Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

Nothing wrong with having a go at a player that cocks everything up.

Doesnt effect very much, its down to their own level of determination. If theyre good enough they'll suceed regardless.

People need to realise that supporting a player isnt going to miraculously turn them world class.

We need Colo dropped if only to stop you banging on in every single thread about the same issue.

He is a bit crap tho isnt he

Doesnt effect very much, its down to their own level of determination. If theyre good enough they'll suceed regardless.

People need to realise that supporting a player isnt going to miraculously turn them world class.

<b>We need Colo dropped if only to stop you banging on in every single thread about the same issue.</b>

No Coloccini needs to be dropped because he is consistently costing our team goals and ultimately matches no other reason.  :thup:

We need Colo dropped if only to stop you banging on in every single thread about the same issue.

He is a bit crap tho isnt he

What will you talk about on Saturday? You'll have to write a new script mate.

But it can turn a s***/average player, someone who's more sensitive to criticism or praise, into a better player. See: Parker, Scott and Bramble, Titus.

Dont think it has much to do with it tbh, if they have more ability than theyre showing it'll be down to how theyre being coached more than anything else.

You dont get to premiership level footie by being sensative to criticism.

Guest icemanblue

But it can turn a s***/average player, someone who's more sensitive to criticism or praise, into a better player. See: Parker, Scott and Bramble, Titus.

Dont think it has much to do with it tbh, if they have more ability than theyre showing it'll be down to how theyre being coached more than anything else.

And you know this how?

Guest Heneage

And you know this how?

Cos he's got Footy man you idiot!

I'm sorry but those are some of the most stupid things I have ever seen someone write. Despite what you may think even the best pros are still human beings, constantly bashing players, like we did with Bramble, will have a negative effect on them, do you really want to see these players play even worse because you pay your money and are entitled to boo players on to the field, ala Shola or burst a blood vessel when they make the odd mistake ala Taylor. Criticism is fine if it's constructive, but the players need to feel they are supported to perform their best not in constant fear of failure as some appear to be.

I'm not absolving the players from blame for our situation, they've clearly not done enough this season and are being paid hansomely for doing so. But as supporters we can do our part too by encouragment and making SJP a fortress itr once was. Perhaps we'll learn a thing or two from Stoke fans this weekend , who've made their home such a difficult place for visiting teams to play.

Guest icemanblue

And you know this how?

Cos he's got Footy man you idiot!

Hmm. Right-oh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shearer should pin this to the board. Team talk done!

Former Stoke City manager Lou Macari says he was at St James' Park on Saturday and described the Toon as "awful".

Lou Macari: "I was at Newcastle for Alan Shearer's big homecoming on Saturday and I have only one word to describe their performance - awful.

"That's not the word I really want to use, of course, but this is a family newspaper.

"I was particularly interested to see what effect Shearer would have on his struggling team ahead of their visit to Stoke this coming Saturday.

"Well, when it comes to spirit and effort, Stoke already have the contest won.

"Newcastle's only real hope of a result at Stoke, it seems to me, is getting those breaks any struggling team needs.

"After their 2-0 defeat by Chelsea, I heard a Newcastle fan on the radio saying there had been an improvement on what had gone before under Joe Kinear and then Chris Hughton.

"Well, if that's true, I can only say I'd want my money back on the previous 15 games at St James' Park - because they must have been truly shocking if that was an improvement.

"The alarming thing for me was the lack of fight in those Newcastle players - even with all the Shearer hype to spur them on.

"So as far as I could see, Alan Shearer made no difference whatsoever on the day."

Guest Heneage

Former Stoke City manager Lou Macari says he was at St James' Park on Saturday and described the Toon as "awful".

Lou Macari: "I was at Newcastle for Alan Shearer's big homecoming on Saturday and I have only one word to describe their performance - awful.

"That's not the word I really want to use, of course, but this is a family newspaper.

"I was particularly interested to see what effect Shearer would have on his struggling team ahead of their visit to Stoke this coming Saturday.

"Newcastle's only real hope of a result at Stoke, it seems to me, is getting those breaks any struggling team needs.

"After their 2-0 defeat by Chelsea, I heard a Newcastle fan on the radio saying there had been an improvement on what had gone before under Joe Kinear and then Chris Hughton.

"Well, if that's true, I can only say I'd want my money back on the previous 15 games at St James' Park - because they must have been truly shocking if that was an improvement.

"The alarming thing for me was the lack of fight in those Newcastle players - even with all the Shearer hype to spur them on.

"So as far as I could see, Alan Shearer made no difference whatsoever on the day."

What an absolute twat he sounds.

What an absolute twat he sounds.

There's only one answer to it and that's to ram those words back down his throat on Saturday evening.

Guest The Libertine

he's basing shearer's reign and our entire season on 1 match against chelsea and a fan on the radio  :iamatwat:

Yet more bollocks from a nobody. That Chelsea are shit, should be beating teams like that. :rolleyes:

Guest DannyStokie

Lou Lou Lou , Lou Lou Lou , Lou Macari's Army ;D

To be honest I think he was a bit over the top there though, I thought you looked all right, could you please play worse on saturday, thanks a lot ;D

He's clueless so I wouldn't be too interested in what he says.  I mean he admits to having not seen Newcastle's games leading up to that game and then announces that Shearer made no difference :idiot2: :lol:

Guest prestonj1989

Cheers for that, didn't have a clue where we'd be parking! Sounds like it's gonna be cracking day out anyway. :kinnear:

apparantly theres also stadium parking for a fiver.  But yeah, sounds like a right hoot.

Has anyone managed to book a ticket for the stadium car park? Says you have to buy it in advance but I cant get through on the phones to their ticket office.

Guest prestonj1989

the car parks are sold out I believe.

OK. Do you know how early you need to get to the harvester car park to guarantee a space?

Guest DannyStokie

probably an hour so before the game, but with it being a late kick off, who knows.

There is also the Power League car park, as long as you dont mouth off, there shouldnt be a problem.

Guest prestonj1989

probably an hour so before the game, but with it being a late kick off, who knows.

There is also the Power League car park, as long as you dont mouth off, there shouldnt be a problem.

I dont think I will be mouthing off  ;D. Will make sure I get there two hours before I think. The last thing I want is to not get a space after travelling from Norwich. Are these car parks secure? or are there many break ins?