Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

Guest Gemmill

Aye, and you leave you to spout fucking drivel.  Looking forward to the significant long term improvement. :lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

Drivel?

Mass protests and boycotts until the owner sells the club... is that not a cause of instability, like?

You can insult me all you want. Add as many smilies as you want. It still doesn't provide any substance to your argument.

But what's done is done... let's see what he can do from here on.

Jesus, we're going down.  Never mind, what's done is done.  There there Mike, you've made a couple of booboos, but no point crying over spilt milk.  Undoubtedly the players take some of the blame for this - they've been a f***ing disgrace for the most part, but Mike Ashley has got every big decision since he came to this club wrong, and we will be playing in the Championship next year as a direct result of his mistakes.  You'll have to forgive me and others if we're not quite as prepared as you are to just shrug them off.

As I've said, he's made mistakes but they're at the very top level. He's also got a lot of things right with his overall approach. If he keeps the same approach but implements it better we will see significant long-term improvement.

What happens on the pitch is not solely down to Ashley. Our current plight is down to several factors:

1) Ashley

2) The board

3) Kevin Keegan

4) Joe Kinnear

5) The players

6) The fans (specifically the protesters)

All have played their parts in equal measure.

There's no telling what would happen if Ashley was to sell up. In my opinion it's better the devil you know... particularly if he is showing signs of improving.

I was wondering what the signs of improving where? If you can see any signs of improvement in this shambles then I would love to be enlightened as to what. :kasper:

For me he has got every major decision wrong and in any business or any job that I know of, he would have been out on his arse for making such monumental mistakes.

If he remanins, which in all probability is what is gonna happen. The next desicions he has to make will affect our club for years to come.

Appointing the right manager to get us pushing for promotion, releasing the funds to allow us to sign the right players to enable that, recognising the bridges needing built with us, the fans, the lifes blood of the club...I cannot beleive anyone relishes him making these desicions, when his track record is absolutley appalling. :weep:

Guest Gemmill

The substance of my argument resides in the fact that we're about to be relegated primarily because of the decisions of Mike Ashley.  Whilst we're on the subject of arguments without substance though, what about the one that says we're about to see some significant long term improvement.

Guest LucaAltieri

The substance of my argument resides in the fact that we're about to be relegated primarily because of the decisions of Mike Ashley.

By your own admission its not primarily because of Mike Ashley. The players have to take some of the blame.  In my opinion so do the coaching staff and the section of the fans who have been calling for heads. As he's the owner you could argue that Ashley is responsible for anything that will ever go wrong with the club as he is the one who employs everyone... it'd be a bit harsh, though. Personal responsibility and all that.

Whilst we're on the subject of arguments without substance though, what about the one that says we're about to see some significant long term improvement.

It's purely opinion and I've outlined above why I think we will see long-term improvement. I've also placed caveats on that; namely Shearer is appointed and backed financially in the summer.

The encouraging signs that this will happen are down to what the club have said about finances (which I may be a fool for believing) and the fact they've allowed Shearer to get rid of Wise and medical staff so far. They appear to be giving him what he wants.

We'll have to wait and see, though.

That's my argument.

I don't see how your "it's too late, we're going down, let's all blame Ashley..." argument will achieve anything. He's not going anywhere. No fucker wants to buy the club.

Even if they did, we're still not going to outspend the likes of Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham, Villa ...or a number of other clubs, which means we'll have to make smart buys on the cheap. Pretty much what we've been trying to do anyway under Ashley.

Guest LucaAltieri

Yep, there were loads that wanted the club to be relegated.

WUM.

Let's rephrase it shall I...some are getting what they *deserve*

That better for you?

Nope. All the fans are getting what the mob created when they turned on Ashley.

By agreeing with Ashley's buy young and cheap policy I don't automatically deserve to see my club relegated.

Those that made the club an undesirable place to be for players, potential players and managers are the ones who have what they deserve. They are 50% of the reason the best we could come up with was Joe fucking Kinnear.

Sounds like you're feeling pretty good about it, anyway. So at least someone's happy. :thup:

Does it really? And how do you work that out? You ever seen the club get relegated?

I'm not surprised that such a daft and childish "spin" is all you can come up with.

1) Ashley - YES

2) The board - APPOINTED BY ASHLEY

3) Kevin Keegan - perhaps in a small way but the motives for his appointment are questionable and the appointment itslef - ASHLEY

4) Joe Kinnear - ASHLEY

5) The players - a  squad shaped and financed by one mans say - ASHLEY

6) The fans (specifically the protesters) - legitimate concern in the face of th fuck ups by ASHLEY.

Should we add the FSA/BofE/Fed for allowing the credit crunch which prevented any sale?

We were relegated when the twat decided to "move the club forward" which meant that the January window became a farce.

How anyone else can get a look in in the blame stakes is absolutely incredible.

Luca, you're fucking delusional.

1) Blaming the board "in equal measure" when Ashley appointed all of them.

2) Keegan: ditto.

3) Joe Kinnear: ditto.

4) The players: Ashley was the one who turned Newcastle United into a selling club, he was the one who decided Dennis Wise should have the final say on transfers, leaving us with a lopsided squad with no backup players in important positions.

5) The fans. All other clubs have fans. Liverpool and Manchester United seem to do well enough despite the fans protesting. If he can't handle the fans, then he's got absolutely nothing whatsoever to do in the world of football. The club may add that to their "Fact" list.

Add to that "signs of Ashley improving". He just made a profit in the transfer window while fighting against relegation, ffs. And no, appointing Shearer too late in the season in a fit of desperation isn't improvement.

Ashley bought (his choice remember) in to the situation -  it wasn't pretty but neither was it hopeless - and we were 12th at the half way point

but his lack of ideas, his appalling management of people, the lack of cash in the transfer window make him a complete disaster IMHO

The worst owner we've had in my 50 years watching this lot

Guest Gemmill

Luca, you're fucking delusional.

1) Blaming the board "in equal measure" when Ashley appointed all of them.

2) Keegan: ditto.

3) Joe Kinnear: ditto.

4) The players: Ashley was the one who turned Newcastle United into a selling club, he was the one who decided Dennis Wise should have the final say on transfers, leaving us with a lopsided squad with no backup players in important positions.

5) The fans. All other clubs have fans. Liverpool and Manchester United seem to do well enough despite the fans protesting. If he can't handle the fans, then he's got absolutely nothing whatsoever to do in the world of football. The club may add that to their "Fact" list.

Add to that "signs of Ashley improving". He just made a profit in the transfer window while fighting against relegation, ffs. And no, appointing Shearer too late in the season in a fit of desperation isn't improvement.

Pretty much.  It's an astonishing argument to try to make.

Guest LucaAltieri

1) Ashley - YES

Aye.

2) The board - APPOINTED BY ASHLEY

Ashley didn't make Llambias a cunt. He may have appointed him but there's no excuse for Llambias not doing his research better when we were in need of a manager. There's no excuse for him repeatedly antagonising the fans. Llambias hasn't shown any desire to stop being a cunt. You can hardly blame Ashley for that.

3) Kevin Keegan - perhaps in a small way but the motives for his appointment are questionable and the appointment itslef - ASHLEY

Keegan knew the deal when he signed on - by his own admission.

4) Joe Kinnear - ASHLEY

Partly Ashley, partly the board not doing their homework, partly the mongs sitting outside making the club look tinpot meaning we couldn't even attract El Tel when offered £100,000 a match.

5) The players - a  squad shaped and financed by one mans say - ASHLEY

Ashley appointed those that signed players. Doesn't mean they're excused for doing their job badly.

6) The fans (specifically the protesters) - legitimate concern in the face of th fuck ups by ASHLEY.

Yes, but reacting to it in a wholly irrational and destructive way. I'm not saying they don't have the right to be upset - they quite clearly do - they just didn't help matters in the slightest.

Should we add the FSA/BofE/Fed for allowing the credit crunch which prevented any sale?

We were relegated when the twat decided to "move the club forward" which meant that the January window became a farce.

How anyone else can get a look in in the blame stakes is absolutely incredible.

Guest LucaAltieri

They are 50% of the reason the best we could come up with was Joe fucking Kinnear.

:lol: WUM

Terry Venables refused a contract that supposedly offered him £100,000 a game until the end of October. Why do you suppose that was? I'm inclined to believe it's because we were a laughing stock with our cockney vendetta.

I'm old enough thanks.

Look, you said yourself that if Roeder failed, it was time for Shepherd to go. I was one of many who hoped the replacement would improve things. My faith was proved incorrect, and he's been an utter disaster.

Doesn't change the simple fact that nobody wants or deserves this.