Are we now the most hated club in England??

pedro111

Blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes - and pointing and shouting for England! Just what we have become used to for the last eighteen months.

Get him fitter and you will have a decent PL midfielder - but you aren't noted for your training ground expertise, are you?

Only one game for the pair of them, granted, but buying Davies from Wolves for £500k and knocking Nolan out to you for £4 mill looks like a shrewd bit of business to me.

We are Newcastle and we don't care about a few millions more or less.

You are Bolton and counting every penny.

Newcastle fan in assuming new midfielder will be better than Nicky Butt shocker. Turns out the Bolton fan was spot on, good for him.

I hate to say it but as Blefuscu implies, you seem to base your opinion of your fellow fans on the bilge Sky Sports News and the Sun produce.

I don't think it's arrogant at all, no. We pay a bloody fortune to these wasters, allowing them to believe putting in a complete non-performance against a newly promoted team is acceptable is a joke.

Their previous results were irrelevant once we took the field; they were crap and we were worse. Not because we didn't fundamentally have the quality, but because the selection was poor and the players didn't put the application or imagination in.

Let me ask you this, if we go down where do you expect us to finish? Expect, not hope. Do you expect us to dominate the league as the biggest and richest in it by an absolute mile, or will you be content with mid-table as long as you're not perceived to be delusional?

Expectancy and having standards i'm all with, should be hoping for Europe.  We don't have a divine right to be there though.  That's mainly the problem i think most fans around England see and dislike - in answer to the thread.

Your question, Iwould hope we come back straight away, but i won't be in the pre-match thread saying 'piece of piss 3-0' when they are only say 2 places below us. 

Blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes - and pointing and shouting for England! Just what we have become used to for the last eighteen months.

Get him fitter and you will have a decent PL midfielder - but you aren't noted for your training ground expertise, are you?

Only one game for the pair of them, granted, but buying Davies from Wolves for £500k and knocking Nolan out to you for £4 mill looks like a shrewd bit of business to me.

Newcastle fan in assuming new midfielder will be better than Nicky Butt shocker. Turns out the Bolton fan was spot on, good for him.

I hate to say it but as Blefuscu implies, you seem to base your opinion of your fellow fans on the bilge Sky Sports News and the Sun produce.

No, see that's quite arrogant to even suggest that.  I read the forum, just gave you guys quotes from 2 threads that personally read through at the time.

Now its all from Sky Sports news.  Greeeat.

No, see that's quite arrogant to even suggest that.  I read the forum, just gave you guys quotes from 2 threads that personally read through at the time.

were those quotes the majority view. look through any clubs forums and you'll see similar.

Guest toonlass

So you read 2 threads, and concluded the ALL Newcastle fans are delusion, nice one!  :doh:

were those quotes the majority view. look through any clubs forums and you'll see similar.

I wouldn't know about that, i am just offering an opinion as to why all of England think we are delusional.  The exact same way that we would call Spurs,Man City and the mackem lot

I wouldn't know about that, i am just offering an opinion as to why all of England think we are delusional.  The exact same way that we would call Spurs,Man City and the mackem lot

it follows then that every clubs fans are delusional.

So you read 2 threads, and concluded the ALL Newcastle fans are delusion, nice one!  :doh:

Jesus wept, i gave you two known very recent examples.  Did i say i have only read 2 threads?  Almost proved my point.  That post had no arrogance to it at all.

Were not hated, were just a big club with big problems looking like theyre going down.

You are so wrong.

Newcastle  fans are despised and hated and perceived as being arrogant, nationwide.

Have a butchers at ANY teams football forums and letters pages on the internet and you will see this. (Even the Chester City forum has a thread where their fans are taking the piss out of us!)

Agree with Blefescu about the media and rent-a-mongs  having a lot to do with this.

Wally McFool is spot on.  Those who dont think that we are universally hated really need to actually have a look at what is written about us on other message boards.  It goes far beyond just wanting a big club to go down.

Anti-Newcastle abuse. There's no other words for it.

Those people who guage the opinions of the general population by internet message boards are forgetting that specific demographics are most likely to be posting the messages, not the average demographic of the general population.

Lets examine the 'average' regular internet poster.

Age - 20 ish, possibly younger

Social life - irregular if it exists at all

Status - single

Education - ongoing

etc, you know the type/who you are.

In short, someone whose information about the club is not developed from personal experience of away trips (rarely anyway) but internet message boards and newspapers. A particular demographic has their spoon-fed opinion re-enforced by the postings of others in the same (rather obscure) demographic.

You can see where the problem lies?

What, you took 3 examples i have gave you and have managed to say all the majority of football supporters from each individual club are delusional.  I guess Southampton fans would say so.

Do you count yourself amongst the "delusional" Newcastle fans, or are you exempt?

:lol: i have expectations of where we should be.  I never believe a player would 'walk to the club' because sick of playing for a little shit club, they have been playing with all their lives.  If that's what you mean.

Wouldn't go around and say we are the 'worlds best fans' either.

What, you took 3 examples i have gave you and have managed to say all the majority of football supporters from each individual club are delusional.  I guess Southampton fans would say so.

no but you are saying the majority of newcastle fans are delusional. what i'll say is that a lot of fans from every club will twist anything into a positive for their club and most are very defensive and protective against anyone having a go and being critical.

i don't personally think newcastle fans are any better or worse than any other clubs.

I think we have to consider some of the reasons which might be behind the dislike of NUFC. This kind of thing isn't all schadenfreude or ressentiment, it is a thing with obvious causes.

First, take our chairman. A man who made his fortune selling crap to idiots by dubious merchandising methods. With this great fortune he became the figurehead for all that is rotten in our culture, a bloated moron who's only mission is to convert the world into a stage for his low-class drinking sessions.

Our manager (for the moment), the greatest player of his generation who took all his fame and influence and turned it to... absolutely nothing. A man who has the air of not giving a damn about anyone but himself or his golfing buddies. A man who converts our tax money from the licence fee into numbing platitudes and sits there on a sofa in his ever tightening trousers like he was given the god-given right to do so. I will refrain from dredging up the spectres of our previous managers / board membranes, merely eluding to the fact that they were, shall we say, dislikeable since 2004.

Our midfield, I am sadly compelled to remind everyone, consists of either thugs; despicable little shits like Barton, Nolan, Smith, or people who have pissed it away/gone to seed (delete as appropriate depending on your anger levels) like Duff and Butt.

The only good thing I can say about a Newcastle player is how I have loved Bassong's rise this season, via Lillian Thuram, From being 'maybe the new Gallas' to 'definitely the new Desailly'. I'd love to be able to say a bit more about foreign players like Enrique and Xisco have have the rather unusual quality of being interesting people as well as footballers, but the barely concealed racism we have about the 'lazy foreigner' means they don't raise their heads above the parapet.

One thing I will say for the Shepherd regime was that stuff like the 'Untied in Black and White' anti-racism campaign and the desire to have the club set a positive example was brilliant. We aren't Barcelona, but we should be: a club which is proud to stand up and say we're from the land of Bede and Cuthbert, Armstrong and Parsons, Iron and coal... hell, no one else is in a position to do so, certainly not the oversized Working Men's Club which passes for a football club in Sunderland.

Then you have 'the best fans in the world', the lunatics who surround me in the ground who howl like pained baboons as soon as someone – horror of horrors - makes a pass backwards or sidewards  to keep possession, who bay at anyone they suspect of not 'getting stuck in', which seems to be a general description for making bad tackles, conceding free kicks and abandoning any positional sense. Is it too much to have a support which is actually interested in football as a game?

We might as well get relegated, move the football to Kingston Park, and at 1500 on a Saturday at St James' we can have two keepers standing in their boxes playing mindless long balls to each other while there is a cock fight or some other act of petty violence on the centre of the pitch.

Without a shadow of a doubt, we are truely hated. We're thick, deluded, impatient fans, who only turned up recently (did you know we only had gates of 5,000 befroe KK arrived for the first time). We are not a big club, but we think we are. The fans deserve to go down.

That's basically it, can we do anything about it ? Can we do anything to improve our image ? Probably not, those opinions are formed they won't go away overnight.

We a laughing stock right now, and they are loving it. At least relegation should bring less focus upon us next season, and perhaps that'll mean other fans move on to the next object of hate. Spurs are lucky we are there because it could so easily have been them.

A few years ago we were everyone's second team, and we had the same 'deluded fans', an arrogant, rubbish owner and everything about the club was essentially the same. The only difference now is we are having a bad time on the pitch.

Football fans are fickle, if we were playing decent football nobody would be hating us. It's not worth worrying about, they'll soon forget when we're back a bit further up the league.

I think we have to consider some of the reasons which might be behind the dislike of NUFC. This kind of thing isn't all schadenfreude or ressentiment, it is a thing with obvious causes.

First, take our chairman. A man who made his fortune selling crap to idiots by dubious merchandising methods. With this great fortune he became the figurehead for all that is rotten in our culture, a bloated moron who's only mission is to convert the world into a stage for his low-class drinking sessions.

Our manager (for the moment), the greatest player of his generation who took all his fame and influence and turned it to... absolutely nothing. A man who has the air of not giving a damn about anyone but himself or his golfing buddies. A man who converts our tax money from the licence fee into numbing platitudes and sits there on a sofa in his ever tightening trousers like he was given the god-given right to do so. I will refrain from dredging up the spectres of our previous managers / board membranes, merely eluding to the fact that they were, shall we say, dislikeable since 2004.

Our midfield, I am sadly compelled to remind everyone, consists of either thugs; despicable little shits like Barton, Nolan, Smith, or people who have pissed it away/gone to seed (delete as appropriate depending on your anger levels) like Duff and Butt.

The only good thing I can say about a Newcastle player is how I have loved Bassong's rise this season, via Lillian Thuram, From being 'maybe the new Gallas' to 'definitely the new Desailly'. I'd love to be able to say a bit more about foreign players like Enrique and Xisco have have the rather unusual quality of being interesting people as well as footballers, but the barely concealed racism we have about the 'lazy foreigner' means they don't raise their heads above the parapet.

One thing I will say for the Shepherd regime was that stuff like the 'Untied in Black and White' anti-racism campaign and the desire to have the club set a positive example was brilliant. We aren't Barcelona, but we should be: a club which is proud to stand up and say we're from the land of Bede and Cuthbert, Armstrong and Parsons, Iron and coal... hell, no one else is in a position to do so, certainly not the oversized Working Men's Club which passes for a football club in Sunderland.

Then you have 'the best fans in the world', the lunatics who surround me in the ground who howl like pained baboons as soon as someone horror of horrors - makes a pass backwards or sidewards  to keep possession, who bay at anyone they suspect of not 'getting stuck in', which seems to be a general description for making bad tackles, conceding free kicks and abandoning any positional sense. Is it too much to have a support which is actually interested in football as a game?

We might as well get relegated, move the football to Kingston Park, and at 1500 on a Saturday at St James' we can have two keepers standing in their boxes playing mindless long balls to each other while there is a cock fight or some other act of petty violence on the centre of the pitch.

Harsh but it's got the ring of truth. I've seen some of our supposedly knowledgeable fans start baiting the team if they pass it sideways, when sometimes you have to do that to retain posession.

i don't personally think newcastle fans are any better or worse than any other clubs.

I completely agree, fans of every club who has tasted a bit of success want more of the same. It's only natural, it's not what we should be criticising - it's a situation every club should be striving to create.

Guest Wally_McFool

The only difference now is we are having a bad time on the pitch.

The main difference now is that every fooker has t'nternet and an opinion that they can easily publish. If you were hated 10 years ago as we seem to be now, you just never heard as much about it.

Guest north shields lad

I hate half of our fans. Mainly the ones who have latched on since 1992. No wonder the rest of the country have realised what a bunch of cretins are support has turned into.

I hate half of our fans. Mainly the ones who have latched on since 1992. No wonder the rest of the country have realised what a bunch of cretins are support has turned into.

I hate the other half of our fanbase that hates the ones who have latched on since 1992. Strikes me as being rather insular, narrow-minded and bigoted in outlook.

I don't care who they are, where they're from, and how long they've been supporting us for, as long as they support Newcastle United I dont care.

Right know we need all the SUPPORTERS we can get.

But if I was asked whether i thought NUFC were the most hated team in the country I'd say if weren't #1, then we'd be pretty damn close

The two main reasons people want to see us go down so bad is:

1. So we can finally realise that 'we're not a big club'

and

2. Because we're 'all deluded'. Every single last one of us.

Pedro's right- people really, really do hate us. Its like everyones a mackem now; they'd rather see us do bad than their team succeed.