Beckford From Leeds.

Crumpy Gunt

I think the Championship is about the highest level that he would be comfortable at. I think he'd struggle badly in the Premiership.

Why does that matter though? As of now we're not in the Premiership. If we do manage to get back up we can consider what to do about our strikers then.

Absolutely, if he is good enough to do the job in the Championship and helps us go back up it doesnt matter whether he will make it in the prem or not. Our coaches will know by then, and presumably he would have done well enough that we could easily sell him on to another championship side or fleece a gormless prem team into taking him (hopefully at a profit!)

I read somewhere that Bates wanted around £1M  for him but a Leeds fan said that they would probably not get that much for him

5m was quoted in all the papers. 1m would be decent business.

5m  :kinnear:

He's out of contract next year and they've transfer listed him because he's refused to sign a new one. They therefore will take what they can for him whilst his stock is high.

Can't see him costing anywhere near £5m, though we would obviously be robbed due to who we are.

Guest firetotheworks

Reminds me of Cole with his finishing a bit. High footed finishes and the like, a slightly lazy comparison, but I see it nonetheless.

Guest Heneage

He's out of contract next year and they've transfer listed him because he's refused to sign a new one. They therefore will take what they can for him whilst his stock is high.

Can't see him costing anywhere near £5m, though we would obviously be robbed due to who we are.

Leeds fans say he's incredibly lazy too.

Guest firetotheworks

All the fans Ive spoken to have said he's very good, but the negative is that he's his own biggest fan. How many have said he's lazy?

Who gives a fuck if he puts them away?

Guest Heneage

All the fans Ive spoken to have said he's very good, but the negative is that he's his own biggest fan. How many have said he's lazy?

Bout 5 or 6 that or another forum I visit, say he can be quite the hot head too which is a worry.

Guest firetotheworks

Bout 5 or 6 that or another forum I visit, say he can be quite the hot head too which is a worry.

Crikey, thing is I remember my dad going on in the 90s about players being unprofessional arseholes, and when I think about it now, they were the epitome of professionalism compared to the current collect. In the grand scheme of things it seems you can either be class and a dickhead, or average and hard working.

Crikey, thing is I remember my dad going on in the 90s about players being unprofessional arseholes, and when I think about it now, they were the epitome of professionalism compared to the current collect. In the grand scheme of things it seems you can either be class and a dickhead, or average and hard working.

Or Joey Barton.

Guest firetotheworks

Or Joey Barton.

Aye. I meant on-field. Up until that Liverpool tackle his only real dickheadery was off-field, but now its spilled over.

Guest Heneage

I wouldn't say that at all. I think most of the high profile lot are reported as dick heads but someone like Jonny Evans is a consummate professional who isn't a dick head, isn't a big time charlie and is still incredibly talented.

If he's going dead cheap then he might be worth a punt because he's proven that he can score goals.

I bet there's plenty of other better options out there though. Basing that on pretty much nothing btw.

Guest northwestmag1892

I wouldn't say that at all. I think most of the high profile lot are reported as dick heads but someone like Jonny Evans is a consummate professional who isn't a dick head, isn't a big time charlie and is still incredibly talented.

Agreed. I remember something hanging over Jonny Evans from a ManUre Xmas Party... has that person now realised that there is no case (or did I miss that from months ago?!) Evans is a class act.

Guest firetotheworks

Ferguson player though, goes without saying really. I guess I could revise what I said to it being the case that there are far more dickheads in the game. I can easily think of 10-20 players that have done distasteful or shameful things either on or off the field. Diouff, Barton, Pennant, Dyer, Bowyer, Bramble.....

Is it rose tinted specs, or do you reckon its getting worse?

Guest northwestmag1892

Ferguson player though, goes without saying really. I guess I could revise what I said to it being the case that there are far more dickheads in the game. I can easily think of 10-20 players that have done distasteful or shameful things either on or off the field. Diouff, Barton, Pennant, Dyer, Bowyer, Bramble.....

Was that a reply to my post above?

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, although it's obviously open to everyone to answer.

Guest northwestmag1892

Aye, although it's obviously open to everyone to answer.

I agree there has been far worse I think. Most is unsubstantiated at best, at worst it is sheer libel. However these lads need more careful management when they are earning the >£1K yes >£1K salaries per week as most of them would be earning the minimum wage otherwise (sweeping statement I know, but in the main true).