Keith Barret - 3yr Ban/£1500 fine.

Crumpy Gunt

What that demonstration at the Hull game proves (I think it was instrumental in our defeat - although some disagree) bearing in mind the precarious league table is that any form of protest should be kept well away from matchdays.

If Hull hadn't beaten us that day we'd be safe now, if we do end up going down they have a lot to answer for.

Thank f*** we only had 37 more games to better that eh?

But they weren't against Hull (the club we're now level with on points) at home. Eh?

Guest toonlass

The banner being blamed for the loss against Hull is laughable. We have shown repeatedly this season that on the field our team have been piss poor. The fact that Keith Barrett had a banner paraded around the ground had bugger all to do with the result of the game. Our players have to take responsibility for the games we have underperformed at this season.

What that demonstration at the Hull game proves (I think it was instrumental in our defeat - although some disagree) bearing in mind the precarious league table is that any form of protest should be kept well away from matchdays.

If Hull hadn't beaten us that day we'd be safe now, if we do end up going down they have a lot to answer for.

Thank f*** we only had 37 more games to better that eh?

But they weren't against Hull (the club we're now level with on points) at home. Eh?

We're above Hull now though.  If we finish below them now we deserve to go down tbh.

He shouldn't have thrown any punches but the ban seems harsh. I've been on a few european trips he's organised and he was a top bloke. When the Barca game was delayed due to the weather he worked his bollocks off to get the flight re-scheduled and also re-organised the buses after the game. He managed to do both whilst other trips floundered. It was a top job did when all he wanted to do was have a few beers and enjoy himself.

everything else aside he's bound by the same rules as anyone else, regardless who he is - he threw punches in the match and deserves punishment

having met him, and having met a lot of the stone island radge brigade it's a shame for the guy 'cause that's not what he's about obviously...presumably a moment of madness borne of frustration

The bloke who he punched, wrote a letter to the court asking for him not to be banned btw. Feel sorry for him, it's hardly like he can even try and sneak in like most people could.

The bloke who he punched, wrote a letter to the court asking for him not to be banned btw. Feel sorry for him, it's hardly like he can even try and sneak in like most people could.

dude, any chance you could stop posting?  forever

each time i look at your avatar a little piece of me dies  :harry:

I can't believe that professionals can be affected by banners and protests. We lost that day simply because the team wasn't good enough. What was our excuse for losing to the likes of Blackburn and the Mackems?

I can't believe that professionals can be affected by banners and protests. We lost that day simply because the team wasn't good enough. What was our excuse for losing to the likes of Blackburn and the Mackems?

banner flashbacks

like nam, but worse, keiths in 'em

Professionals are indeed professionals, but they're also human and the vile atmosphere that day would have a negative effect in just the same way as Wednesday night's superb atmosphere had a positive one.

I seem to remember Phil Brown saying something along the lines of "we couldn't have picked a better time to play them with all that was going on off the pitch".

Anyway my point is that protests should be kept away from the stadium on match days. It doesn't help anyone.

each time i look at your avatar a little piece of me dies   :harry:

You do realise it's not me in the avatar ?

yeah i know who it is, still, weirds me out me out man :lol:

yeah i know who it is, still, weirds me out me out man :lol:

I concur, it's scary. I'm all like "Not him, noooooo!" for 5 seconds each time I see your avatar before I realize it's you.