RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this is obviously a plot by Moat and Shearer

"howay lads, the bid isn't quite ready, them load over at N-O will be gonig nuts if we don't say something"

"OK, lets make up a rumour, it'll have the advantage of giving them all something to read all afternoon while we sign the papers and do the deal"

"k, good plan...how ridiculous can we get?"

"oooh, make up a story that they want to be run like barcalona, only to set it up in 2 weeks"

"brill""

"what about a fake press conference story?"

" don't be daft, thats been done to death, Dave will kill us!"

Guest chanoey

Roberts said: 'We are called Fans 410, it is some people I know who want to buy a football club and we have approached Newcastle and we have a meeting tomorrow with the chairman and that is where we are at the moment.

:facepalm:

Roberts said: 'We are called Fans 410, it is some people I know who want to buy a football club and we have approached Newcastle and we have a meeting tomorrow with the chairman and that is where we are at the moment.

Random, go and buy another one instead.

If this Roberts meeting and possible bid is true, it's only going to serve to prolong this sale and keep us out of the transfer window (assuming that Moat's can actually buy the club). What a f***ing fiasco.

Not sure if i want people owning us who just wanted to buy A football club.  It'll just be the same mess over all over again. #

You need to be a fucking black belt at club ownership to run this mad house, not some jacky that turns up for one lesson.

If this Roberts meeting and possible bid is true, it's only going to serve to prolong this sale and keep us out of the transfer window (assuming that Moat's can actually buy the club). What a f***ing fiasco.

At this point in time I would sooner Ashley just called the whole sale thing off. The press are already saying the moat deal is unlikely and we really need to concerntrate now on the season, there's only 12 days left of this transfer window and we need a manager and some semblance of a squad.

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure if i want people owning us who just wanted to buy A football club.  It'll just be the same mess over all over again. #

You need to be a f***ing black belt at club ownership to run this mad house, not some jacky that turns up for one lesson.

Agree

I just cant see how this model can feasibly work within a 12 month period let alone 12 days

You need to be a f***ing black belt at club ownership to run this mad house, not some jacky that turns up for one lesson.

Agree

I just cant see how this model can feasibly work within a 12 month period let alone 12 days

it can't,

so I shall now officially ignore this bid...

next week......weekend......delay.....next week......weekend......delay.....next week......weekend......delay.....next week......weekend......delay.....next week......weekend......delay.....

and still have someone said  "no news, what a surprise !"

:facepalm: :facepalm:

At this point in time I would sooner Ashley just called the whole sale thing off. The press are already saying the moat deal is unlikely and we really need to concerntrate now on the season, there's only 12 days left of this transfer window and we need a manager and some semblance of a squad.

If he calls the sale off there's no need to worry about how many days there are left to the transfer window, because Ashley is leaving the decision so late on purpose so he doesn't have to invest in a proper manager or expensive players. Expect Kinnear or Hughton to get the job and maybe a couple of loan signings. Fat Ash will think he's done a grand job and will sit back and wait for promotion.

Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh...Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh...Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh

Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh...Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh...Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh.....Great fans, Shearer In, No debt...Money? oh

You didn't say Great Fans anywhere near enough tbh.

Guest Phil K

Don't know about that - I watched that ex-Spuds/Rangers/Liverpool player (forgot his name) on SSN today and was for the first time wanting Ashley not to go - if HE's an example of who is bidding for the club.

If he calls the sale off there's no need to worry about how many days there are left to the transfer window, because Ashley is leaving the decision so late on purpose so he doesn't have to invest in a proper manager or expensive players. Expect Kinnear or Hughton to get the job and maybe a couple of loan signings. Fat Ash will think he's done a grand job and will sit back and wait for promotion.

I'm still not buying into the Ashley killing the club on purpose crap. I'm sorry but he's not rich enough to want to just throw about a quarter of a billion pounds, just because he hates all Geordies. Clueless yes, and absolutely can see him hiring the likes of Hughton or JFK. But I would sooner this one is put to bed, the uncertainty is killing us and since the sale looks as far off as ever, lets just concerntrate on making the best of a bad situation. He clearly doesn't want to own the club anymore and we obviously don't want him but surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that this is not the right market to be trying to sell the club for a price he regards as reasonable.  If he can get a manager in and sort out the squad, there's fuck all in this division, so promotion is more than just possible. Then his asset if worth a whole lot more next year, of course that would mean we go through this shit again next season, but I think that's inevitable anyway.

In all fairness, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this lot had the money. What they're proposing basically is similar to the way Real Madrid etc vote in a president every so many years. Yes, supporters will be allowed to vote on this, but rest assured you will have to pay for this. They'll charge  membership annually, there will be no perks apart from being allowed to vote on club related matters.

If, for instance 50,000 people a year sign up for this at £100 per year, that's £5 Million a year. I would imagine there would be no limit to how many you could buy, so that figure could be quite conservative. This is how they will probably recoup a chunk of their investment as the vehicle for the voting options would no doubt be a seperate entity to the club.

I could be completely barking up the wrong tree, but I'd expect that it would be popular with a lot of fans as they'd be able to have a "say" in some club related matters. The worrying thing is though this works at Barcelona and Real because they are hugely successful generating far more money than we ever could in the present climate. Even back in the Premiership we'd still need a hugely wealthy benefactor to play catch up with even the likes of Spurs Aston Villa and the like.

Just can't see it working. The time to have done this was when we were riding high in the Premiership, playing Champions League football. We were generating good amounts of money, and had that been sustained this model would have almost certainly have worked. The fan bases are pretty similar in terms of passion, but Real and Barcelona have far bigger worldwide appeal, which helps them in terms of being self sufficient.

I'd settle for some strong leadership from someone who wants to run the club and has the clubs interests first, for the next couple of years.

No fan buyouts, no buillshit.  Just stability for a while.

I'm still not buying into the Ashley killing the club on purpose crap. I'm sorry but he's not rich enough to want to just throw about a quarter of a billion pounds, just because he hates all Geordies. Clueless yes, and absolutely can see him hiring the likes of Hughton or JFK. But I would sooner this one is put to bed, the uncertainty is killing us and since the sale looks as far off as ever, lets just concerntrate on making the best of a bad situation. He clearly doesn't want to own the club anymore and we obviously don't want him but surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that this is not the right market to be trying to sell the club for a price he regards as reasonable.  If he can get a manager in and sort out the squad, there's fuck all in this division, so promotion is more than just possible. Then his asset if worth a whole lot more next year, of course that would mean we go through this shit again next season, but I think that's inevitable anyway.

I don't buy into the "killing the club on purpose" crap either, that's not what I was getting at. Ashley just wants to get the best price he can while investing as little as possible. It's what he's done from day one in almost all of the transfer windows. He probably figures the squad has a good shot at getting promotion if he can get a couple of cheap loanees in, but hiring a quality manager will mean spending on players which he doesn't want.

I'm still not buying into the Ashley killing the club on purpose crap. I'm sorry but he's not rich enough to want to just throw about a quarter of a billion pounds, just because he hates all Geordies. Clueless yes, and absolutely can see him hiring the likes of Hughton or JFK. But I would sooner this one is put to bed, the uncertainty is killing us and since the sale looks as far off as ever, lets just concerntrate on making the best of a bad situation. He clearly doesn't want to own the club anymore and we obviously don't want him but surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that this is not the right market to be trying to sell the club for a price he regards as reasonable.  If he can get a manager in and sort out the squad, there's f*** all in this division, so promotion is more than just possible. Then his asset if worth a whole lot more next year, of course that would mean we go through this s*** again next season, but I think that's inevitable anyway.

I don't buy into the "killing the club on purpose" crap either, that's not what I was getting at. Ashley just wants to get the best price he can while investing as little as possible. It's what he's done from day one in almost all of the transfer windows. He probably figures the squad has a good shot at getting promotion if he can get a couple of cheap loanees in, but hiring a quality manager will mean spending on players which he doesn't want.

The thing is we don't even need a quality manager, for this division, just someone who isn't totally clueless (ie. not Hughton or JFK). He can pick one of those guys up, who will be willing to work within financial constraints, pretty easily.

End this now, before the transfer window is lost to us, then we really are fucked because the squad is just not deep enough.

I disagree. We do need a quality manager. And Houghton, Kinnear, and Shearer just don't cut it. A quality manager would be more valuable to the club than anything else right now.

The one thing I am certain of is that if Ashley keeps the club he won't appoint a quality manager.