RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why the fuck do ppl on here complain about all the shit the press come's up with and then believe anything they say

the press know fuck all about what's happening, hence why they are making up stories each day about the club and probably why the chronicle is writing so little on the subject

I'm pretty certain we've lost Martins, Beye, Bassong, Owen, Duff, Cacapa, Lovenkrands, Viduka and Edgar and brought in Danny Simpson on loan.

I'm also pretty certain that we have no manager and the transfer window shuts in 11 days.

The press don't have to make any shit up.

You're missing neesy's point.

I assumed his point was that the press know nothing? Why else would he point that out other than to say we're all panicking for nothing?

Aye, well. I think in fairness to neesy he was simply questioning why folks are quite so ready to believe the first rumour that gets posted on here, and treat it as gospel truth, before it's even been verified...especially if it's more "bad news"...

There's a fair few of us on here who are running round like Chicken Licken proclaiming that the sky's about to fall in. It's certainly cloudy and not looking too bright, I'd agree....

why the fuck do ppl on here complain about all the shit the press come's up with and then believe anything they say

the press know fuck all about what's happening, hence why they are making up stories each day about the club and probably why the chronicle is writing so little on the subject

I'm pretty certain we've lost Martins, Beye, Bassong, Owen, Duff, Cacapa, Lovenkrands, Viduka and Edgar and brought in Danny Simpson on loan.

I'm also pretty certain that we have no manager and the transfer window shuts in 11 days.

I assumed his point was that the press know nothing? Why else would he point that out other than to say we're all panicking for nothing?

Aye, well. I think in fairness to neesy he was simply questioning why folks are quite so ready to believe the first rumour that gets posted on here, and treat it as gospel truth, before it's even been verified...especially if it's more "bad news"...

There's a fair few of us on here who are running round like Chicken Licken proclaiming that the sky's about to fall in. It's certainly cloudy and not looking too bright, I'd agree....

The stuff I said in my first reply is all fact. A couple of wins against shite opposition doesn't make everything rosy again, unless your name is Mike Ashley of course. Not only is it very easy to believe the bad news stories, we're actively making them ourselves.

The stuff I said in my first reply is all fact. A couple of wins against shite opposition doesn't make everything rosy again, unless your name is Mike Ashley of course. Not only is it very easy to believe the bad news stories, we're actively making them ourselves.

Where have I said that everything in the garden is rosy? Not sure tbh. :undecided:

Anyway, back to the good stuff:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/6069804/Newcastle-United-still-courting-Barry-Moat-as-deal-nears.html

Telegraph Sport understands that negotiations between Moat and Ashley, first disclosed here, are at an advanced stage and a deal could be closed next week.

The two sides are understood to be close to agreeing a price - Ashley is seeking 100million - and Moat's finance is thought to be in place.

Looked fine against Reading and didn't have a bad game against WBA or Sheff Wed after the 45 minute mark

Bollocks. He was woeful in the second half at WBA and nearly gifted Jeffers a goal in the last ten on Wed.

He HAS to go. He's a centre half who can't deal with physical strikers and can't deal with pacy strikers. Its the worst combination possible for the league we're in.

Teams are going to target him and will get joy. Obviously if he is moved on he will have to be replaced but the replacement won't be paid the ridiculous amount we pay Colocinni.

How did he nearly gift Jeffers a goal?

What did he do wrong in the second half vs Brom?

Far too many sheep at SJP, stop listening to what the dickhead next to you says man. Watch him, watch his contribution. Rarely does it involve last ditch tackles and chest thumping, but it CAN be effective.

Fuck off man. You're acting like you see something in Coloccini that no one else does to try and make it look like you're more learned than we are. Everyone says he's shit because he is shit. He is currently offering nothing more than being a body in defence.

He lost Jeffers for that one on one late on. When Jeffers just drifted off him. Just like Luke Moore did before he turned him inside out and Krul had to make the save with his foot. He can't win a fuckin header. Anyone with a bit of pace gets in behind in easily. He marks poorly. He does not defend the box well. If you dispute any of this, plenty of evidence can be provided. Sears will cause him all kinds of problems tomorrow.

So yes, his defending does not involve last ditch tackles or chest thumping. It doesn't involve winning headers or marking effectively either.

Looked fine against Reading and didn't have a bad game against WBA or Sheff Wed after the 45 minute mark

Bollocks. He was woeful in the second half at WBA and nearly gifted Jeffers a goal in the last ten on Wed.

He HAS to go. He's a centre half who can't deal with physical strikers and can't deal with pacy strikers. Its the worst combination possible for the league we're in.

Teams are going to target him and will get joy. Obviously if he is moved on he will have to be replaced but the replacement won't be paid the ridiculous amount we pay Colocinni.

Far too many sheep at SJP, stop listening to what the dickhead next to you says man. Watch him, watch his contribution. Rarely does it involve last ditch tackles and chest thumping, but it CAN be effective.

Fuck off man. You're acting like you see something in Coloccini that no one else does to try and make it look like you're more learned than we are. Everyone says he's shit because he is shit. He is currently offering nothing more than being a body in defence.

He lost Jeffers for that one on one late on. When Jeffers just drifted off him. Just like Luke Moore did before he turned him inside out and Krul had to make the save with his foot. He can't win a fuckin header. Anyone with a bit of pace gets in behind in easily. He marks poorly. He does not defend the box well. If you dispute any of this, plenty of evidence can be provided. Sears will cause him all kinds of problems tomorrow.

So yes, his defending does not involve last ditch tackles or chest thumping. It doesn't involve winning headers or marking effectively either.

There are 4 people in the back 4 and also a bank of 4 midfielders in front of them yet people choose to single out one player for criticism.

Colocinni has played pretty well in our first 3 games, especially considering the derision aimed at him.

We also currently have no one else at the club to come in and play in place of him or 2 pools.

Even if a deal was agreed on Monday as a best case scenario, surely we'd be looking at two or three days at least to get the legal shit done so then we'd be giving any new manager (would Shearer still come at this point?) like two working days to do any transfer dealings. :lol:

Surely the best thing to do for your own mental health is to come to the conclusion that we are going to (regardless of the ownership problem being resolved one way or the other by Monday) be facing a good few months without any substantial player investment being possible.

It's far from desirable, but it is where we are and the sooner people get that into their heads the better. Unless someone from on here comes up with a miraculous windfall and can buy the club outright, and has amazing connections around the footballing world, we simply aren't going to be looking at anything other than a truly torrid time, scrapping for points and hoping that we can somehow evade the inevitable injury crisis that will ensue.

Fucking mess, but there we are. I really don't see the point in torturing yourself any further. Why give the fat cockney cunt the pleasure of knowing he's making thousands of Geordies squirm with anxiety?

f*** off man. You're acting like you see something in Coloccini that no one else does to try and make it look like you're more learned than we are. Everyone says he's s*** because he is s***. He is currently offering nothing more than being a body in defence.

There are 4 people in the back 4 and also a bank of 4 midfielders in front of them yet people choose to single out one player for criticism.

Colocinni has played pretty well in our first 3 games, especially considering the derision aimed at him.

We also currently have no one else at the club to come in and play in place of him or 2 pools.

How many times against Sheff Wed did Coloccini's man get past and leave him chasing back? 

I already know you're going to say never but what the hell.

And what about Taylor?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It has been done before with man city,  personally I believe that we will have a new owner. But thats just me.

f*** off man. You're acting like you see something in Coloccini that no one else does to try and make it look like you're more learned than we are. Everyone says he's s*** because he is s***. He is currently offering nothing more than being a body in defence.

How many times against Sheff Wed did Coloccini's man get past and leave him chasing back? 

And what about Taylor?

What about Taylor? He's a decent prospect but isn't as good as he thinks he is and drops ricks here there and everywhere. Wouldn't sell him either mind.

And what about Taylor?

What about Taylor? He's a decent prospect but isn't as good as he thinks he is and drops ricks here there and everywhere. Wouldn't sell him either mind.

Taylor hardly put a foot wrong against Sheff Wed, you can't say the same for Colo, the reason he's the defender getting picked out is because he's the one making the mistakes.

Not expecting any announcements/news on the takeover whatsoever on Monday. It'll happen if/when it's all finalised.

If it doesn't happen before Sept 1st, at least we know where we stand. 

And what about Taylor?

Taylor hardly put a foot wrong against Sheff Wed, you can't say the same for Colo, the reason he's the defender getting picked out is because he's the one making the mistakes.

No it isn't.

It's because he's the big money buy who was at the centre of the whole Keegan/Ashley/Wise malarky and he stands out cos of his curly mop.

Take the rose tinted specs off about taylor as well. He is too cocky and over confident and plays up to the professional geordie bit with the chest thumping and fan clapping.

And what about Taylor?

No it isn't.

It's because he's the big money buy who was at the centre of the whole Keegan/Ashley/Wise malarky and he stands out cos of his curly mop.

Take the rose tinted specs off about taylor as well. He is too cocky and over confident and plays up to the professional geordie bit with the chest thumping and fan clapping.

What rose-tinted specs?  I've always defended Colo in the past and still do when he doesn't play badly, did you even watch the match?  As I said, in the Sheff Wed game, Taylor didn't put a foot wrong but Colo was suspect a lot of the time.

Guest neesy111

my point was about the press's stories regarding the takeover

they all said there was a deadline last week, this week etc, and they've all got it wrong ffs

the point about the chronicel i've made is a valid one imo, they writing very little compared to the broadsheet's because they are not getting their famous scoup's or source's and they are the most likely i would believe to get these leaks since they are not based in London, (i know ppl will come out with the fact we're being run in London, but Ashley has been spotted in Newcastle quite a bit recently)

things are bad

Guest Geordiekev

Even if a deal was agreed on Monday as a best case scenario, surely we'd be looking at two or three days at least to get the legal s*** done so then we'd be giving any new manager (would Shearer still come at this point?) like two working days to do any transfer dealings. :lol:

I've got my positive head on tonight, the hard work has been done only legal stuff left is to exchange contractual agreements and signatures, funds are cleared but everything is awaiting start of business Monday morning. Shearer or whoever has done their homework and already contacted possible signings hence why their is a lack of movement regarding certain players from various clubs. The sale of the club was never an issue and the time delay has been in getting everything ready for the deal to pass without glitch.

The club will sold Monday and transfers will commence but I still expect to loose certain players over the course of the weekend (agreed prior to sale and possibly not Mike Ashley's decision but with him taking the flack as he is already hated up here)..

Someone forgot to set the alarm clock ...... wake me up when the above has happened.. :doh: