Did I hear "Open Training Session"?

Skirge

Harper, Coloccini, Geremi, Jonas, Owen, Shearer and ?

vs

Forster, Ryan Taylor, Nolan, Duff, Martins, Ameobi and ?

any guess as to which team is winning?!

Guest sicko2ndbest

12:24 [Comment From HTT]

If Shearer leaves at the end of the season, should we campaign for Ottmar Hitzfeld again? 

Guest sicko2ndbest

12.28: Some official business: Bassong DID train in the earlier, behind-closed-doors session. So that's good. And the stadium safety officers put today's attendance in the 7,500 bracket. Which is a lot more than my guess, although there are people behind that I can't see. And I lost count after 2,000 anyway.

Guest sicko2ndbest

12.31: Jonas has just sparked a mini riot by throwing his tracksuit bottoms into the crowd. Imagine what would happen if HE ACTUALLY SCORED A FLIPPING GOAL.

12.31: Jonas has just sparked a mini riot by throwing his tracksuit bottoms into the crowd. Imagine what would happen if HE ACTUALLY SCORED A FLIPPING GOAL.

Where's this coverage from?

Guest sicko2ndbest

12.36: Open training needs to be followed by open dialogue. With Shearer at the helm, Newcastle have possibilities, but that's all they are and staying up is just the first of them. If they succeed, there must be some hard bargaining and tough questions. Shearer is here for the long-term, no matter what he says in public. The hiring of Dowie and Paul Ferris are proof of that - why would Ferris be looking at the whole medical and sports science set-up, if it was for seven games only? - but it is not guaranteed. It all comes back to Mike Ashley; is he prepared to invest in the club in meaningful fashion? And can he be trusted to do it properly?

12.39: One small addition. Shearer finished the session in a huddle with Barton. Long coversation. Am I reading too much into that? Stoke on Saturday?

George Caulkin on the Times website

Where's this coverage from?

Jonas scored two goals in two minutes at the training session today.

12.39: One small addition. Shearer finished the session in a huddle with Barton. Long coversation.

Good news, that. Barton is a decent player but he needs someone to control him properly. It's encouraging that Shearer is showing signs of delving into man-management.

That was against Coloccini though.

That was against Coloccini though.

And Oba was in goal.

:lol:

12.39: One small addition. Shearer finished the session in a huddle with Barton. Long coversation.

Good news, that. Barton is a decent player but he needs someone to control him properly. It's encouraging that Shearer is showing signs of delving into man-management.

Tbf who could have been saying "fancy a curry and a beer a mine friday night"

I think it meant a huddle including Barton, not a Shearer-Barton man hug.

Tbf who could have been saying "fancy a curry and a beer a mine friday night"

probably more like,

"where has my watch gone you scouse bastard"

Guest sicko2ndbest

Goodbye gesture tbh ala Robert