Let the good times begin....

Heron

Well, the day finally came and the moment finally arrived, when Newcastle United (that not so big club from the North East) got relegated. The dissappointment never has quite sunk in for me yet, not sure if it will either. For what was dissappointing about our performance this year? Nothing. It's been shambolic from start to finish. Yet the one thing, the same thing as always, that has made this season memorable, and worthwhile, has been the support.

I had a season ticket in the Leazes End for about 7 years, and moved up to the new "singing section" for this season, and despite the doubts of many people within the ground I think the singing section has been magnificent. There has been a constant murmor of support coming from that area of the ground with the occassional outburst which has shook the whole ground into action. Not only this area - but the Strawberry Corner also, has been magnificent, the gallowgate and it's rallying cries in moments of sheer desperation, it's been great, truelly great.

Seeing those 3,000 fans down at Villa and hearing them singing their hearts out made me so proud. Seeing people keep that stiff upper lip and continue supporting the lads post match was phenomenal. Those 3,000, have single handedly (if you like) stuck a two-fingered salute to every single journalist, media pundit, tv presenter, football fan, who has ever ridiculed us, and I would just like to personally thank them via this message.

I will be there next year, and I hope the singing section will be too, even better again if it is in the lower section of the ground! But the final thing that's making it mkre and more appetising is the continued enthusiasm shown by our support. Everyone appears to be keeping faith, and I hope it continues, for this is the time when many will look on and judge us, and this is the time for us to collectively have our backs to the wall, and fight our way back to where we belong, the top 10 of the best league in the world.

I would like to think we keep Alan Shearer on board with Iain Dowie and then maybe a nice mixture of the likes of Rob Lee and some more experienced coaches. With about £10-15million and the squad below then I think we would have a good chance of securing promotion....

Steve Harper - GK

Habib Beye - RB

Jose Enrique - LB

Sebastien Bassong - CB

Steven Taylor - CB

Peter Lovenkrands - RM

Jonas Gutierrez - LM

Danny Guthrie - CM

Alan Smith - CM

Obafemi Martins - ST

Andrew Carroll - ST

Damien Duff - Squad Player

Ryan Taylor - Squad Player

Tamas Kadar - Squad Player

Fabio Zamblera - Squad Player

David Edward Edgar - Squad Player

Frank Wiafe Danquah - Squad Player

Wesley Ngo Baheng - Squad Player

Ole Soderberg - Squad Player

Fraser Forster - Squad Player

Ben Tozer - Squad Player

Mark Viduka - Squad Player

Callum Morris - Squad Player

Kazenga LuaLua - Squad Player

Tim Krul - Squad Player

Ryan Donaldson - Squad Player

Jonny Godsmark - Squad Player

Nile Ranger - Squad Player

Kevin Nolan - Get rid

Cacapa - Get rid

Joey Barton - Get rid

Michael Owen - Get rid

Foluwashola Ameobi - Get rid

Xisco - Get rid

Geremi - Get rid

Nicholas Butt - Get rid

Ignacio Gonzalez - Get rid

Fabricio Coloccini - Get rid

The place I would strengthen would be Midfield. I would get a creative central Midfielder and a solid holding Midfielder, then we would need a right winger for cover. I think the two wingers in place in that line up would do great for the Championship but I just think they both lack a bit of final product. Would still keep them in the Premier League like as squad players.

Need a left and right back too for cover.

I think the defense is probably the strongest aspect of our squad providing Coloccini isn't in it, I just think we lack strength in depth there, and up front it's time to freshen things up - fuck off Owen, Viduka and Shola and give Carroll and Ranger a chance.

Providing our squad consisted of the above I think we'd do okay in the Championship - but more games means more depth is needed - preferrably at a low cost too. Midfield and up front are our two highest priority areas to fix though, as we have been fucking hopeless attacking teams.

A bit if a mixed bag this post I know, but I just wanted to share my views.....

HOWAY THE LADS! KEEP THE FAITH! NEWCASTLE UNITED, WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER!...BE DEFEATED!

i think the away games next season could take on a right party atmosphere. (regardless of results)

good times man. Ive not been away for years but its whetting my appetite.

I agree, I think it will be great next season and I'm thoroughly looking forward to going to some of the away games next year.

Also, I don't think Martins, etc will stay but based on our current suad that's what I would keep.

i think the away games next season could take on a right party atmosphere. (regardless of results)

good times man. Ive not been away for years but its whetting my appetite.

same here. my last away was the 3-1 defeat at charlton (scott parker scored a screamer for us) but i'm looking at a few next season.

Fantasy stuff

what is ?

If we are anywhere near the top, some of these clubs will not know what the fuck on earth has hit them when the Toon army arrive, Nowt in the premier will match, our away support.

I cannot wait for the fixture list already....

Last two promotions, every away game from about xmas, was like a huge Party, some brilliant weekends,..

Last two promotions, every away game from about xmas, was like a huge Party, some brilliant weekends,..

Remember being at Peterborough early on in the KK promotion season. Fucking brilliant atmosphere that day.

I'm only 19 so I cannot really remember the last promotion, but I think next season will be such a laugh from start to finish and I'm genuinely looking forward to it.

Remember being at Peterborough early on in the KK promotion season. Fucking brilliant atmosphere that day.

aye was a good un, i watched it from half way up the floodlight pylon.

Blackpool is the one everyone mentions but for some reason I reckon there will be far better trips at different grounds.

Peterborough will be good, it was in the FA Cup a few years ago, 4k tickets and not a seat in the away end.

Can't wait for some of these away games next season. Just hopes its not too hard to get tickets. Have my heart set on Peterborough, Sheff Wed and Barnsley.

Assuming Shearer is in charge then you can probably save a few quid on a train ticket to Ipswich if you book now, because you know that the fixture computer is somehow going to find a way to make Shearer vs Keane the 1st game of the season.