NUFC Tea Lady Comments on Situation

Guest neesy111

“I know I’d get into trouble, but I might go into the dressing room before a game with my picture of Jackie Milburn holding his medals.

“I’d say to the players ‘Get your fingers out, look what he won for £20 a week.’

Barton would just nut her :lol:

before she'd even had a chance to speak  :sadnod:

“Graeme Souness was brilliant to me. He came to my house when I had a heart attack and stayed for 2½ hours.

Souness, brilliant?

I'm not saying you're blinkered when it comes to Souness, but it is possible that he's actually quite a decent chap on a one-to-one basis.

He probably is. Didn't he spend a couple of nights at N'Zogbia's house to help him out when his dad passed away or something like that?

Think he did aye. Also remember him once when we beat Blackburn away 3-0 and he stayed behind to do something for this disabled child.

You see?! Souness was probably the real deal after all. Always thought he looked a bit like Jesus. Spooky. :kasper:

I did read that he was an Israelite like.

Remember that press conference in Arab Israel where he talked about the 'dew/jew on the grass at Wembley'? One of his better moments bluelaugh.gif

Graeme Souness was brilliant to me. He came to my house when I had a heart attack and stayed for 2½ hours.

Souness, brilliant?

I'm not saying you're blinkered when it comes to Souness, but it is possible that he's actually quite a decent chap on a one-to-one basis.

Used to work at a hotel in Orlando, FL - worked in the front desk. Met him 2x, spoke to him both times about the club, the first when he started and the 2nd after he was sacked. He was one of the most genuine, and nice men I've spoken to who would be considered a "celebrity" - helped him with reservations and setting up a plan for his family for the week he stayed.  I immediatly recognized hiim and told him he was one of my uncle's favorite players when he grew up in Liverpool - He asked me who I supported, I smiled, said "Newcastle" - his face literally turned white and he dropped his head a bit. He spoke to me about how Fat Fred was not a good chairman or football man, Shearer was a legend, and Mickey Owen was a huge coup but wishes he would have stayed fit as our fortunes would have been better. He had no regrets and said he did what he could, but ultimately could not be a success.  Did say we demand so much, pressure is overwhelming.

“I know I’d get into trouble, but I might go into the dressing room before a game with my picture of Jackie Milburn holding his medals.

“I’d say to the players ‘Get your fingers out, look what he won for £20 a week.’

:lol:

Graeme Souness was brilliant to me. He came to my house when I had a heart attack and stayed for 2½ hours.

Souness, brilliant?

Used to work at a hotel in Orlando, FL - worked in the front desk. Met him 2x, spoke to him both times about the club, the first when he started and the 2nd after he was sacked. He was one of the most genuine, and nice men I've spoken to who would be considered a "celebrity" - helped him with reservations and setting up a plan for his family for the week he stayed.  I immediatly recognized hiim and told him he was one of my uncle's favorite players when he grew up in Liverpool - He asked me who I supported, I smiled, said "Newcastle" - his face literally turned white and he dropped his head a bit. He spoke to me about how Fat Fred was not a good chairman or football man, Shearer was a legend, and Mickey Owen was a huge coup but wishes he would have stayed fit as our fortunes would have been better. He had no regrets and said he did what he could, but ultimately could not be a success.  Did say we demand so much, pressure is overwhelming.

In fairness, this is an aspect of Souness's character that I've heard of before. At Rangers, he treated what you might call the more minor employees with great respect and courtesy. It's something he made a point of doing.

Official NUFC Statement: May 1

NUFC wished, at all times, to keep any dispute that it had with Kath Cassidy private.

It is therefore disappointing that information has reached the media through unnamed sources and a briefing has been given by Kath that could give rise to a misleading impression amongst the Club's fans.

Newcastle United have no desire to engage in a war of words but inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations have to be corrected.

It is a fact that Kath Cassidy, on appointment on 16th January 1968, agreed to report to a Director of Catering Operations and to the Board.

It is a fact that Kath Cassidy worked within that structure from 16th January 1968 until her resignation.

It is a fact that Kath Cassidy, as tea lady, had specific duties in that she was responsible for the tea, coffee and the selection of the biscuits.

It is a fact that Kath Cassidy was allowed to manage her specific duties without any interference from any Board member(not like when the fat bastard was here, he was forever in the biscuit tin)

It is a fact that Kath Cassidy agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Tea Room and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players or management staff, including Dennis Wise.

It is a fact that NUFC is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints.

It is a fact that NUFC's financial constraints inform its catering budget.

The Board of NUFC have responsibility to ensure that the club is able to meet its commitments which include the wages and the transfer fees for players.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 1968.