Southampton Relegated

SUPERTOON

I don't see the reasoning behind an either/or assessment of the 10 point penalty.  I would think it's logical to assess the penalty for the season in which the move into administration occured, irrespective of where the team finishes in the table.

In all seriousness, as we were on about this in the pub last night, if you look down the league tables, more and more clubs are now being deducted points when all they are trying to do is continue to exist. The situation completely shows how the elitisim and damage done since the beginning of the premiership to football in this country. These clubs are trying to hang onto their very existence, a situation caused by the powers that be, and then the same situation forces a deduction of points on them.

Madness. In 10 years time, unless money filters down [which isn't going to happen], any amount of teams will not exist anymore.

I also think it is the responsibility of the PFA and their chief Gordon Taylor to get his arse in gear and start to look at ways of persuading the higher earning players to accept more discipline in their earnings for the greater good of all their fellow PFA members which would help a great deal.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Southampton situation, but fundamentally they've not kept their house in order, that's why they're struggling to continue to exist.

Do you not think it's fair that if they take the piss, fuck up their finances and live beyond their means they should be punished for it?

but the bigger picture is that it is simply becoming near impossible for these clubs to continue. They need assistance, not points docked.

Why is it near impossible? The vast majority of clubs seem to manage.

Of course, more money should be filtered down through the football league generally but why should a club be given assistance if they've fucked up?

I mean assistance in the form of different allocation of money within the game. Or lots of them will simply go bust. It's inevitable.

I honestly think it's amazing that England has been able to sustain 5 tiers of professional clubs for so long.

I honestly don't think it's going to last that much longer.

Honestly?

I have an absolute fucking corker of a post here but I just can't bring myself to submit it. It would be horrendous hypocrisy, so I won't.

you write corker posts ?  ;D

I honestly think it's amazing that England has been able to sustain 5 tiers of professional clubs for so long.

I honestly don't think it's going to last that much longer.

Honestly?

NE5 is right (:)), these clubs will become increasingly unsustainable without more distribution of money from the top tier.

Eventually, Prem clubs will start wondering if it's worth pouring money into the lower leagues just to keep Accrington Stanley afloat, and the lower division clubs will be cut loose in favor of a "breakaway" first and second divisions.

Just these people who think we'll breeze back up to the Premier League need a serious talking to. The Championship is a horrile league. As well as it being full of teams which are more than capable of turning smaller premier league teams over on their own patch, a serious reduction in quality players and an increase in the good old long ball game it also holds serious financial implications.

The parachute payments and shrink in television money often can't cover the wage bill and expenses of teams dropping out the top flight. It really sorts the well clubs out from the also rans and we need to be running a tight ship should we go down to have a chance of coming straight back up.

Guest toonlass

What does Southampton have to do with us?

f*** all, so piss off spoiling threads.

ban tbh. thats abuse david.

Is calling for a ban not a banable offence?

You did it too, so all 3 of you are banned :razz:

is picking someone up who is calling for a ban not a bannable offence?

Guest toonlass

When did I call for a ban for someone?

Is calling for a ban not a banable offence? I RECKON YOU SHOULD BE BANNED, YOU TWAT.

.. err..

I could point it out for you, but then I'd be ban-able too.

Guest toonlass

Does this not already cover you, Oldtype? In that case it's now 4 bans. Anyone else want a ban while we are on? Come on, they won't last forever. Anymore for anymore?

Bah fuck it, I might as well. This thread's gone to shit anyway. :lol:

Let's play a little game. Guess who said this:

"I think it is dog-eat-dog, the big fight will be for the Premier League to take over the running of the other leagues.

"The others can't hold us back, the time will come, I think, when it is the Premier League running the whole show.

"Many of these other clubs will have to go part-time. When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division.

"There is no sympathy here."

Bah f*** it, I might as well. This thread's gone to s*** anyway. :lol:

"I think it is dog-eat-dog, the big fight will be for the Premier League to take over the running of the other leagues.

"The others can't hold us back, the time will come, I think, when it is the Premier League running the whole show.

"Many of these other clubs will have to go part-time. When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division.

BIG FREDDY!

what do i win?

Bah fuck it, I might as well. This thread's gone to shit anyway. :lol:

I know who said that  ;D

That was when we had ambition.......

Back to the subject... ;)

It's stupid that they can "wait to see what happens" before deciding when Southampton should lose the points. They should lose them next season, regardless. I thought that once it got to certain time in the season, that's what happened anyway?

Back to the subject... ;)

It's stupid that they can "wait to see what happens" before deciding when Southampton should lose the points. They should lose them next season, regardless. I thought that once it got to certain time in the season, that's what happened anyway?

Maybe change the rules so clubs only have two windows to do it, or make it 20 pts deduction if they choose to wait until the end of the season.