suggestions: Keegan or Robson.

5) Hire and new manager. Vital that whoever it is comes in with his own people and has an emphasis on short term and long term success, as well as squad size, youth and Fooking good defenders. A PROVEN WINNER, SOMEONE THE FANS WANT! Suggestions: Ranieri, Houllier or Hitzfeld *Drool*

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Agree were much with what you are saying here. Dunno about Keegan, would love for him to do great here again. But isnt he a bit loose on the money?  I would actually love Kenny Dalglish back here as a DoF. Think he could do a very good job for us. And is a great person too.

Would have suggested the ex argentinian coach as our new manager, only problem might be the language.

What makes you think Dalgleish would make a good DoF.  Knows nothing about current continental players, been out of the game for far too long but does have a very good golf handicap.

Just because he has been out of job a while, doesnt meen he know nothing of current players. He can be up to date for all we know. He seems like the kind of person who can do good deals, as I can remember he handle the media very fine.  He just looks like a person who can represent the club very well, and I bet he would spend his money wise.  But its my personall view, you might have another. But I like the idea of him in that role, and just think he would do a good job. Maybe similar like the one he did in blackburn ;)

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since the Blackburn days.  As I've said previously in other threads, Comolli joined Spurs with a dossier on every first team squad player of every club in Europe.  I would doubt whether Dalgleish would have a dossier of every club in Europe, let alone each of their first team squad players.  Spurs have shown in the past with Pleat what happens when someone not fully qualified is given the job.  If I was looking to appoint a DoF, I would be looking at Houllier, Allofs, Monchi or Van Geel.  They are the ones highly respected by both Arnesen and Comolli, which would be good enough recommendation for me.

1) Get rid of the chairman. Replaced by either an investor, preferabley young with a vision or one of the boards directors. Even if it is one of Sheppards yes men, at least he/she would give the club renewed optimism and a sense of light at the end of the tunnel.

2) Sack the cronnies. McDerrmot and Clark at this club for sentimental reasons only, they should not be coaching first team affairs. I don't know what Pearson is doing here.

3) Demote Roeder. Put him back in charge of the academy and alow Clark to learn coaching skills under his wing.

4) Hire a director of football. Someone with vast experiance in the game, yet won't attempt to stifle the managers descions, yet will advise on money. Suggestions: Keegan or Robson.

5) Hire and new manager. Vital that whoever it is comes in with his own people and has an emphasis on short term and long term success, as well as squad size, youth and Fooking good defenders. A PROVEN WINNER, SOMEONE THE FANS WANT! Suggestions: Ranieri, Houllier or Hitzfeld *Drool*

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Agree were much with what you are saying here. Dunno about Keegan, would love for him to do great here again. But isnt he a bit loose on the money?  I would actually love Kenny Dalglish back here as a DoF. Think he could do a very good job for us. And is a great person too.

Would have suggested the ex argentinian coach as our new manager, only problem might be the language.

What makes you think Dalgleish would make a good DoF.  Knows nothing about current continental players, been out of the game for far too long but does have a very good golf handicap.

Just because he has been out of job a while, doesnt meen he know nothing of current players. He can be up to date for all we know. He seems like the kind of person who can do good deals, as I can remember he handle the media very fine.  He just looks like a person who can represent the club very well, and I bet he would spend his money wise.  But its my personall view, you might have another. But I like the idea of him in that role, and just think he would do a good job. Maybe similar like the one he did in blackburn ;)

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since the Blackburn days.  As I've said previously in other threads, Comolli joined Spurs with a dossier on every first team squad player of every club in Europe.  I would doubt whether Dalgleish would have a dossier of every club in Europe, let alone each of their first team squad players.  Spurs have shown in the past with Pleat what happens when someone not fully qualified is given the job.  If I was looking to appoint a DoF, I would be looking at Houllier, Allofs, Monchi or Van Geel.  They are the ones highly respected by both Arnesen and Comolli, which would be good enough recommendation for me.

Not heard of these chaps, care to enlighten us...

Allofs at Werder Bremen, Monchi at Sevilla and Van Geel was at AZ then moved to Ajax.  Monchi and Van Geel were both interviewed by Spurs before appointing Comolli.

Allofs at Werder Bremen, Monchi at Sevilla and Van Geel was at AZ then moved to Ajax.  Monchi and Van Geel were both interviewed by Spurs before appointing Comolli.

I've had a bad case of the Monchis before too  bluebiggrin.gif

Perhaps you can't see the difference between spending to consolidate a position at the top and qualify for the CL for a second money-spinning season and spending in a panic two summers later when we've long pissed away that chance – now gone, it seems, for good.

pissed away by your man, the subject of your wallpaper, the one you said we should bankroll and let him piss it away, correct ?

bump.

For Fox to answer the question and to the WUM to admit he has not got the bottle to admit he was wrong, as this appears to be the theme of the day

The long term supporter Mick can also explain how standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one too .. :lol:

"The long term supporter Mick" never said that "standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one."  But it's fact in your head so it must be.

eeerrrr....you have said the old board is no different and no worse than the current board, correct ?

bump

bump.

For Fox to answer the question and to the WUM to admit he has not got the bottle to admit he was wrong, as this appears to be the theme of the day

The long term supporter Mick can also explain how standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one too .. :lol:

"The long term supporter Mick" never said that "standing on the brink of the 3rd division after 30 years of selling your best players, is better than the current one."  But it's fact in your head so it must be.

eeerrrr....you have said the old board is no different and no worse than the current board, correct ?

bump

I've said Shepherd is no betther than our old chairman, prove me wrong.

How many of them had us 17 places below where we were when they took over?

How many of them reported a £12 million loss for one season?

How many of them had us carrying something like £100 million of debt?

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

at least when we were on the brink of the 3rd division we weren't guilt of pissing away massive sums of money on shitrag players who have done absolutely nowt.

if you sell your best players and invest fuck all then you expect to go down.

if you spend hundreds of millions on "internationals" and give the likes of that Roastpest Dyer 60 grand a week then you should expect to be doing a bit better than sitting joint bottom of the premiership

bump.

bump

but....I don't see our current board bottom of the 2nd division.....but I don't see our board selling locally born England players who want to leave the club ..... you as a - cough cough - long term supporter should realise this too ... long term supporters like you - cough cough - should also know that the current position we are in was considered successful.....

So, why did Cox, Lee, Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza, Robson all want to leave the club...while Shearer didn't .... this is to astute for you isn't it, you are looking at the wrong books ....  :lol:

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

bump.

bump

but....I don't see our current board bottom of the 2nd division.....but I don't see our board selling locally born England players who want to leave the club ..... you as a - cough cough - long term supporter should realise this too ... long term supporters like you - cough cough - should also know that the current position we are in was considered successful.....

So, why did Cox, Lee, Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza, Robson all want to leave the club...while Shearer didn't .... this is to astute for you isn't it, you are looking at the wrong books .... :lol:

errmmmmm. how many decent locally born players have we brought through the ranks in the last ten years that are of a similar calibre to Beardsley, Waddle et al ?

We paid 15m for Shearer. He wasn't a product of our youth system that we could sell on for a profit. He had played at other clubs in his career before joining the toon.

bump.

bump

So, why did Cox, Lee, Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza, Robson all want to leave the club...while Shearer didn't .... this is to astute for you isn't it, you are looking at the wrong books ....  :lol:

Why bump something then avoiding questions that come in response?

You're a total hypocrite, amongst other things.

bump.

bump

bump

bump.

bump

bump

You call me a hypocrite  :lol: You have no answer to what i ask. Why did managers such as Gordon Lee and Arthur Cox move from Newcastle to Everton and Derby ... Why did local lads like Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza and Pop Robson want to leave Newcastle ?

Then ask why Shearer a local lad like those, and other players such as Rob Lee want to stay at Newcastle. Why do we sign players like Owen and Woodgate for Newcastle ? Why do players like Duff sign for us rather than Liverpool ...... you can't reply can you ?

You think the board we had that was in the position we are in at the moment and worse for the thick end of 25 years is the same as the one who have spent most of its time vastly higher ? You're an idiot, and you aren't a long term supporter because basically, nobody who was would utter such tripe.

You call me a hypocrite  Laughing You have no answer to what i ask. Why did managers such as Gordon Lee and Arthur Cox move from Newcastle to Everton and Derby ... Why did local lads like Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza and Pop Robson want to leave Newcastle ?

Then ask why Shearer a local lad like those, and other players such as Rob Lee want to stay at Newcastle. Why do we sign players like Owen and Woodgate for Newcastle ? Why do players like Duff sign for us rather than Liverpool ...... you can't reply can you ?

Better question, why do we care? Signing all of the galacticos in the world but not having any real success, and forcing the club to go into debt - thats what you wanted? Is that what you think the fans want?

You think the board we had that was in the position we are in at the moment and worse for the thick end of 25 years...

Again, WE DON'T CARE, will we win trophies by FS being better than Doug Ellis (even that is fairly subjective)? We should be comparing our board to the boards of the teams we are going to compete with. Despite Shepherd being able to "back his managers" with money, how much of that money has actually been spent by the managers? I believe we are fairly unique in the sense that we are the only club where half the signings have nowt to do with who the manager really wants.

You call me a hypocrite  Laughing You have no answer to what i ask. Why did managers such as Gordon Lee and Arthur Cox move from Newcastle to Everton and Derby ... Why did local lads like Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza and Pop Robson want to leave Newcastle ?

Better question, why do we care? Signing all of the galacticos in the world but not having any real success, and forcing the club to go into debt - thats what you wanted? Is that what you think the fans want?

You think the board we had that was in the position we are in at the moment and worse for the thick end of 25 years...

Again, WE DON'T CARE, will we win trophies by FS being better than Doug Ellis (even that is fairly subjective)? We should be comparing our board to the boards of the teams we are going to compete with. Despite Shepherd being able to "back his managers" with money, how much of that money has actually been spent by the managers? I believe we are fairly unique in the sense that we are the only club where half the signings have nowt to do with who the manager really wants.

Well, there's Real Madrid, who also did less well when the owner was handling the transfer policy.

errmmmmm. how many decent locally born players have we brought through the ranks in the last ten years that are of a similar calibre to Beardsley, Waddle et al ?

I'll answer that one for him.

Under Fat Fred, we have not produced one single homegrown player of any real note.