Who's in charge ?

madras

From newsnow I see newcastle are on the verge of buying Andrew Surman from Southampton for a million quid...  doubt it very much, unless wise is back  :yikes:

Who have we released? Them kids that were out of contract anyway?

who made the decisions not to offer them new contracts ?

still under contract till june 30th. shouldn't that decision be made by the new man who may have knowledge of them ?

Guest optimistic nit

tbh its possible that even with a manager decisions on academy players are made by acadamy coaches. managers have enough to deal with, why would they get involved with the contracts of players they dont know as well as the acadamy coaches. they'll probably have the final say i.e. rubber stamp it but the decisions on who to release are probably made by money et al.

Richard Money would decide with the likes of Godsmark, Donninger etc

dunno bout that. didn't robson decide on that sort of thing and inform them. money would reccomend and give his opinion but i'm sure the actual keeping/letting go would be decided higher up.

Guest toonlass

Richard Money would decide with the likes of Godsmark, Donninger etc

dunno bout that. didn't robson decide on that sort of thing and inform them. money would reccomend and give his opinion but i'm sure the actual keeping/letting go would be decided higher up.

Robson was in a different era altogether. Money will have decided on this.