RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He is really self centered I don't want him closer to this club ever again. A person like SBR or Alan Shearer never do something like this to our Wor club........ NEVER.....

SBR sued the club.

And SBR never broke a contract in his entire career.

And ?

when Rudd Gullit was sacked, he told Freddy shepherd he didnt want a penny in compensation, for the time ruud gullit was here and for him being inept at his man management, arguing with shearer and not giving rob lee a squad number, i despised the man, i thought he was completely inept in his actions, but for him to walk away without a penny i think that spoke volumes about him, also looking back on it after years to reflect, maybe he saw just how much influence shearer had on the club, yes he is a club legend, but there is many a person said he had far too much influence when he a player. no playe should ever be able to run the team, that is the 'gaffers' job.

I think the keegan thing is more of a principal than a money issue, he wants to win this to prove he was correct (not that i am saying i agree with that) but we all know how stubborn Keegan can be

lets just hope this is the final issue that is preventing the sale of the club and a line can be drawn under it and we can then move forward

when Rudd Gullit was sacked, he told Freddy shepherd he didnt want a penny in compensation, for the time ruud gullit was here and for him being inept at his man management, arguing with shearer and not giving rob lee a squad number, i despised the man, i thought he was completely inept in his actions, but for him to walk away without a penny i think that spoke volumes about him, also looking back on it after years to reflect, maybe he saw just how much influence shearer had on the club, yes he is a club legend, but there is many a person said he had far too much influence when he a player. no playe should ever be able to run the team, that is the 'gaffers' job.

I think the keegan thing is more of a principal than a money issue, he wants to win this to prove he was correct (not that i am saying i agree with that) but we all know how stubborn Keegan can be

lets just hope this is the final issue that is preventing the sale of the club and a line can be drawn under it and we can then move forward

true and fred has always spoke highly of ruud as a man ever since.

true and fred has always spoke highly of ruud as a man ever since.

..and Fred is a good judge of character..!?

If the Keegan affair is what is holding the case up then i can see the end in sight.

I am astonished KK (if what is wrote is to be believed?) hasnt accepted a smaller sum 4m ish compared to the 8m he is going for.

I am not holding my breath

Astonished? He has the choice between £4M with a strict NDA attached to it and an unknown sum with the right to speak his mind. There's no guarantee that Keegan will get £8M -- if money is all he's after, then declining the £4M is a huge gamble.

IF Keegan is only after the money then the the thing he will want to avoid is a Non Disclosure Arrangement, then he can put it all in a book which will be worth a good few bob

you know that is a point even if it is a bit conspiracy theory

People need to stop treating Keegan like a traitor for taking legal action. What he is doing is taking action against Mike Ashley for being a cunt. He isn't betraying us by sueing Newcastle United.  Any money that the club pays out to Keegan will, in one way or another, come out of Ashley's pocket.

Mike Ashley brought used Keegan's love of Newcastle United to bring him back here. Then he shat on him from a great height. I don't blame the guy for sueing Ashley, I would!

People need to stop treating Keegan like a traitor for taking legal action. What he is doing is taking action against Mike Ashley for being a c***. He isn't betraying us by sueing Newcastle United.  Any money that the club pays out to Keegan will, in one way or another, come out of Ashley's pocket.

Mike Ashley brought used Keegan's love of Newcastle United to bring him back here. Then he shat on him from a great height. I don't blame the guy for sueing Ashley, I would!

it won't come out of ashleys pocket you can count on that

People need to stop treating Keegan like a traitor for taking legal action. What he is doing is taking action against Mike Ashley for being a c***. He isn't betraying us by sueing Newcastle United.  Any money that the club pays out to Keegan will, in one way or another, come out of Ashley's pocket.

Yes it will, if its over a certain amount that has already been factored into the price.

Yes it will, if its over a certain amount that has already been factored into the price.

do you not think the price/terms may change depending on the outcome ?

When the club went on the market none of the bidders were given full info about the Keegan claim i.e. no contracts, legal documents etc. - they were given a summary prepared by NUFC's own lawyers, less than a page. They put a likely value on the claim. If it comes in over and above that it potentially has an impact on price - although there are other ways it can be factored in.

Guest Redheugh

When the club went on the market none of the bidders were given full info about the Keegan claim i.e. no contracts, legal documents etc. - they were given a summary prepared by NUFC's own lawyers, less than a page. They put a likely value on the claim. If it comes in over and above that it potentially has an impact on price - although there are other ways it can be factored in.

True

True

:rolleyes:

True

That's that then.