Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

Three men most responsible for the trouble we're in now:

Kenny Dalglish - Took us from 2nd best team in England that took Man Utd apart 5-0 to relegation candidates.

Graeme Souness - Destroyed another decent team.

Mike Ashely - Alienated Keegan and replaced him with Joe Kinnear.

Dalglish as well as buying some monumental s**** also left us with Solano, Dabizas, Given, Speed and Hamann.

:kinnear:

When we first signed Dabizas I was really impressed with him.

We were all impressed with Coloccini.  :razz:

:nope:

Well you would've been wrong not to be.  He played well against Man U and Bolton.

Chose not to judge him after two games, same with Jonas.

But if someone asked your opinion after the first two games you would've said he's been good.

average at best

Three men most responsible for the trouble we're in now:

Kenny Dalglish - Took us from 2nd best team in England that took Man Utd apart 5-0 to relegation candidates.

Graeme Souness - Destroyed another decent team.

Mike Ashely - Alienated Keegan and replaced him with Joe Kinnear.

Dalglish as well as buying some monumental s**** also left us with Solano, Dabizas, Given, Speed and Hamann.

:kinnear:

When we first signed Dabizas I was really impressed with him.

We were all impressed with Coloccini.  :razz:

:nope:

Well you would've been wrong not to be.  He played well against Man U and Bolton.

Chose not to judge him after two games, same with Jonas.

But if someone asked your opinion after the first two games you would've said he's been good.

average at best

:lol: your joking right.

Jonas to alot of pundits and media out there were saying his performance against Man Utd was probably the most impressive debut out of all the seasons new signings.  So average at best, good one.

Yup, lack of ambition is what it's all about. I have said lots of times that without ambition a club has no chance at all. I said ages ago that's it's far worse when the club is showing no ambition than when the Board is trying but ultimately falls short due to mistakes. This is the difference between the current lot and the previous lot.

Plenty of people reckoned it was impossible for the club to have a worse owner/board than the last one. Mick, tmonkey, sima, omar, macbeth, BigTron, elbee909, baggio, mandiarse, wullie and boo boo to name a handful, though the list could go on and on. People said they were embarrassed at the media ramblings of Fred. Well, what's more embarrassing, idiotic comments of no real significance, or the laughing stock we've been turned into by Ashley and his crew?

Many of you wouldn't listen to common sense. Not only that, you poured scorn and vitriol toward people like me for refusing to join your "hate the Board" bandwagon, effectively causing me to lose interest in this forum. It became a forum for whingers. Dave is even having a go at me this morning for saying some are getting what they deserve. Well, they are, though no doubt many of them will remain in denial. The "spin" that I'm in some way happy about this is as pathetic as it comes, given that I've been supporting the club for 41 years through thick and thin...mostly thin.

So, what do you people think now? Do you still believe it was impossible for a worse to be in charge of the affairs of the club? Do you still believe the previous Board, despite their mistakes, showed no ambition? Do you still think the previous Board was outright s****, rather than a Board that tried to take the club somewhere?

I'll tell you what I think. What we have now is a s**** owner/board, it may even be worse than the pathetic efforts prior to John Hall. The evidence is laid out before you and is as stark as it's going to be regardless of what happens next week. Ashley and his crew are 100% at fault for the current desperate plight of the football club and anyone claiming anything different really needs to think again.

So, at the end of the day, those people I mentioned at the top of this post, plus others I can't recall, are getting what they deserve. They believe being in the top division and finishing in the top 5 for 3 seasons in a row, something we previously accomplished between 1948-1951 = a Board showing no ambition. You couldn't make up such rubbish.

We all want to be the best. We all want to win things but there aren't that many trophies and the competition is fierce. When the club is controlled by a Board that is trying to challenge for those trophies they are showing ambition. When the club is controlled by people who are not, they are showing no ambition. You should appreciate the first when it's happening but many of you didn't, you whinged instead. I don't even feel sorry for you that you didn't enjoy while it was happening. A pathetic bunch, tbh.

From where I'm sitting, the worst may still be to come and I'm not talking about relegation next week. Some of you are getting what you deserve.

getting what we deserve for saying we couldn't keep on going the way fred was and having to take a risk on ashley ?

Why am I not surprised you still don't get it...?

You and others are getting what you deserve because of your absolute refusal to believe that ambition is not automatic, for spouting off in miserable post after miserable post that no owner and Board could possibly be worse than the previous lot, for failing to appreciate the level of ambition shown by the previous Board. You deserve the present situation for constantly complaining about the Board despite them achieving something not previously achieved at this club for ~60 years. You constantly ran the club down despite the fact that at the start of a season we knew we'd be challenging for a top 4 position. We were making that sort of challenge due to the Board you called shit.

You didn't appreciate what the club had and it appears you still don't. Stay up or go down today won't change the fact you are already getting what you deserve, which is a shit Board. You were told repeatedly that you don't know what a shit Board is and that the only way you will recognise one is when the club really does have a shit Board. Well we have one now but it seems I was wrong on that because you still don't get it.

Yup, lack of ambition is what it's all about. I have said lots of times that without ambition a club has no chance at all. I said ages ago that's it's far worse when the club is showing no ambition than when the Board is trying but ultimately falls short due to mistakes. This is the difference between the current lot and the previous lot.

Plenty of people reckoned it was impossible for the club to have a worse owner/board than the last one. Mick, tmonkey, sima, omar, macbeth, BigTron, elbee909, baggio, mandiarse, wullie and boo boo to name a handful, though the list could go on and on. People said they were embarrassed at the media ramblings of Fred. Well, what's more embarrassing, idiotic comments of no real significance, or the laughing stock we've been turned into by Ashley and his crew?

Many of you wouldn't listen to common sense. Not only that, you poured scorn and vitriol toward people like me for refusing to join your "hate the Board" bandwagon, effectively causing me to lose interest in this forum. It became a forum for whingers. Dave is even having a go at me this morning for saying some are getting what they deserve. Well, they are, though no doubt many of them will remain in denial. The "spin" that I'm in some way happy about this is as pathetic as it comes, given that I've been supporting the club for 41 years through thick and thin...mostly thin.

So, what do you people think now? Do you still believe it was impossible for a worse to be in charge of the affairs of the club? Do you still believe the previous Board, despite their mistakes, showed no ambition? Do you still think the previous Board was outright s****, rather than a Board that tried to take the club somewhere?

I'll tell you what I think. What we have now is a s**** owner/board, it may even be worse than the pathetic efforts prior to John Hall. The evidence is laid out before you and is as stark as it's going to be regardless of what happens next week. Ashley and his crew are 100% at fault for the current desperate plight of the football club and anyone claiming anything different really needs to think again.

So, at the end of the day, those people I mentioned at the top of this post, plus others I can't recall, are getting what they deserve. They believe being in the top division and finishing in the top 5 for 3 seasons in a row, something we previously accomplished between 1948-1951 = a Board showing no ambition. You couldn't make up such rubbish.

We all want to be the best. We all want to win things but there aren't that many trophies and the competition is fierce. When the club is controlled by a Board that is trying to challenge for those trophies they are showing ambition. When the club is controlled by people who are not, they are showing no ambition. You should appreciate the first when it's happening but many of you didn't, you whinged instead. I don't even feel sorry for you that you didn't enjoy while it was happening. A pathetic bunch, tbh.

From where I'm sitting, the worst may still be to come and I'm not talking about relegation next week. Some of you are getting what you deserve.

Agree with all of that *tin hat placed on head*. The first point being a key one.

For the sake of sounding diplomatic, some - out of the names/posters mentioned - eventually saw the picture unfolding. Different story for some ala mandiarse, to just mention one name.

And those who saw the writing on the wall - early in the peace/the direction the club was taking under *Wor' Ashley - were abused etc for posting as such.

* i still remember the branding of Ashley as 'Wor' Ashley' by some, and by many as 'that breath of fresh air'. Well some of those very little piggys have had that their straw & so easily influenced houses blown down by that so-called breath of fresh air.

An example being one of mandiarse's well worn & cliched one-line responses to a post i made with regards to the inevitable evaporation of Keegan's second stint in charge. I detailed enough points to explain my conclusion that the 'clock was ticking'. mandiarse's reply was 'overwritten bollocks, as usual'. Typical response i'd expect from somebody who thought that some fictional writer - that Stephen Spence bloke, or whatever the name was - was an instrumental assist provider, in one game, for Shearer back in his heyday.

As for the second section placed in bold. I'm in complete agreement, and have posted as such in the past for numerous reasons. For the starters the club was chewed up in the second division, before the Halls & Shepherd arrived, thanks to McKeag's and Co lack of ambition post-relegation. Ardilles, as poor as his record was, never had a chance. Just like Jim Smith. IMO the current incarnation of the second division is more competive/cutthroat now. Over cautiousness, or a continued lack of ambition on Ashley's part, will result in further punishment beyond this season.

That's a good post.

To be fair, I've hardly spent any time at all on this forum for a long time now, I don't know who realised they were wrong, or even if any of them admitted it. That's because I've been pretty much driven away from newcastle-online by the inability of a number of people to debate anything, by the way they ignore nailed on facts, make stuff up that I haven't posted and frankly by the childish moderation that was going on.  For example, people who hate the previous Board breaking forum rules time and time again yet bans being handed out to those with whom some moderators disagree.

I also became fed up of being told by some Eskimo who has hardly been out of his igloo that I'm wrong about a club I've supported for 40 years.

Cheers

To those who thought he was right to hang on to Wise, and Lose keegan,..do you still think he was right?

like i said at the time.....i'll tell you when i find out if that is actually what happened.

To those who thought he was right to hang on to Wise, and Lose keegan,..do you still think he was right?

like i said at the time.....i'll tell you when i find out if that is actually what happened.

and what division do you think we will end up in before you make your mind up.

doesn't matter. i'm only going to make my mind up when i get some evidence. i'm not going to say something happened when i have no idea if it did or not just because one of the people involved is an odious little twat.

doesn't matter. i'm only going to make my mind up when i get some evidence. i'm not going to say something happened when i have no idea if it did or not just because one of the people involved is an odious little twat.

youll be waiting when we're in league one. grow some balls ffs.

doesn't matter. i'm only going to make my mind up when i get some evidence. i'm not going to say something happened when i have no idea if it did or not just because one of the people involved is an odious little t***.

and say "ok then it was all wise's fault" when i/we actually know sod all about what happened.

doesn't matter. i'm only going to make my mind up when i get some evidence. i'm not going to say something happened when i have no idea if it did or not just because one of the people involved is an odious little t***.

and say "ok then it was all wise's fault" when i/we actually know sod all about what happened.

even ashley has admitted his mistake in getting rid of Wise. it's fucking obvious ashley has caused our downfall, not keegan.

even ashley has admitted his mistake in getting rid of Wise. it's f***ing obvious ashley has caused our downfall, not keegan.

i never said keegan did (though his timing stank imo) and getting rid of wise to accomodate your one hope is admitting sod all.

i never said keegan did (though his timing stank imo) and getting rid of wise to accomodate your one hope is admitting sod all.

Ooh, yes, such a horrible timing. Like when Curbishley left West Ham, and look where they are now.

even ashley has admitted his mistake in getting rid of Wise. it's f***ing obvious ashley has caused our downfall, not keegan.

hardly. he's had to choose between a popular manager and a bureaucrat two times, the first time he made a mammoth error, the second time he's realised his mistake and went with the right option. albeit too late.

anyway, i couldnt care less if keegan shat in dennis's locker, i'd still back him over wise. a scout no matter how good is not going to manage a side for you.

Guest The Libertine

I can't believe I supported this guy.

I've never supported him. And I'm very proud of that.

nice attitude. we need more fans like you.

Ooh, yes, such a horrible timing. Like when Curbishley left West Ham, and look where they are now.

yes cos they got in a good replacement and ran the club well, i'd also say zola had a head start with a better more balanced squad with decent youngsters coming through to supplement it, we got kinnear