Sir Alex & Allardyce have pop at Rafa

Thespence

Fergusson will be exposing every mistake Benites makes, after his little list of complaints he read out about fergie, he will not let up now. He totally pwns benites now.

Ferguson's mind games hardly worked last time.

Liverpool have closed the gap and thrashed Man U 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Liverpool went to shit (short-term, of course) when Benitez went on his little rant and Fergie didn't even have to say anything.

Fergusson will be exposing every mistake Benites makes, after his little list of complaints he read out about fergie, he will not let up now. He totally pwns benites now.

sit back and watch it unfold.

Guest Mcdonald36

Embarrassing that from Allardyce, and so obviously pre-mediated. From what I've seen it looks like Benitez is gesturing at something to do with the free kick, and fat head took offence over that? Or at least deliberately mis-interpreted it. Useless fecker.

Guest north shields lad

Apparently the spaniard asked the full backs to get somthing and try somthing they had worked on, on the training ground, they didnt and they scored. The gesture was as if to say what do i know. Sam didnt complain at the end, it looks like alex has suggested it to him.

I dont why Sir Alex had dropped down to the spaniards level, he will still win the league at  a canter without the daft mind games.

As for Sam, please take your shitty club down.

Guest mandakin

Liverpool fan here and I am not going to debate about the merits/demerits of Rafa as a person. So dont worry.

I just wish Rafa hadnt gotten into this trouble initially itself. In the eyes of the press, there is only one winner and you know who it is. If Liverpool win the league, the press will sweep this under the carpet. If Man U win the league, the british press will crow about it for a thousand years. They love to portray Ferguson as some kinda of machiavellian philosopher with the ability to affect the emotions of every person in the world with a carefully timed statement.

Look at Keegan: I am struggling to believe that a former european player of the year, a striker of the highest caliber who has faced emotions of the highest level at very very important games, taken not so nice banter from opposition supporters all over the world, scored important goals over and over again turned into a blubbering nervous wreck for a month based on Fergusons one statement. OF course he may have lost his cool for a moment on air. But I am sure after that he took a deep breath, went about coaching the same way he did before. However the press does not like to portray it that way does it.

Ferguson tried to enter into fights with Wenger in 1997 and 1998 and a couple of times with Mourinho but lost all of them. Nobody even mentions them.

The press equate his extremely impressive trophy cabinet as some sort of evidence that he's able to say what he wants, and that what he says is sensationally amazing wisdom.

Fwiw mandakin though, I think Benitez is pathetically arrogant himself. Then again, my opinion is hardly neutral.

Guest optimistic nit

Fucking hell, I hate football journalism. Complete non-story, yet we won't hear the end of it for another four weeks.

The sensationalism is pathetic, 'launched a scathing attack' for fucks sake?!

it is quite a big story compared to some others that are run tbh.

Can we please stop reffering to Fergusons spiteful moans as "mind games".

It was invented by the press when he whinged about Leeds not trying as hard against us as they would against Man U, when it looked like we might win the league.  An astonishingly pathetic utterance at the time.

KK replied loudly and embarrassingly which was a shame.

I wish we wouldnt mistake fergusons spite for cleverness. That was and still is an interpretation of the press.

Can we please stop reffering to Fergusons spiteful moans as "mind games".

It was invented by the press when he whinged about Leeds not trying as hard against us as they would against Man U, when it looked like we might win the league.  An astonishingly pathetic utterance at the time.

I wish we wouldnt mistake fergusons spite for cleverness. That was and still is an interpretation of the press.

But I'd say 'mind games' is a fairly accurate term. Yes they may start out as just whining on, and most are just that. But some let it get to them, and very much let it get into their mind.

sit back and watch it unfold.

Watch what unfold?  'Mind games' are an invention by the media to spice the game up, that's all.

Guest Mcdonald36

Have to laugh at Ferguson going on about contempt after his years of bullying players, managers and officials, most notably when he questioned the integrity of the Leeds players. That wasn't mind games, it was a disgrace and he should have been fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

I'd luv it 'pool beat them, luv it.

Guest Mcdonald36

One of the greatest reactions of all time that. I don't care if we lost the title. It was only the Man Utd's lackeys in the media, especially at Sky, who tried to turn Kev into a laughing stock. Every true football person was behind Kev and could understand why he did it.

One of the greatest reactions of all time that. I don't care if we lost the title. It was only the Man Utd's lackeys in the media, especially at Sky, who tried to turn Kev into a laughing stock. Every true football person was behind Kev and could understand why he did it.

Agree with everything but the bit in bold.