RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some decent debate over the last few pages imo.

Not whaen they are calling each other f***ing loons and bringing up tired old debates. I come on here expecting to hear the latest on the club sale, not this crap, if you want to talk about this nonsense over and over again, start a new bloody thread or take it to PMs.

There was one post where someone called another poster a loon. Other than that it's been good debate. Threads evolve you know, although your post isn't on topic either so why didn't you just PM everyone?

I agree it's not on topic either, but FFS this thread is long enough as it is, stop fucking talking about stuff that's unrelated in it. Take it to another thread, whether it's a good debate, which is highly questionable btw, or not.

So the issue with KK quitting or being forced out has nothing to do with the sale of the club?

When has that been mentioned in the last couple of pages ? The answer is nowhere. It's just turned into another pro KK anti KK debate. Just because he is in some sort of legal wrangle that has a vague baring on the sale of the club, is a convient excuse for people to start off on their old agenda.

I'm sorry, but I'm just sick of people pushing the same message down people's throat, debate about the hear and now, not stuff that's been done to death, over and over again.

Not whaen they are calling each other f***ing loons and bringing up tired old debates. I come on here expecting to hear the latest on the club sale, not this crap, if you want to talk about this nonsense over and over again, start a new bloody thread or take it to PMs.

There was one post where someone called another poster a loon. Other than that it's been good debate. Threads evolve you know, although your post isn't on topic either so why didn't you just PM everyone?

I agree it's not on topic either, but FFS this thread is long enough as it is, stop f***ing talking about stuff that's unrelated in it. Take it to another thread, whether it's a good debate, which is highly questionable btw, or not.

Yes, this thread is too long, only ITK's and Llambias should post on this now.

So the issue with KK quitting or being forced out has nothing to do with the sale of the club?

When has that been mentioned in the last couple of pages ? The answer is nowhere. It's just turned into another pro KK anti KK debate. Just because he is in some sort of legal wrangle that has a vague baring on the sale of the club, is a convient excuse for people to start off on their old agenda.

I'm sorry, but I'm just sick of people pushing the same message down people's throat, debate about the hear and now, not stuff that's been done to death, over and over again.

Of courseits related, people or debating the causes of the sale, sorry if people are sick of this but its one of the most crucial times in the clubs history.

You'll know when summik has kicked in when this thread has everyobne posting in it.

Not whaen they are calling each other fucking loons and bringing up tired old debates. I come on here expecting to hear the latest on the club sale, not this crap, if you want to talk about this nonsense over and over again, start a new bloody thread or take it to PMs.

Err, only one person is into that stuff, I'm sure you noticed really. Why not send him a nice PM and ask him to stop?

There is no take over talk so people are discussing the causes of the eventual sale.

All related.

No it's not related in the slightest. It's just people using it as a veil to cover their own petty little agendas, you've got Bobyule with his "I fucking hate Keegan" stance he's always on, you've got HTL, with his same old "I Love Fat Fred stance and anyone who doesn't is a moron" stance, and then everyone else who gets pissed off with one or both of them chiming in.

It's not related to the club sale at all.

:mackems:

I actually dislike Fat Fred and think he made numerous mistakes. I've said this lots of times before so I'm probably pissing into another empty head by posting it to you.

Of courseits related, people or debating the causes of the sale, sorry if people are sick of this but its one of the most crucial times in the clubs history.

You'll know when summik has kicked in when this thread has everyobne posting in it.

:banghead:  I give up, you're just not listening.

I agree that too many people on here have looked upon Keegan as a God for too long, based purely on his 5 years period in the 90s when he spent just as much, if not more, than other managers around at the time. That was all history when he came back.

Whether Ashley has gone back on promises to KK or not, is immaterial in this discussion. As some once else pointed out earlier in this thread, how many other managers would have spat the dummy because he couldnt get the owner to buy him a left back? I would say, virtually none. I dont buy the argument from KK about Denis Wise involvement either. As far as I recall, KK admitted he knew Wise was going to be appointed  before he came back.

I have no doubts at all that Keegan's ego mplayed a huge part in this whole saga and the biggest mistake Ashley made was appointing a so called fans favourite who would ultimately use his popularity with the fans to try and gain the ascendancy in the club.

Lets be honest here, whereever Keegan has gone in the past, he has not been able to operate without substantial funds and it has been clear for long enough now that the financial state of the club, even before Keegan came back, has been horrendous and needed to be addressed without any further financial deterioration. Keegan wanted his slice, the club could not afford it, Keegan spat his usual dummy and now, we are paying for the consequences. I hope Ashley wins his case againast Keegan, because KK neither deserves or warrants any financial compensation for his role in this whole saga. He should be ashamed of himself. a real bloody con man, if ever I saw one. AND YOU SUPPORTERS MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

More tripe.

Your far flung location sees you detached from reality but really, there is no excuse given the power of the internet.

When Keegan was appointed by fat ash the reality is that people saw him as a manager with some talent who may turn the team into a decent one and who may see us up near the top 6 or so and looking like challengers. Babbling on the way you do about Keegan being seen as a god or something merely goes to show your knowledge of the club and it's supporters is limited to what you read in the media.

Love the reference to YOU SUPPORTERS by the way. That tells a story. I suggest you stick to stuff about australia and leave the Newcastle stuff to those more clued up.

A rather angry and irrational response which rather confirms what macca was saying. Keegan has a status which, in many people's eyes, puts him beyond criticism.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen him described as a 'legend'. I've also found that when you criticise the man, the response is often one of moral outrage, as though you'd pissed on the steps of the Vatican rather than made an observation about a human being who is as flawed as the rest of us.

Not his first though, is it?  Anyone who doesn't agree with him is talking 'tripe' and anyone who lives in Australia (including myself), has to bow to his superior knowledge of all things NUFC.

What a wonderful person to go for a pint before the match with  :fool:

:laugh:

Can't say I've ever noticed you. Who are you?

You won't know this, but people who go to the match disagree, so disagreeing with someone is nowt to do with whether or not someone like you or your mate are in australia, it's more to do with the content of posts made, which exhibit a huge degree of ignorance....or tripe, about Newcastle United.  :idiot2:

:laugh:

Sorry, didn't realise that I needed to have over 100 posts to disagree with you (which we have done in the past over Shepherd). Please let us know your recognition scheme in the future.

The bit in bold...you're making yourself look a bit more of a prick now, you see, I only moved to Australia in Jan this year and had been going to the matches since '82, So I know all about disagreeing, just not in your usual way of completely putting down the other persons point of view.

If it's got nowt to do with macca being in Australia, why did you bring it up and use it against him?

I'll not be expecting a straight answer.

f***ing loon.

You again.  :facepalm:

Mate, I've said nowt about 100 posts. Making stuff up is a bad sign.

If you've been going to matches since 1982 and have recently moved to australia I'm sure you will agree it's much more difficult to maintain a decent grip on what is happening in Newcastle. Macca has lived in australia for years, my point is that he does not have a proper idea of "the feeling" about the club, Ashley or Keegan and it comes across in the content of his posts. His view is based on incomplete information and that is due in some measure to his location. That you find it insulting that I mention is a laugh. Are you going to claim someone on the other side of Planet Earth has the same "feel" for what is happening in Newcastle as those living there or going there on a regular basis?

I've lived abroad as well, so think carefully before you reply. You lied at the top of your last post so I won't be surprised if you do so again.

I'm thinking carefully and did not lie.

I don't think it's hard to keep up to date. I have the internet, lots of mates who go and watch the matches.

Apologies for not actually being 'there' and having the 'feeling'.

You're talking tripe now.

Mate, You completely misunderstand.

You don't need to apologise to me for anything, let alone for not going to matches, for not being "there" and for not having the "feeling". I don't give a shite what you think.

I could easily say the same to you  :rolleyes:

There is no take over talk so people are discussing the causes of the eventual sale.

All related.

No it's not related in the slightest. It's just people using it as a veil to cover their own petty little agendas, you've got Bobyule with his "I f***ing hate Keegan" stance he's always on, you've got HTL, with his same old "I Love Fat Fred stance and anyone who doesn't is a moron" stance, and then everyone else who gets pissed off with one or both of them chiming in.

I actually dislike Fat Fred and think he made numerous mistakes. I've said this lots of times before so I'm probably pissing into another empty head by posting it to you.

Sorry, looking back at some of your posts, you are right I don't see any pro Fred messages.  I had you pegged down as just another NE5 clone when in actual fact your just another, soopafan my opinion is always right and yours is wrong, one issue, poster.

In what way exactly ? You've said it's related and I've countered it's not, and why it's not therefore I clearly listened to your point. However you just repeated what you said and didn't counter my counter, saying this is the most important time for the club. But I'm sorry I don't see a pointless pro KK, anti KK debate being the most important time for the club.

All related.

No it's not related in the slightest. It's just people using it as a veil to cover their own petty little agendas, you've got Bobyule with his "I f***ing hate Keegan" stance he's always on, you've got HTL, with his same old "I Love Fat Fred stance and anyone who doesn't is a moron" stance, and then everyone else who gets pissed off with one or both of them chiming in.

Sorry, looking back at some of your posts, you are right I don't see any pro Fred messages.  I had you pegged down as just another NE5 clone when in actual fact your just another, soopafan my opinion is always right and yours is wrong, one issue, poster.

Such irony.

In what way exactly ? You've said it's related and I've countered it's not, and why it's not therefore I clearly listened to your point. However you just repeated what you said and didn't counter my counter, saying this is the most important time for the club. But I'm sorry I don't see a pointless pro KK, anti KK debate being the most important time for the club.

Yup, irony indeed.

Happens every so often on here, doesn't it?

We're all, to a man or woman, incapable of changing the direction of things now but we've got this pent up frustration and anger about it and for whatever reason we've turned on each other.  The last few pages are nothing but cat kicking really, and we've got to find better uses for that energy.

Yup, irony indeed.

You obviously have no idea about the meaing of the word.

Anyway I've allowed this thread to degenerate to even lower levels, so to everyone else having the misfortune of reading this thread, I'm very sorry. So I'm stepping away from it until you children (and I mean that in a mental state, it's not an oppourtunity for you to tell us how old you are and how many games you've seen) are finished with your little debate.

Go ahead fill your boots, just let us know when it's safe to return.

We're all, to a man or woman, incapable of changing the direction of things now but we've got this pent up frustration and anger about it and for whatever reason we've turned on each other.  The last few pages are nothing but cat kicking really, and we've got to find better uses for that energy.

Couldn't agree more, and I'm as guilty as the next person. Definately stepping away now.

CHARLES SALE: Fraud probe may force Ashley sale

But there is still a rival offer from football entrepreneur Geoff Sheard, who has the backing of a children’s charity foundation. The American directors refute the scepticism of Newcastle’s selling agents Seymour Pierce about their funding capabilities and say Newcastle would not have given them confidential data to analyse if they weren’t considered real contenders.

However, the female CEO has yet to meet Ashley

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1213480/CHARLES-SALE-Fraud-probe-force-Ashley-sale.html#ixzz0R7sltFsq

Why the hell would a children's charity buy a football club?

Good question. I suppose it's as likely as anything else though.

Yup, irony indeed.

You obviously have no idea about the meaing of the word.

Anyway I've allowed this thread to degenerate to even lower levels, so to everyone else having the misfortune of reading this thread, I'm very sorry. So I'm stepping away from it until you children (and I mean that in a mental state, it's not an oppourtunity for you to tell us how old you are and how many games you've seen) are finished with your little debate.

Go ahead fill your boots, just let us know when it's safe to return.

Mate, you really are confusing me with someone else for whom you hold some irrational hatred. I've never once on this forum or any other mentioned how many games I've been to, nor do I believe I'm in anyway superior to anyone based on anything, let alone based on something as irrelevant as my age. It looks from your post that you are attempting to imply the opposite. Nor do I randomly call people names and/or insult anyone, unlike some others. You should stop making stuff up or show me the posts.

Good of you to acknowledge you stepped in with your aggressive tone and ruined what was an interesting couple of pages.

Good post and very true.

But there is still a rival offer from football entrepreneur Geoff Sheard, who has the backing of a children’s charity foundation. The American directors refute the scepticism of Newcastle’s selling agents Seymour Pierce about their funding capabilities and say Newcastle would not have given them confidential data to analyse if they weren’t considered real contenders.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1213480/CHARLES-SALE-Fraud-probe-force-Ashley-sale.html#ixzz0R7sltFsq

Why the hell would a children's charity buy a football club?

Good question. I suppose it's as likely as anything else though.

But i cant see how they are allowed to do it, isn't (charity) foundations supposed to me non profit organizations? (Correct me if i`m dead wrong)

Its utter bullshait imo

If the world freezes over, and they somehow pushes trough, it will be to sell in the summer to cash in some money, without investing a great deal.... Do we want it, i think not.

Trouble is, the Keegan issue is closely linked with the ownership issue, even now. It was Keegan's walkout and the aftermath which initially prompted Ashley to try and sell, and the ensuing instability led to relegation. It's the fact that so many fans hold Ashley entirely responsible for this mess that has led to him baling out. His handling of the Keegan situation is the main reason why his competence and suitability for ownership is held in question by so many.

However, I do feel that the longer the current situation carries on, the less sense it makes for Ashley to go. The only interest has been shown by people who clearly don't have anything like Ashley's financial muscle. The pressure for Ashley to go often feels like his punishment rather than a rational step. Are we really going to better off in the long term under a cash-strapped local businessman?

I know it's unrealistic in the current atmosphere, but I'd have rather seen Ashley given the chance to learn from his mistakes and carry on.

:lol:  The Daily Mail.  :facepalm:

Trouble is, the Keegan issue is closely linked with the ownership issue, even now. It was Keegan's walkout and the aftermath which initially prompted Ashley to try and sell, and the ensuing instability led to relegation. It's the fact that so many fans hold Ashley entirely responsible for this mess that has led to him baling out. His handling of the Keegan situation is the main reason why his competence and suitability for ownership is held in question by so many.

However, I do feel that the longer the current situation carries on, the less sense it makes for Ashley to go. The only interest has been shown by people who clearly don't have anything like Ashley's financial muscle. The pressure for Ashley to go often feels like his punishment rather than a rational step. Are we really going to better off in the long term under a cash-strapped local businessman?

I know it's unrealistic in the current atmosphere, but I'd have rather seen Ashley given the chance to learn from his mistakes and carry on.

Did he not have such an opportunity in May but decided to put the club up for sale yet again making the same old mistakes and if the clubs not sold soon have we just more of the same from him to look forward to in January/Summer 2010?