Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

I'm certainly no Ashley apologist, I think he's a piece of shit, but I would like to know one thing: are the players completely free of any collective or individual blame for our current plight?

GM - of course not. They are as much to blame as the owner and his various cohorts. However when the dust settles, someone has to take responsibility for what has happened this season. The players have shown they aren't interested - so surely it should be the owner who carries the can. Afterall, it's his stupid decisions that have got us in this mess for the most part.

You say that like it's some sort of revelation, Jonny. Of course they've piped down. Reality bites.

Same phenomenon as electing New Labour only to find what we got was the worst government in a generation.

Guest neesy111

everyone need's to take responsability once people admit this in the club then we can start moving forward again as a club

it's amazing to think that arsenal have a wage bill similar to ours, and just look at the two teams, it makes me sick

Guest gggg

it's amazing to think that arsenal have a wage bill similar to ours, and just look at the two teams, it makes me sick

errr, according to what source? Deloitte always have Arsenal and Man U level on around 85m and us 20-30m behind.

I do not attribute sole blame to Ashley.

Ashley, Mort, Llambias, Keegan & the players share the blame.  What proportion they share, we'll probably never know.

Kinnear too btw. For being a shitehawk.

Ashley, Mort, Llambias, Keegan & the players share the blame.  What proportion they share, we'll probably never know.

Kinnear too btw. For being a shitehawk.

Shepherd as well. And Souness, Roeder and Lee Bowyer.

True, our players should have done better. But if the manager got to sign players instead of a snide swine in London, then perhaps the squad wouldn't have been totally unbalanced. Perhaps we would have two right backs and two left backs. Perhaps even a capable winger as a replacement for James Milner.

Guest Heneage

I honestly attribute blame to the follwing;

Ashley, for failing to work with Keegan and for even trying Joe Kinnear who was nowhere near fit to take a job with his condition. And under investing in the playing squad, as we had a piss poor centre midfield.

Keegan- For being a giant baby and dropping us in the shit. He could have put his own feelings aside and complained later, for someone who loves our club so much be bottled it when we needed him most, and just put a giant spanner in the plan which was looking quite good.

The players- Under performed lacked heart and made the simplest mistakes that youth team players wouldn't make.

Joe Kinnear- his inability to things differently and just use his past experience of players to pick them.

Hughton- for not admitting that he hadn't a fucking clue.

Out of curiousity, what has Mort done wrong in all of this?

Personally thought he was a pretty good chairman during his year with us. Came across as a smart, likeable man, the sort of person you want to run your club.

Out of curiousity, what has Mort done wrong in all of this?

Personally thought he was a pretty good chairman during his year with us. Came across as a smart, likeable man, the sort of person you want to run your club.

I'm not sure, maybe nothing, but if Keegan ends up being completely without fault as people seem to want to believe then Mort was the chairman who gave him the job under false pretences.