Another Open Letter to Mike Ashley

Big Geordie

Are we still accepting all of this is Keegan's fault though?  :sadnod:

Of course mate. Fancy leaving us with only 35 games left with which to save ourselves  :rolleyes:

It would be the same if he left us with 38 or 8 games to play. He knew the turmoil it would cause. SBR would have fought on and tried to get football played with what he had.

SBR would have done what was best for himself, like he always has done. Fair play to him for that though.

SBR bit his tongue and soldiered on when Kluivert, Butt and Carr were signed over his head and when Speed was sold behind his back.

He was also never interested in managing us when we were in strife before Keegan rescued the club out in the early 90's, never used to mention how he 'bled black & white' or wanted the job when he was coveted by top european clubs.

So what? He was in the thick of a highly successful international career!

So I was proving how he's always done what's suited him.

Howay man, I'm not claiming SBR to be the Geordie mother theresa! It's one thing to do what's best for yourself, and another to stick to a commitment you have made. When was SBR ever out of a job and turned us down? All those times he wouldn't come, he was tied down to a contract some place else, and was simply fulfilling his commitment.

If he really loved us as claimed he would have came when offered the job at Barca. Don't give me any of this he was under contract stuff, as it expired at the end of that season. If he'd have thought that they were going to shaft him and bring Van Gaal in he would have left there and then. He probably assumed that he could have got an extension on his contract. I love him but please don't tell me he hasn't always done what suited SBR first.

All IMO of course. ;)

I won't, as long as you don't make that Keegan did anything for us out of the goodness of his heart  :laugh2:

:sadnod:

Of course mate. Fancy leaving us with only 35 games left with which to save ourselves  :rolleyes:

It would be the same if he left us with 38 or 8 games to play. He knew the turmoil it would cause. SBR would have fought on and tried to get football played with what he had.

SBR would have done what was best for himself, like he always has done. Fair play to him for that though.

SBR bit his tongue and soldiered on when Kluivert, Butt and Carr were signed over his head and when Speed was sold behind his back.

He was also never interested in managing us when we were in strife before Keegan rescued the club out in the early 90's, never used to mention how he 'bled black & white' or wanted the job when he was coveted by top european clubs.

Howay man, I'm not claiming SBR to be the Geordie mother theresa! It's one thing to do what's best for yourself, and another to stick to a commitment you have made. When was SBR ever out of a job and turned us down? All those times he wouldn't come, he was tied down to a contract some place else, and was simply fulfilling his commitment.

If he really loved us as claimed he would have came when offered the job at Barca. Don't give me any of this he was under contract stuff, as it expired at the end of that season. If he'd have thought that they were going to shaft him and bring Van Gaal in he would have left there and then. He probably assumed that he could have got an extension on his contract. I love him but please don't tell me he hasn't always done what suited SBR first.

All IMO of course. ;)

I won't, as long as you don't make that Keegan did anything for us out of the goodness of his heart  :laugh2:

what's that mean then?

All IMO of course. ;)

what's that mean then?

That he of course done things what was best for him, which actually coincided with what was best for the club.

All IMO of course. ;)

what's that mean then?

That he of course done things what was best for him, which actually coincided with what was best for the club.

Yes, it was f***ing awesome for the club that Keegan threw a fit and left wasn't it. I suppose King Kev doing the brave thing and leaving is the only reason we're only probable to be relegated and not mathematically down already? :rolleyes:

There's two things that absolutely boil my piss every time. Cock-sucking Charles Insomnia, and turning Kevin Keegan into some kind of heroic matyr for leaving us in the ditch.

All IMO of course. ;)

what's that mean then?

Yes, it was f***ing awesome for the club that Keegan threw a fit and left wasn't it. I suppose King Kev doing the brave thing and leaving is the only reason we're only probable to be relegated and not mathematically down already? :rolleyes:

There's two things that absolutely boil my piss every time. Cock-sucking Charles Insomnia, and turning Kevin Keegan into some kind of heroic matyr for leaving us in the ditch.

So Keegan in 1992 walking out due to not getting the funds enabling him to sign Brian Kilcline wasn't a good thing for the club?

Ashley letting our (permanent) manager walk out over transfer policy disputes was an utter disaster, and it would have been whoever that manager was. However, with 35 Premier League games left, 105 points still to play for, and a transfer window allowing changes to a clearly inadequate squad upcoming, I find it laughable that people still continue to point the finger at Kevin Keegan.

The fact that 'the system' has now been almost completely disbanded with the club announcing they have no plans to appoint successors tells you everything you need to know.

Ashley letting our (permanent) manager walk out over transfer policy disputes was an utter disaster, and it would have been whoever that manager was. However, with 35 Premier League games left, 105 points still to play for, and a transfer window allowing changes to a clearly inadequate squad upcoming, I find it laughable that people still continue to point the finger at Kevin Keegan.

The fact that 'the system' has now been almost completely disbanded with the club announcing they have no plans to appoint successors tells you everything you need to know.

Spot on

How certain posters can't grasp this is beyond me.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

...AND IT GOT HIM NOTHING BUT THE SACK.

My guess is that KK wasn't completely blameless in the events leading up to him leaving, but to blame him for our predicament is pretty much laughable.

Ashley and his co-horts are to blame, made a right mess of everything.

The fans also have to shoulder some blame, as the reaction of the fanbase after KK's departure more or less made appointing a manager of any degree of competence an impossibility.

Guest neesy111

Keegan isn't blameless though but in no way totally to blame, as are the fans

that cockney mafia banner in the hull game was the stupidest thing i've ever seen from a set of football fans, talk about shooting ourselves in the foot

Guest neesy111

My guess is that KK wasn't completely blameless in the events leading up to him leaving, but to blame him for our predicament is pretty much laughable.

The fans also have to shoulder some blame, as the reaction of the fanbase after KK's departure more or less made appointing a manager of any degree of competence an impossibility.

good post, exactly the fans that think only keegan and shearer can manage this club are deluded, we are not that much of a special club, any good manager with good support financially will do well at this club, the problem is we've never given the right manager the right financial backing

good post, exactly the fans that think only keegan and shearer can manage this club are deluded, we are not that much of a special club, any good manager with good support financially will do well at this club, the problem is we've never given the right manager the right financial backing

Or we have not appointed the right man far too often.

What is completely beyond me is why people think you can only point the finger one way. Ashley may have loaded the gun, but Keegan pulled the trigger.

There is no way Kevin Keegan walks out of this with no blame whatsoever just because our owner is a complete fucking idiot.

It can't be just "you're either for Keegan or your for Ashley." That's NE5 thinking right there.

Guest toonlass

If Ashley had gone out in September and did what West Ham did, and get a decent manager in long term would we even be looking at relegation now? See how far up the table they are compared to us.

If Ashley wasn't a complete fucking idiot Keegan wouldn't have walked out in the first place. He chose to back the ill-fated system above the most important person at the club.

Simples.

And no, Keegan isn't blameless for this mess. But he can't be expected to work in conditions he's uncomfortable with. I only hold him accountable with my most selfish of heads on.

Guest toonlass

If Ashley wasn't a complete fucking idiot Keegan wouldn't have walked out in the first place. He chose to back the ill-fated system above the most important person at the club.

Simples.

Aye but Ashley is a complete fucking idiot, Keegan did walk and instead of appointing a new manager early days and letting them run the footballing side of things he fucked about and we have ended up in this mess.

...AND IT GOT HIM NOTHING BUT THE SACK.

Mate.....that avatar!!! :(

Please dude some of us are at work  :suicide:

Keegan could have not taken the job in the first place. I highly doubt he was offered it on false pretenses. i.e. "Kevin I'm giving you 30m in the summer, promise. And no Dennis isn't going to undermine you or anything, I just have him around because I like funny-looking cockney dwarves."

He could have walked during the summer the minute he knew he was getting undermined.

He could have walked after seeing out the season/his contract.

There's any number of things Kevin Keegan could have done other than working out at the worst time possible in the most acrimonious manner possible. We'll never know, but if it was SBR or Shearer in the same position, I'm convinced they would have acted differently.

But this is an old argument that we'll never agree on, so I'm willing to be smart and let it go.