RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest VegasToon

Just trying to make this thread interesting again.  The constant bickering between old regimes and new regimes and possible future regimes is so fucking annoying.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/jwclark2342/KarlaSpice142.jpg

Just trying to make this thread interesting again.  The constant bickering between old regimes and new regimes and possible future regimes is so f***ing annoying.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/jwclark2342/KarlaSpice142.jpg

for some reason some think that if you think fred made some mistakes and was taking the club backwards means you want to have ashleys children.

nce pic btw,makes we want apple pie for some reason.

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bacon-bikini-nsfw.jpg

Is that bacon?

Looks like bacon, but I'm pretty sure if you stuck your hand in it would smell like fish.

Needs some sauce

Bacon is good for you...

Guest ToonBart

The Times

The protracted takeover saga at Newcastle United could come to a close this weekend, with Barry Moat, the Tyneside-based businessman, increasingly optimistic that his attempt to buy the Coca-Cola Championship club from Mike Ashley will prove successful.

With Kevin Keegan’s case for constructive dismissal against Newcastle set to be concluded by Friday — the former manager, who left the club a year ago, is understood to have rejected a £4 million compromise offer to settle — another obstacle to completing the takeover will be removed.

At issue has been the structure of payments for the £100 million that Ashley has been demanding for Newcastle, any possible bonuses in the event of their promotion this season and the working overdraft that Barclays is prepared to provide.

While all manner of deadlines have elapsed without resolution since Ashley declared his intention to sell Newcastle in the aftermath of their relegation from the Barclays Premier League, the mood among Moat’s associates is now resolutely positive. Moat’s consortium is believed to have an American influence.

Newcastle have performed well under Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood this season, but the club still have no permanent manager or long-term strategy in place. Moat’s intention has always been to appoint Alan Shearer, his friend, to the position he briefly filled at the end of last season.

Keegan’s case is being examined by an independent Premier League arbitration panel at which the former England manager has given evidence. Keegan has claimed that he was effectively forced out after allegedly having new players imposed upon him, while Newcastle’s counter-argument is that he breached his contract, which had three more years to run.

Alan Shearer lined up for St James' Park return as Mike Ashley nears deal to sell Newcastle

By Michael Walker and COLIN YOUNG

Last updated at 1:22 AM on 23rd September 2009

* Comments (0)

* Add to My Stories

Mike Ashley's protracted sale of Newcastle may be reaching a conclusion four months after the beleaguered owner put the club back on the market.

There was fresh optimism last night that would-be buyer Barry Moat has found the backing to convince Barclays Bank that he can fund a takeover, which would lead to the return of Alan Shearer to St James' Park as manager.

Alan Shearer

Back in Toon: Alan Shearer could return as manager

Moat has to demonstrate to Shearer that he has money for team building, as well as to buy from Ashley.

Newcastle released a statement on Friday saying 'all parties involved are at sale and purchase stage', and now senior staff at the club have been told to brace themselves 'for a big week'.

Moat, who is unlikely to pay the £100million asking price, had run into trouble funding his bid when Barclays told him they would not maintain Newcastle's estimated £39m overdraft facility.

It was thought Barclays wanted this cut to £25m but it is understood the bank's demand was for the overdraft to be reduced to £10m.

Moat has spent the time since trying to find the required investment and now looks to be on the brink of success.

mail reporting this

Guest sicko2ndbest

If the Keegan affair is what is holding the case up then i can see the end in sight.

I am astonished KK (if what is wrote is to be believed?) hasnt accepted a smaller sum 4m ish compared to the 8m he is going for.

I am not holding my breath

If the Keegan affair is what is holding the case up then i can see the end in sight.

I am astonished KK (if what is wrote is to be believed?) hasnt accepted a smaller sum 4m ish compared to the 8m he is going for.

I am not holding my breath

Not saying I'm happy about it, but astonished? Would you settle for £4m when there is a good chance you could get £8m?

He is really self centered I don't want him closer to this club ever again. A person like SBR or Alan Shearer never do something like this to our Wor club........ NEVER.....

SBR sued the club.

I dont post very often, but that has just made me piss my knickers for some reason ;D ;D

Guest Wally_McFool

He is really self centered I don't want him closer to this club ever again. A person like SBR or Alan Shearer never do something like this to our Wor club........ NEVER.....

SBR sued the club.

I dont post very often, but that has just made me piss my knickers for some reason ;D ;D

In which case I hope your name is Samantha and not Samuel. :coolsmiley: