Are we now the most hated club in England??

pedro111

• 9 months later...
Guest sombrero

sorry to post this if it was posted elsewhere but i just cannot believe what i ran into at the championship manager website today!

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1047

Newcastle United

We’re loathed to put them up here because they haven't even bothered to appoint a manager this summer. Frankly there seems to be a rot at the club which half makes you wonder will they actually go down again.

However despite the off the field problems, they do still have some very talented footballers on the books. Joey Barton is far too talented for this league. As are Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Damian Duff, Geremi and Nicky Butt.

If you were to list the top 10 players in this league, Newcastle would own over half of them.

So, sadly for the neutral they’ll probably go straight back up, but they’ll need a manager first. Even if it's Dennis Wise or poor, poor Chris Hughton, who seems to be ageing at a rate of a year a day.

and it looks like we are the only team on that site that have such a review, and yet ironically they have us down for automatic promotion in second place... with boro in first!, grave errors about...

sorry to post this if it was posted elsewhere but i just cannot believe what i ran into at the championship manager website today!

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1047

Newcastle United

We’re loathed to put them up here because they haven't even bothered to appoint a manager this summer. Frankly there seems to be a rot at the club which half makes you wonder will they actually go down again.

However despite the off the field problems, they do still have some very talented footballers on the books. Joey Barton is far too talented for this league. As are Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Damian Duff, Geremi and Nicky Butt.

If you were to list the top 10 players in this league, Newcastle would own over half of them.

So, sadly for the neutral they’ll probably go straight back up, but they’ll need a manager first. Even if it's Dennis Wise or poor, poor Chris Hughton, who seems to be ageing at a rate of a year a day.

and it looks like we are the only team on that site that have such a review, and yet ironically they have us down for automatic promotion in second place... with boro in first!, grave errors about...

their game sucks anyway

I love the way all fans of all football clubs have the same obssessions.

1. Everyone hates us - we never get the respect we deserve from other clubs. The entire country wants us to fall on our faces.

2. The tabloids hate us - some random article gets written up in a shitty tabloid they wouldn't give the time of day to when it comes to transfer rumours, but now it suits agendas, it gets taken as gospel.

3. Other clubs are jealous of us. The vast, vast majority of football supporters don't really give a second thought to other clubs. I look at, say, Everton, to see how close they are to us in the table, but I don't spend a great deal of time agonising over what they do, other than the extent to which it affects us.

4. The BBC hate us - OMG! We're on MOTD last again!!!! OMG!! Alan Fucking Green HATES us so much!!!

And the worst mistake of all is to take internet forums as some representative sample of football supporters. They aren't. They are the haven of the obssessive, the borderline OCD, and people with barely hidden Aspergers.

I reckon if i asked nearest 50 people sat near my seat at Villa Park what they thought of Newcastle's situation, at least 45 of them wouldn't give a shit, they would have no real opinion, other than maybe to raise an eyebrow.

To read internet forums, you'd think they're like a litmus test of the wider football world. They're not, get over it.

I'd agree only partly. Outside of local rivalries, we're not really 'hated'. But there is some enjoyment to be had at seeing a big club, or one with high expectations, fall on its face. It's just part of human nature. The Germans, with 'schadenfreude' are the only ones who seem to have a word for it.

We're not the only ones. If they're honest, the majority of fans would like to see Leeds continue to struggle, or Liverpool slip out of the Champions League.

Alan Green hates everyone. He hates football in general... he hates life.

and i hate him as i've frequently pointed out in the pet hates thread.

Oh, me too, can't stand the bloke. I don't understand why he's still involved in football if he finds all the players so terrible and the game so irritating.

I think we'll get some good PR when we first get promoted. Stuff like, "It'll be good to see Newcastle back in the Premier League", and then for the first few games we'll get Sky coming up with, "Newcastle are far too big a club to have not been here", before reverting to type in October time.

Guest cla1dwa

there are fairly obvious reasons why we're hated, or at least, why we were.

1. big club in the shit. would you laugh if liverpool finished 6th? were you chuckling when leeds went down, and holding your sides when they went down again? if so, why is the opposite not true? we're a very big side to have hit the skids. west brom? who gives a fuck? middlesbrough? small town shite. newcastle? champions league to the drop in a few years. that's a story.

2. we've appointed absolute bastards to run the club. dennis wise? a complete cunt. shepherd? an arsehole. souness? hated, and a managerial failure. ashley? a laughing stock. allardyce? no-one likes him. kinnear? let's be honest, you'd be laughing as well if it was anyone else.

3. the players. a combination between outright thugs that you'd have to reckon a lot of people would actually want to die, (bowyer, barton), money grabbing arseholes who represent all that is wrong with the modern game, (dyer, jenas), or ludicrously over-priced shit that hallmarks a club who spend like idiots, (bramble, viana). are you surprised when a club that's worked hard to get to where they are laugh at us when we spunk their entire year's transfer budget on jean-alain boumsong and he turns out to be completely fucking shit?

4. the way we treated bobby robson. time for him to go? i thought so, but stick him upstairs and let him be the elder statesman figure. don't fucking sack him. that's a PR stunt on the same scale as cheryl cole deciding to ditch ashley for ian huntley. he was arguably the most popular man in the british game and we shat on his fucking head. none of the current administration even turn up to the 1990 testimonial game, which was in effect a prolonged service of rememberance to the bloke when he wasn't even dead. the day SBR was triggered was the day tens of thousands decided to hate us.

5. the fans. well, some of them at least. gurning, toothless, newcastle tops on non-match days crying about king kev, big al, and spouting the most ludicrous propaganda that it makes kim jong il sound like tony benn. some stupid bastard said we were the third biggest club in the world at one point, and i have personally never been allowed to forget that particular whopper by my non-nufc friends. you wince through every sky sports report, every 'bring back kk' jobless idiot with last season's top on. 'oh look, the camera's cut to some fat fuck with the crest forever etched on his fat fucking gut!' you're not a fan, you're one step below portsmouth's 'cunt with the bell.' some might say that that's sky focussing on the negatives. that won't wash with me, because the fucker shouldn't be there in the first place.

Guest BooBoo

Good old rant there.

To be fair to him, the guy at Pompey with the bell goes to every game. He came in Rosies once after they spanked us 4-1, not a bad bloke tbh.

1. big club in the shit. would you laugh if liverpool finished 6th? were you chuckling when leeds went down, and holding your sides when they went down again? if so, why is the opposite not true? we're a very big side to have hit the skids. west brom? who gives a fuck? middlesbrough? small town shite. newcastle? champions league to the drop in a few years. that's a story.

2. we've appointed absolute bastards to run the club. dennis wise? a complete cunt. shepherd? an arsehole. souness? hated, and a managerial failure. ashley? a laughing stock. allardyce? no-one likes him. kinnear? let's be honest, you'd be laughing as well if it was anyone else.

3. the players. a combination between outright thugs that you'd have to reckon a lot of people would actually want to die, (bowyer, barton), money grabbing arseholes who represent all that is wrong with the modern game, (dyer, jenas), or ludicrously over-priced shit that hallmarks a club who spend like idiots, (bramble, viana). are you surprised when a club that's worked hard to get to where they are laugh at us when we spunk their entire year's transfer budget on jean-alain boumsong and he turns out to be completely fucking shit?

4. the way we treated bobby robson. time for him to go? i thought so, but stick him upstairs and let him be the elder statesman figure. don't fucking sack him. that's a PR stunt on the same scale as cheryl cole deciding to ditch ashley for ian huntley. he was arguably the most popular man in the british game and we shat on his fucking head. none of the current administration even turn up to the 1990 testimonial game, which was in effect a prolonged service of rememberance to the bloke when he wasn't even dead. the day SBR was triggered was the day tens of thousands decided to hate us.

5. the fans. well, some of them at least. gurning, toothless, newcastle tops on non-match days crying about king kev, big al, and spouting the most ludicrous propaganda that it makes kim jong il sound like tony benn. some stupid bastard said we were the third biggest club in the world at one point, and i have personally never been allowed to forget that particular whopper by my non-nufc friends. you wince through every sky sports report, every 'bring back kk' jobless idiot with last season's top on. 'oh look, the camera's cut to some fat fuck with the crest forever etched on his fat fucking gut!' you're not a fan, you're one step below portsmouth's 'cunt with the bell.' some might say that that's sky focussing on the negatives. that won't wash with me, because the fucker shouldn't be there in the first place.

has someone annoyed you today?

Guest Howaythetoon

I used to think at one point we MUST be the most hated club in the country due to all the bad press, internet related crap and so on but forgetting all that, talking to people on my travels, I would say we are far more liked as both people and as a football club than hated. However in the main the vast majority just couldn't give a fuck and this is the attitude we need to adopt. There is an element of our support that is ultra sensitive, precious and too stuck up about certain thing like big club issues etc. I now couldn't care less what someone thinks of me or my club, all I care about as the song goes is... NUFC!

Guest cla1dwa

no. in fairness, i'm glad we've (sort of) turned the 'corner of hatred.' it's one thing to be hated and fantastic, but everyone hated us and we were fucking garbage.

another thing i forgot was alan shearer. i love the man, we'd have gone down a long time ago were it not for him. but i am open-minded enough to see why he wasn't mr popular with a lot of other clubs.

Guest cla1dwa

HTT, my old sparring partner! could it be!

yes, it is me, well over five years have gone since the halcyon days of .nu and the following sites, but i still don't use the shift key.

no. in fairness, i'm glad we've (sort of) turned the 'corner of hatred.' it's one thing to be hated and fantastic, but everyone hated us and we were fucking garbage.

another thing i forgot was alan shearer. i love the man, we'd have gone down a long time ago were it not for him. but i am open-minded enough to see why he wasn't mr popular with a lot of other clubs.

actually i agree with most of what you said.

i think a lot of the dislike directed at us is cos we show a lot of clubsfans up on the crowd size front and football fans are very competative on this factor.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT, my old sparring partner! could it be!

yes, it is me, well over five years have gone since the halcyon days of .nu and the following sites, but i still don't use the shift key.

I hope you stick around a bit, I remember some good debates which involved you, always an interesting poster. How is life treating you? Good I hope.

Guest cla1dwa
actually i agree with most of what you said.

i think a lot of the dislike directed at us is cos we show a lot of clubsfans up on the crowd size front and football fans are very competative on this factor.

maybe. it's not often i get abusive and drunk at the same time, but i did once in the company of some close friends, both of whom are aston villa fans. i don't mind villa, martin o'neill's a good bloke and so on. i've been to villa park, was there when we went down, villa fans chanting for shearer, some bloke patting me on the back when villa scored who'd obviously clocked me as a newcastle fan after about three fucking seconds (i was in the home end) and saying 'don't worry son, it'll be alright.'

anyway, we were talking (progressing to arguing) about football, and after one too many never won fuck all jibes i snapped. my retort went something like this:

'there's nothing i can do about what we've won. but at least i fucking go the game. i mean, at least i support my team. you sit there 'supporting' someone and what do you do? fuck all! look at your fucking stadium. full for man utd. FUCK ALL for bolton on a sunday. what's happened there???' (at this point he tried to make some excuse about crowd control). 'FUCK OFF. your fans are SHIT.' (he then tries to mention the late 80's, and that's when i left.)

went to that lad's wedding on saturday. true story as well. he's a good bloke. but he still hardly goes.

Just catching up on my reading. Thanks for making this post, man. It's brightened up my whole week. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest GAMMELL

:lol: :lol: :lol: