Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coloccini and Williamson were even worse against Bolton.

v Bolton they had Smith and Guthrie in midfield.

Sol and Saylor had Tiote in front of them and still looked sh*t.

Willicini is the only answer.

Coloccini and Williamson were even worse against Bolton.

v Bolton they had Smith and Guthrie in midfield.

Sol and Saylor had Tiote in front of them and still looked sh*t.

Willicini is the only answer.

It was still stupid individual mistakes, Colo getting owned by Elmander is nothing to do with Smith and Guthrie playing, even if we are losing the ball further upfield.

What about Blackburn then? That defensive embarrassment?  Our apparently flawless Williccini weren't flawless then.  Again, both embarrassed by Jason Roberts...

I've said it before but the Taylor criticism on here is pathetic and it clouds people's judgement IMO.

I like Colo and Williamson but I can't have people slagging of Taylor just for the sake of it.

Pardew doesn't do well with foreign players according to Argentine Tevez. Llambias and the club have final say on transfers. Ashley & DL are dedicated to getting wages down and increasing profitability. Colo is supposedly one of our highest wage players and is turning 29 in January.

Implication: Sold in the summer if not in January.

Pardew doesn't do well with foreign players according to Argentine Tevez. Llambias and the club have final say on transfers. Ashley & DL are dedicated to getting wages down and increasing profitability. Colo is supposedly one of our highest wage players and is turning 29 in January.

Implication: Sold in the summer if not in January.

Pardew doesn't do well with foreginers? Based on Tevez and Mascherano  :lol:

They were signed over his head at the last minute of the window and the whole hoopla got the better of him, as he himself said they were positions he didn't even feel he needed to strengthen, so it was akward for him to just automatically jettison the players who had his trust already.

Unfortunately if it does come to that (which I dread to think it will), I honestly don't think we'd get a major amount for him. Maybe about 7 mill if he went abroad? Probably less if we flogged him to a fellow PL team. Not enough to make it worth it anyway.

Given the fact that Ashley would love to get rid of Colo's wages, how much do people realistically think we could get for him in the summer? Let's assume he's no better or worse than he has been so far this season.

Probably less than £4m due to his age, wages and length of contract.

We seriously overpaid for him especially in wages, best thing we could do is offer him a new 5 years deal to see out his career at our highest wage limit which is supposedly £50k. I'd do the same with Barton, if not both will need to be sold or not renewed at some point.

It's getting annoying this 'Ashley will sell all the best players' line. There's no evidence for it FFS.

No one thought pardew would ever manage NUFC and looked what happened.

We may have to release a player or two to ease up the budget.  I hope not, i really fcking hope we dont but in reality,  it might have to happen.

Yeah, I was thinking we'd do well to get £6m. Agree that we might be able to get a little more abroad (Spain). £4m would be pretty disappointing.

It's getting annoying this 'Ashley will sell all the best players' line. There's no evidence for it FFS.

I don't think he's going to decide to sell Carroll, Ranger, Simpson, etc., but I think he definitely wants to shift players on high wages.

Given the fact that Ashley would love to get rid of Colo's wages

I think it's those sort of comments Ian's more focusing on. It's this general perception that Ashley's determined to hold a firesale of all our best players to get them off the wage bill. He may be a major fuck up that I have not a single ounce of faith in but the completely unfounded idea that we're going to sell all our best players is getting on my tits too.

We may have to release a player or two to ease up the budget.  I hope not, i really fcking hope we dont but in reality,  it might have to happen.

Yes but no need to whinge about something that hasnt yet happened and may not happen. Go fucking nuts if it happens, but until then this attitude is just ludicrous.

Yes but no need to whinge about something that hasnt yet happened and may not happen. Go f***ing nuts if it happens, but until then this attitude is just ludicrous.

I'm not moaning, where in that post am i moaning?

fcking fruitcake,

Going off that logic, we still may end up with £50m to spend in the Summer :laugh:

Yes but no need to whinge about something that hasnt yet happened and may not happen. Go f***ing nuts if it happens, but until then this attitude is just ludicrous.

fcking fruitcake,

;D

1. I said whinging, not moaning.

2. Perhaps whinging was not the correct word to use.

3. What i said wasnt really directed at our post, but to the attitude in general.

4. Before i close my case, i would just like to again mention that this pessimistic attitude is annoying and tiresome.

Going off that logic, we still may end up with £50m to spend in the Summer :laugh:

WAYHEY!

fcking fruitcake,

;D

3. What i said wasnt really directed at our post, but to the attitude in general.

4. Before i close my case, i would just like to again mention that this pessimistic attitude is annoying and tiresome.

I dont understand, given our status that we are not flush with money...its pessimistic to say we MAY have to balance the books?

I agree when people say things like 'Ashley will definitely cash in on Carroll - if not January then in the summer' etc. There is no evidence to suggest he's going to start selling young, promising players on low wages, especially since a few of them have recently been signed to new deals.

I think it's realistic to discuss the possibility of players like Coloccini, Barton, and Nolan being sold since they are on much higher wages.

I'm with TT here.

Offer him an extended contract on a lower wage and if he doesn't accept it, try to offload them (as long as a good enough replacement can be signed). There's no way we can keep a defender on a reported £75+k a week wages - it just makes a mockery of our new supposed 'wage structure'.

I agree when people say things like 'Ashley will definitely cash in on Carroll - if not January then in the summer' etc. There is no evidence to suggest he's going to start selling young, promising players on low wages, especially since a few of them have recently been signed to new deals.

I think it's realistic to discuss the possibility of players like Coloccini, Barton, and Nolan being sold since they are on much higher wages.

:sadnod:

Maybe not Nolan though.

fcking fruitcake,

;D

I dont understand, given our status that we are not flush with money...its pessimistic to say we MAY have to balance the books?

Balancing the books and selling a number of our best players is not the same thing, and we'd be stupid to do so.