The Naively Positive Thread!

Beren

we need a centre-half, colo has cost us too many goals this season and Taylor is not particularly reliable or talented. i'd shift Cacapa, have Bassong as first choice and then whoever is in form and strikes up the best partnership with him out of taylor, colo and the new guy gets to play.

anyway, feels a bit pointless typing that out atm with our future in the balanace.

I'm happy with the first choice back 4 just need a few back up players, we have had Beye and Enrique injured this season with nobody not even a reserve player ready tp step up. Would have Kadar been an option if he didn't get injured I don't know.

The midfield is gash, for all of Guttierez' hard work and endevour there is not much end product but I think he is worth sticking with, everyone else bar Guthrie and Barton in midfield need to be shot.

I think we are going to need a lot of work upfront, Ameobi and Carroll are not good enough IMO, Viduka and Owen going we are left with Smith and Oba, I count Smith as a forward as I see him as cover, there are enough players we have to bring in as it is. Oba when fit is our best hope, I know he can be frustrating at times, he did miss a decent oppourtunity yesterday but I couldn't see anyone else getting in position to miss.

Guest neesy111

It's difficult to say. Central midfield and fullback areas are the priority but with Owen and Viduka definitely leaving, Martins potentially being sold and Smith and Ameobi not being anywhere near good enough, we need striking options too. Coloccini may be moved on so we need central defensive cover, and our wingers are dogshit really.

We're in the position where relegation or a shitload of cash are needed to turn around this mostly awful squad.

Staying up could well be putting off the inevitable...

although relegation will be dreadful for the club, there will be quite a few positives from it

It's difficult to say. Central midfield and fullback areas are the priority but with Owen and Viduka definitely leaving, Martins potentially being sold and Smith and Ameobi not being anywhere near good enough, we need striking options too. Coloccini may be moved on so we need central defensive cover, and our wingers are dogshit really.

We're in the position where relegation or a shitload of cash are needed to turn around this mostly awful squad.

Staying up could well be putting off the inevitable...

although relegation will be dreadful for the club, there will be quite a few positives from it

No there won't.

Wouldn't know where to start!

Left back, centre back, energetic 'african type' defensive midfielder, ball playing midfielder, left winger, target man.

For me it would have to be creativity in midfield, closely followed by a player capable of converting chances that fall his way. The defence will also need a look at, a replacement for Colo and some back up in the full back positions.

Am I the only one willing (if we stay up) to give Collocini more of a chance, I don't think he's been that bad. Sure he has made one or two errors, but he will learn surely!

Coloccini needs to take some time off (which he looks like doing for the rest of the season), get his confidence back, get his act together and come back next season with a decent team around him.

He's hardly been impressive this year but I can't see how we can just write him off. We can't afford to anyway.

Am I the only one willing (if we stay up) to give Collocini more of a chance, I don't think he's been that bad. Sure he has made one or two errors, but he will learn surely!

No your not

I still maintain our best back four are Beye, Colo, Bassong and Enrique. Colo has looked shaky and was righly dropped but he could easily return a stronger player for the experience.

I'm exactly the same, he is genuine quality when confident and playing in a half decent team. He's one of the last players we should be replacing in our current situation.

I'm exactly the same, he is genuine quality when confident and playing in a half decent team. He's one of the last players we should be replacing in our current situation.

For me it's been the blaring obvious nature of his mistakes that means he's been singled out. Bassong has made a fair few mistakes (usually hauling players down) but seems to be getting away with it. Just an observation.

In an ideal world (realistically speaking)...

Get rid of: Butt, Geremi, Barton, Duff, Viduka, Ameobi, Smith

Bring in:

1 RB

1 LB

1 RM

2 CM

1 LM

2 ST (not including Lovelyhands, but i do reckon we should keep him)

But with an £8m budget i think that's gonna be a bit tricky to achieve.