Realistic Expectations and Patience needed.

HawK

To the point, this isn't the early 90's. Football is not just a game any more, it is a business. Globalisation, scouting networks, money and more have completely changed the game.

Don't expect the miracles that Keegan provided, even if Shearer seems to shape up to being a good manager.

When the chips are down, we've still got to get behind our team and our manager, after Shearer there are no more potential Messiahs.

Let's do this.  :clap2:  :clap2:

Long term I agree, but........

For our remaining home games the crowd need to be expecting miracles and support the team in this vein.

Its kind of a positive feedback loop, the team and crowd will build each other up and the results will follow. We can't afford and 'wait and see approach' in SJP in the next few months

To the point, this isn't the early 90's. Football is not just a game any more, it is a business. Globalisation, scouting networks, money and more have completely changed the game.

Don't expect the miracles that Keegan provided, even if Shearer seems to shape up to being a good manager.

When the chips are down, we've still got to get behind our team and our manager, after Shearer there are no more potential Messiahs.

Don't make a sensible post today, let the baying crowd have their day in the sun.

Try again on Monday

Shearers not the messiah,

hes just a very Geordie boy.

i like that cp.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Phil K

If we stay up and consolidate next season, finish 11th or 12th or summat, then i'll be very happy. Such is the state of the club atm.

I'd go with that

But we NEED TO STAY UP we're still hanging onto the Premiership building by our fingernails and showing little sign of a turnaround in form or a resurgence of anything from the players

Guest toonlass

Shearer is the messiah, and I should know, I've followed a few!

Guest LucaAltieri

It's not really about players or building a squad as such. Of course a squad needs to be balanced and diverse but creating such a squad doesn't take a particularly long time. It just requires a bit of common sense.

What brings success is getting everything out of the players that you have.

When it comes down to it, it's always 11 men against 11. Pay packets, transfer fees, prestige... they all go out of the window. With the right motivation, some belief, the will to win, and a game plan then anything is possible.

Newcastle sitting in the relegation zone has little to do with the quality of the players. We have seen in the past that worse teams have done significantly better. Our plight is down to lacking the above qualities.

We don't need that much time to rebuild a squad. We need a couple of sensible additions and then we need some strong leadership in order to give us those qualities we are lacking. Is Shearer the man to do it? I reckon so but time will tell.

I'm sure a small minority would complain no matter what, but I think the reason so many people complain is because many of the serious problems Newcastle face are so easily remedied, yet are repeated every match. That will wear down patience pretty quick!

Guest Phil K

I'm sure a small minority would complain no matter what, but I think the reason so many people complain is because many of the serious problems Newcastle face are so easily remedied, yet are repeated every match. That will wear down patience pretty quick!

Very good point, and what essentially drives me up the wall as regards NUFC

Guest Phil K

We have been needing a ****** win for months now, and I don't see any urgency or desperation from most of the players that I see from all the fans

Its what angers me most, and TBH I think going by Shearers manner and tone in interviews, he's beginning to think that too