RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thing everyone will hang onto this even when Tuesday and Wednesday pass, Thursday comes, then Friday, then Saturday it will go on and on until another rumour takes its place or it gets denied in the press.

Or we'll announce at noon on Tuesday that Shearer is manager and his first act as new chief is to sign Leo Messi. For £5m. On £5k p/w.

Aye see thats about as likely to happen as the takeover.

You're so negative.

mackem

Just had enough, clinging onto the little bit of hope every rumour brings has taken its toll, we have had so many and some with a lot more substance to them than this latest one, all of them have ended up being utter shit.

Lambias & Harris have spiuted so much shite about the sale, the media have spited it and fan after fan have said this and that, I have been told this by this one, had a test saying this. NON of thats FUCKING NON of it has had any truth to it.

We play out first game of the season on Saturday with no manager, Martins gones, Bassong & Beye both seem  loike they will not kick another ball for us, we have NO new players to replace them or any of the shite we have already anf then add to that the same clueless fat bastard of an owner, what is there to be positive about?

Am I being negitive? or just realistic

We may have a bigger stadium than Everton but that means jack s*** in our current climate and to say we have a bigger fanbase than Everton is open for discussion

Everton have only had 2 seasons where their attendance were over 37000 since 1978. Last season was 35600 ish in a stadium which holds 40200, which is around 91% capacity.

Care to explain where theres a debate as to how this compares with our fanbase?

since when has fanbase been solely about how many arses you get on the seats on a matchday its all about cachement area, history and generations of fans nationwide and now globally

i thought fan base was about the repective abilities to get folk into the ground.

So your saying Everton have significantly less fans going to matches then Newcastle but its realistic to think they might have more fans? :lol:  It doesn't matter how many people are in Evertons "catchment area" if those people aren't fans.  They have a smaller fan base then us, simple fact.

kid on Skunkers was talking to David Craig at SJP Yesterday and he reckons Ashley is on the verge of taking the club off the market again and is also going to appoint an experienced manager, but deffo NOT JFK.

O'Leary has been mentioned!!!

Fuck off, fuck off, fuck off, fuck off , fuck off, fuck off, fuck off , fuck off, fuck off, fuck off , fuck off, fuck off, fuck off....................................... FUCK OFF

So your telling me Everton have significantly less fans going to matches then Newcastle but its realistic to think they might have more fans? :lol:

I personally would say that Everton have a lot more fans from the neighbouring counties of Merseyside than we have from outside of our region...jesus its like you saying Leeds dont have a big fanbase just because they dont fill elland road anymore whereas Leeds United have a much bigger fanbase than we do

kid on Skunkers was talking to David Craig at SJP Yesterday and he reckons Ashley is on the verge of taking the club off the market again and is also going to appoint an experienced manager, but deffo NOT JFK.

Not sure I believe that. I don't get why he'd tell some random person, yet not report it on SSN.

I personally would say that Everton have a lot more fans from the neighbouring counties of Merseyside than we have from outside of our region...jesus its like you saying Leeds dont have a big fanbase just because they dont fill elland road anymore whereas Leeds United have a much bigger fanbase than we do

Outside Liverpool, the majority are the reds of Liverpool or Man United.

We'll bring in more money from our fans in our current state than Everton ever will.

So your telling me Everton have significantly less fans going to matches then Newcastle but its realistic to think they might have more fans? :lol:

Leeds have a much bigger fanbase? :nope: Seriously how do you come too these conclusions?  We can fill a 52,000 seeter stadium while Everton can't even come close to filling a 40,000 seater stadium, Leeds barely filled a 40,000 capacity stadium when they were in the Champions League for fuck sake!  But they have a much bigger fanbase then us because "you would say they have more fans outside of the region"?  Firstly mate that's guess work, secondly its pretty irrelivant.

What's Everton and Leeds merchandise revenue at vs ours?  I mean fans buy merchandise right wether they live in the same region or not?

Not sure I believe that. I don't get why he'd tell some random person, yet not report it on SSN.

SSn are right up Ashleys shitter and won't report anything negitive about him, as soon as the club is taken off the market SSN will report how poor Mike has been shaffted by time wasters and he feels its best for the club now if he tries to get in a manager that can keep us in the Championship.

SSn are right up Ashleys shitter and won't report anything negitive about him, as soon as the club is taken off the market SSN will report how poor Mike has been shaffted by time wasters and he feels its best for the club now if he tries to get in a manager that can keep us in the Championship.

Exactly.

They won't do anything to make stories and access dry up.

If Ashley can't sell and Shearer won't work for him, I'd sooner have O'Leary a million times more than the likes of Hughton, Calderwood & Kinnear.

No they fucking don't :lol:  Seriously how do you come too these conclusions?  We can fill a 52,000 seeter stadium while Everton can't even come close to filling a 40,000 seeter stadium but they have a bigger fanbase then us because "you would say they have more fans outside of the region"?  Firstly mate that's guess work, secondly its pretty irrelivant.  Same thing with Leeds.

So you honestly believe we have a bigger fanbase and cachement area than Leeds United too?...i think its time to take off your black and white Blinkers...next you will be saying we are a bigger club than Everton all because SJP holds 52k and Goodison 42k or so..irregardless of the fact we have won jack shit domestically for 55 years a lot of that time spent languishing in the second division..fucking hell it hits home when there are 2 clubs in the same league as Gateshead that have won a major domestic trophy since we last have....wake up we arent a big club in anything other than the size of our stadia

Im searching but I dont see either of those "bigger" teams on this list.

Deloitte Football Money League - 2007/08 revenue      (previous year in brackets)

1 (1) Real Madrid £289.6million

2 (2) Manchester United £257.1m

3 (3) FC Barcelona £244.4m

4 (7) Bayern Munich £233.8m

5 (4) Chelsea £212.9m

6 (5) Arsenal £209.3m

7 (8) Liverpool £167.0m

8 (6) AC Milan £165.8m

9 (11) AS Roma £138.9m

10 (9) Internazionale £136.9m

11 (12) Juventus £132.6m

12 (13) Lyon £123.3m

13 (16) Schalke 04 £117.5m

14 (10) Tottenham £114.8m

15 (15) Hamburg £101.3m

16 (19) Marseille £100.4m

17 (14) Newcastle £99.4m

18 (-) Stuttgart £88.3m

19 (-) Fenerbahce £88.1m

20 (-) Manchester City £82.3m

You can argue that Leeds dont reach the richest clubs because of the difference in Sky payments but whats Evertons excuse, they even had Europe. These clubs are on the top twenty due to a combination of success and global fanbase purchasing power. In our case we can discount success on the pitch.

Mate I'm not going to bother, this is my final post to you.  I can tell when a discussion is pointless, I mean now your going on about what we've won recently for fuck sake, nothing to do with the discussion at all :lol:  You're on some kind of self loathing kick so I'll let you get on with it.

Neither club your talking about can come close to our attendances, neither bring in more money from merchandise then us (you know that stuff fans buy).  Yet your adamant they must have a higher fan base because of nothing more then your say so basically, no facts what so ever are in your favour but I'm the one who has blinkers on? :nope:

Lets just forget about it and actually look at what matters, the fan base that actually brings money into the club, which is all any owner would care about.  At least you can't use opinion to argue about that.

No they fucking don't :lol:  Seriously how do you come too these conclusions?  We can fill a 52,000 seeter stadium while Everton can't even come close to filling a 40,000 seeter stadium but they have a bigger fanbase then us because "you would say they have more fans outside of the region"?  Firstly mate that's guess work, secondly its pretty irrelivant.  Same thing with Leeds.

So you honestly believe we have a bigger fanbase and cachement area than Leeds United too?...i think its time to take off your black and white Blinkers...next you will be saying we are a bigger club than Everton all because SJP holds 52k and Goodison 42k or so..irregardless of the fact we have won jack shit domestically for 55 years a lot of that time spent languishing in the second division..fucking hell it hits home when there are 2 clubs in the same league as Gateshead that have won a major domestic trophy since we last have....wake up we arent a big club in anything other than the size of our stadia

You mentioned Leeds before your edit. What are your figures based on? I'd love to see the spreadsheet  which shows how many fans each club has.

No they f***ing don't :lol:  Seriously how do you come too these conclusions?  We can fill a 52,000 seeter stadium while Everton can't even come close to filling a 40,000 seeter stadium but they have a bigger fanbase then us because "you would say they have more fans outside of the region"?  Firstly mate that's guess work, secondly its pretty irrelivant.  Same thing with Leeds.

So you honestly believe we have a bigger fanbase and cachement area than Leeds United too?...i think its time to take off your black and white Blinkers...next you will be saying we are a bigger club than Everton all because SJP holds 52k and Goodison 42k or so..irregardless of the fact we have won jack s*** domestically for 55 years a lot of that time spent languishing in the second division..f***ing hell it hits home when there are 2 clubs in the same league as Gateshead that have won a major domestic trophy since we last have....wake up we arent a big club in anything other than the size of our stadia

England have won fuck all since 66 but barring Brazil are probably the biggest draw in

world football.

Winning things means nowt compared to reputation.

No they f***ing don't :lol:  Seriously how do you come too these conclusions?  We can fill a 52,000 seeter stadium while Everton can't even come close to filling a 40,000 seeter stadium but they have a bigger fanbase then us because "you would say they have more fans outside of the region"?  Firstly mate that's guess work, secondly its pretty irrelivant.  Same thing with Leeds.

So you honestly believe we have a bigger fanbase and cachement area than Leeds United too?...i think its time to take off your black and white Blinkers...next you will be saying we are a bigger club than Everton all because SJP holds 52k and Goodison 42k or so..irregardless of the fact we have won jack s*** domestically for 55 years a lot of that time spent languishing in the second division..f***ing hell it hits home when there are 2 clubs in the same league as Gateshead that have won a major domestic trophy since we last have....wake up we arent a big club in anything other than the size of our stadia

England have won f*** all since 66 but barring Brazil are probably the biggest draw in

world football.

Winning things means nowt compared to reputation.

You what?

England are a bigger draw in world football than Germany Italy or Argentina think again

I would say so yes, obviously not as successful but a bigger draw..Aye

What are you basing that on England are no bigger a draw than Spain France or Holland....jesus are you one of these media folk who think England are the best at everything when in reality they are shite

England are a bigger draw in world football than Germany Italy or Argentina think again

I would say so yes, obviously not as successful but a bigger draw..Aye

What are you basing that on England are no bigger a draw than Spain France or Holland....jesus are you one of these media folk who think England are the best at everything when in reality they are s****

Yeah because that's what I said didn't I ???

You Knacker!

Here is the top 10 most supported clubs (in percentage)

1. Liverpool – 14.3

2. Manchester United – 11.8

3. Tottenham Hotspur – 9.7

4. Arsenal – 9.6

5. Newcastle United – 5.8

6. Manchester City – 5.3

7. West Ham United – 4.9

8. Aston Villa – 4.4

9. Chelsea FC – 3.6

10. Everton FC – 3.1

According to the Daily Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/3797456/Liverpool-best-supported-team-in-Premier-League.html