RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Mick lowes claims Ashley will retain sole control and kinnear will return on a 2 year deal.

wasn't this from earlier in the day

Birmingham's £80m(!) takeover should be completed by October(!).

I wasn't really listening, but I thought she said £18m, which would be equally as shocking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8213407.stm

£81.5m.

Yeah, that's awful really, that someone would be willing to pay that kind of money for a club like Birmingham and yet we're struggling to find a buyer for us at £100m. And people are adamant that all the protests and other assorted hoo-hah surrounding the club doesn't have a detrimental effect!! :lol:

Yeah, that's awful really, that someone would be willing to pay that kind of money for a club like Birmingham and yet we're struggling to find a buyer for us at £100m. And people are adamant that all the protests and other assorted hoo-hah surrounding the club doesn't have a detrimental effect!! :lol:

There is no way that a club that are just about getting 20,000 odd for their early games in their first Premiership season for a couple of years is a more attractive proposition than NUFC - a club that are getting 44,000, in spite of everything that has gone on - just be cause of 1 protest.

Guest Geordiekev

That didn't sound good on the football show :doh: totally threw a downer over the banter on MOTD.. Christ I hate the suspense..

Guest Geordiekev

[

I still think we are about to be sold. No reason at all for Ashley to wait until Monday to announce he is staying.

Apart from seeing how the Palace game went of course.

This is only the fourth game in so Ashley can't get an idea of how the season will pan out... I think we will be sold but don't wanna build my hopes up too high or else I will face a long fall.

There is no way that a club that are just about getting 20,000 odd for their early games in their first Premiership season for a couple of years is a more attractive proposition than NUFC - a club that are getting 44,000, in spite of everything that has gone on - just be cause of 1 protest.

Sorry, I forgot the disclaimer again, didn't I.

If I'd been intending to say that our lack of attractiveness was "just because of 1 protest", I'd have used the phrase "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest." If you look at my post you will see that I did not say "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest" and from that you can hopefully deduce that it was not my intention to say "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest."

So hopefully that clears up the issue of whether or not I was saying "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest."

As for what I was actually trying to say, well given the amount of time it has taken to explain what I'm not saying (which was "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest." in case you've forgotten) I've decided that it's not worth the effort. I'm happy to have simply cleared up the issue of what I wasn't saying (ie "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest.") and so I'm going to quit whilst I'm ahead. People can make up their own mind about it. Just so long as they're aware of what I wasn't saying ("Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest.") that's fine.

O0

No Sale.  Promotion this year.  Build up for promotion season 11/12 after protracted take over talks next close season mean we go into a Premier season way under strength (again).  Blackens the good start we've made in spite of the shit going on that this utter fucking cunt is going to fuck us over yet again.

If I'd been intending to say that our lack of attractiveness was "just because of 1 protest", I'd have used the phrase "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest." If you look at my post you will see that I did not say "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest" and from that you can hopefully deduce that it was not my intention to say "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest."

So hopefully that clears up the issue of whether or not I was saying "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest."

As for what I was actually trying to say, well given the amount of time it has taken to explain what I'm not saying (which was "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest." in case you've forgotten) I've decided that it's not worth the effort. I'm happy to have simply cleared up the issue of what I wasn't saying (ie "Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest.") and so I'm going to quit whilst I'm ahead. People can make up their own mind about it. Just so long as they're aware of what I wasn't saying ("Our lack of attractiveness is just because of 1 protest.") that's fine.

O0

Touchy. :hom:

[

I still think we are about to be sold. No reason at all for Ashley to wait until Monday to announce he is staying.

Apart from seeing how the Palace game went of course.

This is only the fourth game in so Ashley can't get an idea of how the season will pan out... I think we will be sold but don't wanna build my hopes up too high or else I will face a long fall.

No, playing 4 games doesnt constitute a crystal ball but since they dont exist, business people use limited information to make decisions. Its perfectly logical to think he is looking at the performance on the pitch when assessing what to do.

O0

Touchy. :hom:

Feely? :shifty: