RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How can Man Utd be worth £1 billion when they have like 800m worth of Debt and 70m of interest payments.

Because owning them is like being given permission to print money. They are the most popular club on the planet.

fair enough you can probably count villa out as Randy Lerner is a pretty big player in his own right,  but the rest are better value such as spurs, everton, portsmouth, west ham.

Why are we such a great deal compared to them?  Do you really believe we would get promoted straight away?  These billionaires buy football clubs to have fun, for bragging rights, to show off their wealth.    

Buying NUFC aint really bragging rights is it? when we are down at the dumps in the championship playing against Doncaster.  A club to be reknowned for going tits up almost every season.  A team known to employ 5 different managers in 2 seasons.  

come on man,  who;s deluded?   you tell me,.   We need to take off our geordie hats and see it for how it is.   Foreign billionaires really don't give a f*** about geordie passion and all that.  

Srsly, how the fuck are the Dubai royals in a position to spunk money on a football club? They really aren't, not right now.

Do i detect the merest hint of jealousy there GG? ;D

Not really. Dubai are bankrupt and Abu Dhabi have been buying up and insuring all their assets. Although it probably makes sense to buy a seemingly (currently) lesser club than Man City and building it up, rather than buying a direct competitor.

Srsly, how the f*** are the Dubai royals in a position to spunk money on a football club? They really aren't, not right now.

As far as i know those people don't run out of fucking money..

not as long as black shit comes out the ground, and people drive cars.

Abu Dhabi has oil. Dubai doesn't. (relatively)

Abu Dhabi own half of Dubai nowadays. Dubai has had to pipe down, somewhat, following their property crash.

Guest Heneage

Srsly, how the f*** are the Dubai royals in a position to spunk money on a football club? They really aren't, not right now.

Do i detect the merest hint of jealousy there GG? ;D

Not really. Dubai are bankrupt and Abu Dhabi have been buying up and insuring all their assets. Although it probably makes sense to buy a seemingly (currently) lesser club than Man City and building it up, rather than buying a direct competitor.

Well jealous.

D.I.C isn't just the Dubai royals.  Its a company that invests money for various rich people and companies.  Including Dubai Holdings which is the Dubai royal families money.  I think it also includes the president of the UAE, he founded the company anyway so I assume he's still involved?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/23/business/worldbusiness/23iht-uaebonds.4.20377905.html?_r=1

I can't see how 6 months later they're in a position to spunk money on a football club, because, let's face it, football clubs aren't prudent investments in the short-term at least.

As far as i know those people don't run out of fucking money..

not as long as black shit comes out the ground, and people drive cars.

Abu Dhabi has oil. Dubai doesn't. (relatively)

Abu Dhabi own half of Dubai nowadays. Dubai has had to pipe down, somewhat, following their property crash.

look, oil fits my stereotype thinking of the middle east, it will do for me, bollox to being right or not.

fair enough you can probably count villa out as Randy Lerner is a pretty big player in his own right,  but the rest are better value such as spurs, everton, portsmouth, west ham.

Why are we such a great deal compared to them?  Do you really believe we would get promoted straight away?  These billionaires buy football clubs to have fun, for bragging rights, to show off their wealth.    

Buying NUFC aint really bragging rights is it? when we are down at the dumps in the championship playing against Doncaster.  A club to be reknowned for going tits up almost every season.  A team known to employ 5 different managers in 2 seasons.  

come on man,  who;s deluded?   you tell me,.   We need to take off our geordie hats and see it for how it is.   Foreign billionaires really don't give a f*** about geordie passion and all that.  

What makes us a better deal then them, we're actually for sale maybe?  Again why does it matter so much that we're currently in the Championship if a billionaire is wanting to pump massive sums of money into a club?  That kind of money would guarentee promotion anyway.  The fact is we're a very big name club with a top notch stadium, training facilities and fan base.  We've been terribly mis-managed since the days we played some of the best in the world in the Champions League.  However we're still known world wide and any new owner has to have the confidence that under his/their management we won't be badly managed and so won't go tits up.

It only takes someone with a bit of vision (or a fan who isn't wallowing in self pitty) to see what this club could be under the right management.  Wether D.I.C are those people is another question though.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6736658.ece?token=null&offset=12&page=2

The understanding remains that Keith Harris, the executive chairman of Seymour Pierce, who has returned from a short break, is in painstaking negotiations with two or three serious groups, but the pace of talks is desperately slow. It is understandable, given the black hole at the centre of the club’s finances, the £67 million annual wage bill and the diminishing assets.

We know that one of the groups involves Shepherd and there is a belief that another emanates from the United States, but when it began due diligence, a confidentiality agreement was reached. The position could still change quickly, but the more time elapses, the more that optimism ebbs away.

Still fuck all about Dubai.

Guest kirkpatrick9

fair enough you can probably count villa out as Randy Lerner is a pretty big player in his own right,  but the rest are better value such as spurs, everton, portsmouth, west ham.

Why are we such a great deal compared to them?  Do you really believe we would get promoted straight away?  These billionaires buy football clubs to have fun, for bragging rights, to show off their wealth.   

Buying NUFC aint really bragging rights is it? when we are down at the dumps in the championship playing against Doncaster.  A club to be reknowned for going tits up almost every season.  A team known to employ 5 different managers in 2 seasons. 

come on man,  who;s deluded?  you tell me,.  We need to take off our geordie hats and see it for how it is.  Foreign billionaires really don't give a f*** about geordie passion and all that. 

What makes us a better deal then them, we're actually for sale maybe?  Again why does it matter so much that we're currently in the Championship if a billionaire is wanting to pump massive sums of money into a club?  That kind of money would guarentee promotion anyway.  The fact is we're a very big name club with a top notch stadium, training facilities and fan base.  We've been terribly mis-managed since the days we played some of the best in the world in the Champions League.  However we're still known world wide and any new owner has to have the confidence that under his/their management we won't be badly managed and so won't go tits up.

It only takes someone with a bit of vision (or a fan who isn't wallowing in self pitty) to see what this club could be under the right management.  Wether D.I.C are those people is another question though.

All you have to do is look at it objectively... Fan base, the fact we still maintained top 20 turnover in Europe without European football, stadium etc.

Oh, and:

No one knows anything, from Shearer down. Here is an extract from a recent conversation with a Newcastle player:

Question: What have you heard?

Answer: Nothing.

Q: What have you been told?

A: Nothing.

Q: What’s the mood like?

A: It’s all right. It’s obvious which lads want to go and who wants to stay.

Q: So what do you think?

A: Well, what do you think? It’s a mess, isn’t it? Shambles.

But a load of people on the internet 'know'. :lol:

Oh, and:

No one knows anything, from Shearer down. Here is an extract from a recent conversation with a Newcastle player:

Are players usually called into board meetings about the future of the club? :)

I hate to have to sound as if I believe this Dubai thing, because I'm just waiting to see like anyone else.  But I don't see how a player knowing nowt means much at all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The fact that we, the fans, keeping buy all the cheap tacky merchandise is enough for any Billionaire to think about coming in and buy the club. Seemed to be what got Ashley's attention. Obviously TV money too.

But if you've got to think that potential buyers look at this club, and see it as a cash cow if they get to be successful. We are at times fickle fans, look how long FFS was able to milk our wallets with a few big signings a season to glaze over the cracks.

D.I.C isn't just the Dubai royals.  Its a company that invests money for various rich people and companies.  Including Dubai Holdings which is the Dubai royal families money.  I think it also includes the president of the UAE, he founded the company anyway so I assume he's still involved?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/23/business/worldbusiness/23iht-uaebonds.4.20377905.html?_r=1

I can't see how 6 months later they're in a position to spunk money on a football club, because, let's face it, football clubs aren't prudent investments in the short-term at least.

Is there actually something in that article I didn't fully read (:)) about D.I.C itself?  Because like I said D.I.C is an investment company that handles lots of big investers money according to them, not just Dubai's.

Oh, and:

I hate to have to sound as if I believe this Dubai thing, because I'm just waiting to see like anyone else. But I don't see how a player knowing nowt means much at all.

I meant more the bit where he says 'No one knows anything, from Shearer down.'. Not one of the journalists, the people whose very job it is to find out stuff like this, have ran with it.

Do people trusted enough to know about these kind of things normally go around blabbing?

I hope it's right, I really do. But I think it's a load of bullshit. That's not to say Thomo is lying, just that whoever told him (or him etc) is making it up and/or being very over-optimistic based on rumours they were told.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6736658.ece?token=null&offset=12&page=2

The understanding remains that Keith Harris, the executive chairman of Seymour Pierce, who has returned from a short break, is in painstaking negotiations with two or three serious groups, but the pace of talks is desperately slow. It is understandable, given the black hole at the centre of the club’s finances, the £67 million annual wage bill and the diminishing assets.

We know that one of the groups involves Shepherd and there is a belief that another emanates from the United States, but when it began due diligence, a confidentiality agreement was reached. The position could still change quickly, but the more time elapses, the more that optimism ebbs away.

Still fuck all about Dubai.

See now this has been getting on my tits for a while, where on earth do these papers keep getting these wage bill figures from?  We had a wage bill of about 70m last season.  We've released players on at least 17m a year and now we have a wage bill of just 3 million less then before?, now that's some great maths skill for you!

Oh, and:

I hate to have to sound as if I believe this Dubai thing, because I'm just waiting to see like anyone else.  But I don't see how a player knowing nowt means much at all.

I meant more the bit where he says 'No one knows anything, from Shearer down.'. Not one of the journalists, the people whose very job it is to find out stuff like this, have ran with it.

Do people trusted enough up to know about these kind of things normally go around blabbing?

I hope it's right, I really do. But I think it's a load of bullshit. That's not to say Thomo is lying, just that whoever told him (or him etc) is making it up and/or being very over-optimistic based on rumours they were told.

I have to admit I'm feeling less and less optimistic about this rumour :(

Well the rumour mentioned "a few days" and I definitely feel that the press literally dont have a clue.

I have deliberately told myself not to get over excited about this particular rumour but for myself I will give it until Thursday and if nothing has broken just accept it was 100% bollocks.

Basically none of us should believe a single thing until it happens. It will make life a whole lot more bearable