Are we now the most hated club in England??

pedro111

Guest toonlass

After those idiots allowed SSN to issue them prewritten statements on Tuesday afternoon its little wonder the rest of the country want us to suffer. What a bunch of morons they were. Cringingly embarassing.

eh ? whats that about ?

Was forced to watch freeview thanks to the tyne tunnel workers killing virgin media. There was about 6 'newcastle fans' reading from scripts saying Newcastle will stay up because........

Reasons included 'we have Shearer' 'the messiah is back' 'We have the most potent strikeforce in the bottom half' etc

I heard that. My toes and milk curled.

Oh for f***s sake. Where do they find them?

blyth probably

Quiet you!

Guest Roger Kint

After those idiots allowed SSN to issue them prewritten statements on Tuesday afternoon its little wonder the rest of the country want us to suffer. What a bunch of morons they were. Cringingly embarassing.

eh ? whats that about ?

Was forced to watch freeview thanks to the tyne tunnel workers killing virgin media. There was about 6 'newcastle fans' reading from scripts saying Newcastle will stay up because........

Reasons included 'we have Shearer' 'the messiah is back' 'We have the most potent strikeforce in the bottom half' etc

I heard that. My toes and milk curled.

Oh for f***s sake. Where do they find them?

blyth probably

Quiet you!

The thing i was a bit dubious about was that they were in bright sunshine when talking on camera. Wasnt it raining quite heavily all Tuesday?

Guest Ebolarama

The paranoia on here is getting hilarious. Simply breathtaking. Think I'll avoid this place 'til we go down, it'll be more fun then.

Guest Howaythetoon

STOP READING MESSAGE BOARDS

I travel the length and breadth of the country every single week and in general we as fans, our city and our club are held in high esteem by people be they scousers or even smoggies which is where I was working yesterday. Of course you get some piss taking but take yesterday for example, the client was a Boro fan and he can't believe we're down there and like most genuine North East football people who I come across would love nothing better to see all clubs from the region doing better than your Southern, North West or Midlands clubs and I include myself in that view if I'm being totally honest. We are not hated and nor are we some kind of national laughing stock. Many fans regard an away day to Newcastle as the highlight of their away travels, us lot as fans as friendly people, the City as a canny place to visit and United an underachieving big club.

The typical internet message board "fan" that dominates fan forums are predominantly young fans bread on Sky, foreign and none local to their respective clubs, especially those clubs in the top 4.

Genuine REAL football people the length and breadth of the country don't have any issues with Newcastle from my experience and to be blunt, do people on here seriously think that the vast majority of the country spend their time laughing and sneering at Newcastle? Much like I when I look at/think about Villa or say Bolton, they couldn't give a fuck about our club.

Just as an example, The Daily Mail called us "Everyone's favourite laughing stock" on friday. The Daily Mail are basically cunts, the most dangerous newspaper in this country, supported Hitler in the 30s, has had a vendetta against the club due to Ashely but thinks it fit to take the piss out of the fans too, yet despite all that, people will read it and say 'everyone is laughing at you".

My experience, as with HTT, is a little different but the internet warriors lap up whatever toss is in the press and regurgitate it.

Guest Phil K

I don't get the sense that anyone hates us, they just see us as a joke now... and a bit of a soap opera. I haven't had any hatred from fans of other clubs, they just roll their eyes and mock us.

I'd go along with this, but seriously - some of the posts ranting against us, not just on other teams boards, but on the likes of football365 and the BBC are beyond belief. Genuine hate. And I'd bet if you could actually question them, you'd find their hate has no sane basis, but is either some inexplicable envy (why FFS ????) or originating from the rags.

I don't get the sense that anyone hates us, they just see us as a joke now... and a bit of a soap opera. I haven't had any hatred from fans of other clubs, they just roll their eyes and mock us.

I'd go along with this, but seriously - some of the posts ranting against us, not just on other teams boards, but on the likes of football365 and the BBC are beyond belief. Genuine hate. And I'd bet if you could actually question them, you'd find their hate has no sane basis, but is either some inexplicable envy (why FFS ????) or originating from the rags.

Aye but I always get the impression the  BBC and 365 Boards are populated by glory hunting 15 year olds (or 30 year olds with 15 year old minds) who have never been to any football match.

The only real gripe two of my friends [a Yeovil fan and a Hammer, respectively] have with Newcastle is that we subjected Shay Given to our team for so long. They just bleat on about his super performance against Liverpool, and how he still conceded 5 that day...

...other than that, we're just good for laughs to them. Very little serious animosity in my experience.

Incidentally, any hate we receive is probably worsened by the feathers we ruffled on our way up to the relative heights that we did reach under KK and SBR in recent history. It's only natural on our way back down, there'd be those who are happy to be rid of, what used to be, competition.

I can't understand why anyone would even contemplate going on the 606 messageboards.

The best username I've seen on there is "Bassong's Third Leg".

It's Ridzuan.

I love the way all fans of all football clubs have the same obssessions.

1. Everyone hates us - we never get the respect we deserve from other clubs. The entire country wants us to fall on our faces.

2. The tabloids hate us - some random article gets written up in a shitty tabloid they wouldn't give the time of day to when it comes to transfer rumours, but now it suits agendas, it gets taken as gospel.

3. Other clubs are jealous of us. The vast, vast majority of football supporters don't really give a second thought to other clubs. I look at, say, Everton, to see how close they are to us in the table, but I don't spend a great deal of time agonising over what they do, other than the extent to which it affects us.

4. The BBC hate us - OMG! We're on MOTD last again!!!! OMG!! Alan Fucking Green HATES us so much!!!

And the worst mistake of all is to take internet forums as some representative sample of football supporters. They aren't. They are the haven of the obssessive, the borderline OCD, and people with barely hidden Aspergers.

I reckon if i asked nearest 50 people sat near my seat at Villa Park what they thought of Newcastle's situation, at least 45 of them wouldn't give a shit, they would have no real opinion, other than maybe to raise an eyebrow.

To read internet forums, you'd think they're like a litmus test of the wider football world. They're not, get over it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toonlass

We used to be everyone's 2nd team. Now everyone hates us. Obviously I want us to stay up anyway but to stick two fingers up at alk the haters would make it all the sweeter.

Schoolboy error biting at that s**** Pedro.

Not biting mate Im actually laughing at that whole page! :lol:, it would be hilarious if we stayed up! just to see the look on their faces.

I imagine it would be either  this :kinnear: this  :dowie: or this :ben:

Guest Ironskull

Well I don't hate you. In fact I hope you stay up. As for the bile that comes your way, have you ever looked at and listened to the people it comes from? That says it all. Football is a game that could do without those sorts. My uncles on my mothers side were all coal miners and seafarers from the north east coast, salt of the earth the lot of them. Nothing to hate there, and NUFC was their team. It's a sporting contest - I hope you stay up but it's not because I dislike Hull and SFC, it's just the way it is. So, good luck!

I love the way all fans of all football clubs have the same obssessions.

1. Everyone hates us - we never get the respect we deserve from other clubs. The entire country wants us to fall on our faces.

2. The tabloids hate us - some random article gets written up in a shitty tabloid they wouldn't give the time of day to when it comes to transfer rumours, but now it suits agendas, it gets taken as gospel.

3. Other clubs are jealous of us. The vast, vast majority of football supporters don't really give a second thought to other clubs. I look at, say, Everton, to see how close they are to us in the table, but I don't spend a great deal of time agonising over what they do, other than the extent to which it affects us.

4. The BBC hate us - OMG! We're on MOTD last again!!!! OMG!! Alan Fucking Green HATES us so much!!!

And the worst mistake of all is to take internet forums as some representative sample of football supporters. They aren't. They are the haven of the obssessive, the borderline OCD, and people with barely hidden Aspergers.

I reckon if i asked nearest 50 people sat near my seat at Villa Park what they thought of Newcastle's situation, at least 45 of them wouldn't give a shit, they would have no real opinion, other than maybe to raise an eyebrow.

To read internet forums, you'd think they're like a litmus test of the wider football world. They're not, get over it.

:lol: Post of the year. Fucking brilliant.

Only sorry it's taken me this long to get round to reading it! :blush:

Guest defo

This whole wehateyoucosyouhateus thing is just a symptom of the internet.

Nobody likes playing away at SJP, every other club would be glad not to have to do it

Nobody likes to hear any other clubs fans talking about being "big" because it automatically brings about insecurities about your own club.

If another high profile club was in the same situation all the "hate" would be going their way.

Newcastle going down would add a bit of spice to people's boring lives, that's all at the end of the day - let's concentrate on the match(es) today