Banner Design / Wording?

Crumpy Gunt

Guest The Libertine

you're trying to give free advertising to a person you despise and im the idiot? if you put SPORTSDIRECT.COM on a banner seen by (potentially) millions of people then he'll be delighted.

In the context of the banner and its use I would doubt that

i honestly cant see him giving a fuck what's written tbh. he'll just be happy that his company's website is being scatter bombed around the media worldwide.

the sportsdirect.com one is flawed because its actually promoting his shop and "we're supposed to be boycoutting that".

I've always thought you're something of an idiot, so I'll just repeat that: idiot.

you're trying to give free advertising to a person you despise and im the idiot? if you put SPORTSDIRECT.COM on a banner seen by (potentially) millions of people then he'll be delighted.

Ashley has already given himself tons of free advertising on St. James' Park. Somehow, this has coincided with the club's income going down, despite making a profit on transfers. Coincidence?

We're just trying to make sure the link between SportsDirect.com and FAILURE is pointed out for everyone. Ashley himself established the link, we're just making his point clear.

Then again, you probably do understand that.

Guest The Libertine

the sportsdirect.com one is flawed because its actually promoting his shop and "we're supposed to be boycoutting that".

I've always thought you're something of an idiot, so I'll just repeat that: idiot.

Ashley has already given himself tons of free advertising on St. James' Park. Somehow, this has coincided with the club's income going down, despite making a profit on transfers. Coincidence?

We're just trying to make sure the link between SportsDirect.com and FAILURE is pointed out for everyone. Ashley himself established the link, we're just making his point clear.

potentially millions of people worldwide are going to be seeing the website SPORTSDIRECT.COM splashed all over the media (if we go down, it'll be the biggest story in ages and this banner gives a newsworthy twist/visual). even if only 5% of those people seeing it dont know what that website is, there's a very good chance they'll look to see what the fuss is about and that's "X" amount of potential customers generated. it would cost him millions in advertising to do what you propose. you dont work for him, do you?

Guest Geordiesned

That's like saying Gerald Ratner saying his products were shit improved their sales!

Guest Geordiesned

potentially millions of people worldwide are going to be seeing the website SPORTSDIRECT.COM splashed all over the media (if we go down, it'll be the biggest story in ages and this banner gives a newsworthy twist/visual). even if only 5% of those people seeing it dont know what that website is, there's a very good chance they'll look to see what the fuss is about and that's "X" amount of potential customers generated. it would cost him millions in advertising to do what you propose. you dont work for him, do you?

The X amount of customers generated won't compare to the Y amount who decide to stay away from his his inferior shite.

Guest The Libertine

That's like saying Gerald Ratner saying his products were shit improved their sales!

not really. the head of the company slagging off his own stock or a few "customers" with a bed sheet and a quip.

Guest Geordiesned

not really. the head of the company slagging off his own stock or a few "customers" with a bed sheet and a quip.

If you can't see how that a banner linking relegation to his company will look very bad for Ashley then there really is no hope for you.

Guest The Libertine

If you can't see how that a banner linking relegation to his company will look very bad for Ashley then there really is no hope for you.

i see how its bad but i also see how its potentially a worldwide scatter bomb of "SPORTSDIRECT.COM". 

Guest firetotheworks

But its neither funny, nor clever, and crucially because of its content, wont get shown on TV.

Guest dover

August 20, 1940 - On the Battle of Britain - Winston churchill

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

I like the idea of a big picture of Winston in a toon shirt with an ammended quote:

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed to so many by so few"

pretty much sums up my feelings if we go down...

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

"This relegation is sponsored by SportsDirect.com"

Head and shoulders above everything else.

I think so too.

i see how its bad but i also see how its potentially a worldwide scatter bomb of "SPORTSDIRECT.COM". 

It wont be worldwide as according to Mick Dennis we are not a big club.  O0

SPORTSDIRECT.DUMB  would solve that :)

Guest diddimz

I agree that the Sports Direct one is flawed, other clubs fans won't boycot them just because we got relegated, instead it's advertising for them, if it even gets shown. I like the 'United we stand, United we fall' and the 'We didn't like this league anyway' lines.

there was a black and white coffin which did the rounds at half-time but got shunted to the back of the stand afterwards...surprised it didn't get thrown towards the pitch at the end