RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest antz1uk

with the additions of the following we can also add roughly these figures too

collicini - 50k

guittierez - 50k

bassong - 5k

guthrie - 20k

xisco - 40k

and that great signing for the year... gonzalez?? god knows ???  :undecided:

thats around 8.5m to add to the reduced bill

jeeeezuz   ???

The numbers game:

Total wage bill: £62.3 m - up from £52.1m in 2007

Monies owed to Allardyce: £4.6m

Amount Ashley paid for club: £134.4m

Extra cash Ashley has poured into club: £110m

Total loss for year ending June 2008: £20m

right, so as of june 08 our wage & salary outlay was  62.3m + we'll say around 8m for the players signed from then = just over 70m, then we have reduced the wages by around 22m = currently the wage bill @ approx £48m

Makes you wonder where freddy would have taken the wage bill trying to get back in the top5/4. 

He would have busted the club, having to offer higher and higher wages each time.

just done a quick research on the wages, last reported wage bill was as of august last year @ £72m

i have noted who has left and a rough guesstimate at what they were on.....

viduka 70,000.00 wk 3,640,000.00 yr

owen 105,000.00 5,460,000.00

cacapa 40,000.00 2,080,000.00

lovenkra 15,000.00 780,000.00

bassong 5,000.00         260,000.00

martins 60,000.00 3,120,000.00

beye 40,000.00 2,080,000.00

edgar 5,000.00           260,000.00

given 50,000.00 2,600,000.00

milner 25,000.00 1,300,000.00

nzogbia 20,000.00 1,040,000.00

Totals 435,000.00wk 22,620,000.00 yr

thats the wages down around 22m off same time last year

Quite conservative estimates on player wages like and I think the 72m was our wage after Milner had gone and we'd brought in the likes of Coloccini, Xisco, Gonzales ect.  Either way I think the final estimate of around £22m sounds about right to me.

collicini - 50k

guittierez - 50k

bassong - 5k

guthrie - 20k

xisco - 40k

jeeeezuz   ???

No mate, our wage bill was £72m after signing those players (they all signed by August).

EDIT: Ah just saw your edited post, yeah I think that's about right apart from needing to add Nolan and Taylor, so I'd say our wage bill will be in the low to mid fifties now.

You're talking as if all clubs in each league are created equal mate, they aren't.  Our revenue is likely to be 3 times that of any other club in the league.  £50m for a club with a revenue of over 50m per year and a Championship level wage bill (which I think was what Sicko was saying Ashley might want to achieve) would be incredibly attractive to any buyer.

Having said that I don't believe he'll look to do that as imo if he stays it will be with the intention of getting back into the Premiership were he would immediately put the club up for sale again so he can get more money back.

The original point was(conveniently) deleted before that quote though. The person i actually responded to suggested selling pretty much everyone them Ashley taking £50m. The reality is totally different hence my point. Tell me would you buy tickets to watch our reserves when the vast majority of our first team were sold over a 12 month period? Our revenue would be dragged back down to the other teams levels if Ashley remained that long and sold so many.

Think this raises an interesting point, which I have been thinking about for a while. The club is worth far more to a new buyer than it is to Ashley as he must know that season ticket sales will be far lower if he's in charge. This is why I can't understand how a deal is taking so long to complete, you would think the buyer and seller could easily find a point between the two values which is beneficial to both. Sadly I think Ashley has no clue of what it is worth and is just trying to claw ever penny he can out of it  but will probably end up making nothing.

Guest antz1uk

collicini - 50k

guittierez - 50k

bassong - 5k

guthrie - 20k

xisco - 40k

jeeeezuz   ???

The numbers game:

right, so as of june 08 our wage & salary outlay was  62.3m + we'll say around 8m for the players signed from then = just over 70m, then we have reduced the wages by around 22m = currently the wage bill @ approx £48m

lol well thats what i got it to be around after working the figures out with the incomings and outgoings so it wasnt far away, however, we will have received around 40m from tv money, but not sure how much the parachute payment is? anyone?

Guest antz1uk

You're talking as if all clubs in each league are created equal mate, they aren't.  Our revenue is likely to be 3 times that of any other club in the league.  £50m for a club with a revenue of over 50m per year and a Championship level wage bill (which I think was what Sicko was saying Ashley might want to achieve) would be incredibly attractive to any buyer.

Having said that I don't believe he'll look to do that as imo if he stays it will be with the intention of getting back into the Premiership were he would immediately put the club up for sale again so he can get more money back.

The original point was(conveniently) deleted before that quote though. The person i actually responded to suggested selling pretty much everyone them Ashley taking £50m. The reality is totally different hence my point. Tell me would you buy tickets to watch our reserves when the vast majority of our first team were sold over a 12 month period? Our revenue would be dragged back down to the other teams levels if Ashley remained that long and sold so many.

Think this raises an interesting point, which I have been thinking about for a while. The club is worth far more to a new buyer than it is to Ashley as he must know that season ticket sales will be far lower if he's in charge. This is why I can't understand how a deal is taking so long to complete, you would think the buyer and seller could easily find a point between the two values which is beneficial to both. Sadly I think Ashley has no clue of what it is worth and is just trying to claw ever penny he can out of it  but will probably end up making nothing.

the club is worht far more to any potential investor already for 1 reason alone, they havent got the loss that he has, they will hopefully be starting with a pretty clean slate, but then again, who knows what is owed to who, and by whom  :idiot2:

Guest sicko2ndbest

collicini - 50k

guittierez - 50k

bassong - 5k

guthrie - 20k

xisco - 40k

jeeeezuz   ???

No mate, our wage bill was £72m after signing those players (they all signed by August).

EDIT: Ah just saw your edited post, yeah I think that's about right apart from needing to add Nolan and Taylor, so I'd say our wage bill will be in the low to mid fifties now.

Youve also so got the transfer fees for Bassong Bey and Martins which will go towrds paying the wages. So as things stand now i reckon the wage bill is around 50mil a year - 20 mil from the transfers. So the club can be self sufficient should it bring in more than 30mil this year!

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6793447.ece

Time running out for Barry Moat's takeover of Newcastle United

George Caulkin

Wednesday morning brought no new developments on the long-running Newcastle United takeover saga, with representatives of the club still locked in painstaking negotiations with Barry Moat, the Tyneside businessman.

Moat remains the preferred bidder of Seymour Pierce, the investment bank appointed by Mike Ashley to sell Newcastle, but disagreements over price are still to be resolved. Ashley, the club’s present owner, has been seeking £100 million, a price which neither Moat or any other bidder have been prepared to pay.

Rumours of Middle Eastern interest in Newcastle have again emerged, but Seymour Pierce have not been contacted recently by any party they regard as substantive. The viability of Moat’s candidacy has been played down by Ashley’s representatives, although that is understood to be connected to an alleged falling-out between the two men. It is Moat’s bid which Seymour Pierce have recommended.

The chances of a deal being struck between Moat and Newcastle before this weekend now appear remote, a scenario which would leave Ashley in a dilemma. The Times reported earlier this week that Ashley intended to withdraw the club from the market and appoint David O’Leary as manager should Moat not demonstrate his intent by placing a refundable deposit of up to £25m into an independent bank account.

Both Ashley and Moat - who is a high-profile sponsor and box-holder at St James’ Park - are due to attend the same function prior to this Saturday’s home match against Reading, but the window of opportunity for Newcastle’s owner - whether current or prospective - is fast diminishing.

Once the transfer market closes, there will be no scope to refashion a first-team squad which, to date, has not been strengthened by the addition of a single player and there would be no incentive for a takeover to be completed before January at the very earliest.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6793447.ece

George Caulkin

Once the transfer market closes, there will be no scope to refashion a first-team squad which, to date, has not been strengthened by the addition of a single player and there would be no incentive for a takeover to be completed before January at the very earliest.

No incentive?  How about being able to bring in a competent manager as well as more money from ticket sales?

collicini - 50k

guittierez - 50k

bassong - 5k

guthrie - 20k

xisco - 40k

jeeeezuz   ???

The numbers game:

lol well thats what i got it to be around after working the figures out with the incomings and outgoings so it wasnt far away, however, we will have received around 40m from tv money, but not sure how much the parachute payment is? anyone?

The last audited reported wage figure was £70 million (excluding Allardyce’s settlement) .for the year to 30th June 2008.

The figures in the Telegraph article exclude National Insurance and Pension costs, which costs the club another 11% on top of the basic wage.

But you are right in that the £70 million would include all the players who were here during the year to 30th June (incl ex players like Milner and Faye) and the wages of the following wouldn’t be included in the £70 million:

Jonas

Collocini

Guthrie

Xisco

Bassong

Nolan.

Raylor

To get an estimate off the wage level now you need to add whatever we think that lot are on (adding 11%) before you take off the £22 million.

Pretty sure that's wrong and those numbers are from 06-07 and 05-06 respectively.

Yeah you're right.  52.1m was 2006, 62.3m was 2007 and 2008 was 70m (as of June).  We then sold Emre, Rozenhal, Faye and Milner and brought in Jonas, Bassong, Guthrie, Coloccini, Xisco and Gonzales.  I think the wage bill was then supposed to be up to £72m according to the rags.  Which sounds about right (£8m saved from Emre, Faye ect and £10m added for Coloccini, Jonas ect).  So if we have removed £22m since then we should have a wage of about £50m

Pretty sure that's wrong and those numbers are from 06-07 and 05-06 respectively.

just going off the telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/4322723/Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley-to-address-escalating-wage-bill.html

They've got their numbers wrong, turnover in 07-08 was nearly £100m, which would make the ratio 62% not 70% if the wage bill was only £62.3m.

I think many mistake revenue/turnover for cash on here - for instance we stated £99m in turnover in the June 2008 accounts but £29m of that was internal management charges which didn't generate any cash whatesoever. 

Additionally, part of that was sponsorship, the cash being already banked by Shepherd previously - so our actual income in cash terms wasn't any greater than £70m for the year ended June 2008.

We had a cr*p year last year with falls in revenue in media, sponsorship and gate receipts - so I'd be curious as to what people actualy think we made this last year.

Next year aside from parachute payment, we get a piddly amount from TV money, no setanta, huge drop in sponsorship and a drop in gate receipts.

The last audited reported wage figure was £70 million (excluding Allardyce’s settlement) .for the year to 30th June 2008.

The figures in the Telegraph article exclude National Insurance and Pension costs, which costs the club another 11% on top of the basic wage.

But you are right in that the £70 million would include all the players who were here during the year to 30th June (incl ex players like Milner and Faye) and the wages of the following wouldn’t be included in the £70 million:

Jonas

Collocini

Guthrie

Xisco

Bassong

Nolan.

Raylor

To get an estimate off the wage level now you need to add whatever we think that lot are on (adding 11%) before you take off the £22 million.

As well as removing whatever we think Emre, Faye, Milner and Rozenhal were on as they all left after June.

just going off the telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/4322723/Newcastle-owner-Mike-Ashley-to-address-escalating-wage-bill.html

They've got their numbers wrong, turnover in 07-08 was nearly £100m, which would make the ratio 62% not 70% if the wage bill was only £62.3m.

The numbers are right, they exclude National Insurance and Pension costs (11%).

The last audited reported wage figure was £70 million (excluding Allardyces settlement) .for the year to 30th June 2008.

But you are right in that the £70 million would include all the players who were here during the year to 30th June (incl ex players like Milner and Faye) and the wages of the following wouldnt be included in the £70 million:

Jonas

Collocini

Guthrie

Xisco

Bassong

Nolan.

Raylor

As well as removing whatever we think Emre, Faye, Milner and Rozenhal were on as they all left after June.

Yeah that's right.

It would be fucking great if we could get ourselves back up quickly and have a comfortable wage bill for the first time in god knows how many years. Such a fucking disgrace that any business we might do incoming is going to be done at the very last minute. Just trying to be positive like but it would be/have been a sort of blessing in disguise if we could have got rid of all of the huge earners and brought in players on a more manageable salary who can actually play together on the pitch and produce results.

I think many mistake revenue/turnover for cash on here - for instance we stated £99m in turnover in the June 2008 accounts but £29m of that was internal management charges which didn't generate any cash whatesoever. 

Additionally, part of that was sponsorship, the cash being already banked by Shepherd previously - so our actual income in cash terms wasn't any greater than £70m for the year ended June 2008.

We had a cr*p year last year with falls in revenue in media, sponsorship and gate receipts - so I'd be curious as to what people actualy think we made this last year.

Next year aside from parachute payment, we get a piddly amount from TV money, no setanta, huge drop in sponsorship and a drop in gate receipts.

What internal management charges?  The £99m came from:

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

Commercial revenue - £26m

= £99M