RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bizzarly would be an improvement on the present situation.

It would, and for that reason I wouldn't be entirely impartial to seeing O'Leary as manager. But why go to him first when Curbishley and Strachan, both better managers for my money, are also available?

None of them really know, as we all guessed ages ago. Even the ones who generally talk sense like Caulkin are changing their stories on a daily basis. :no:

Edit - beat me to it madras. :thup:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I like the way they say conflicting reports came out over the weekend! errrr HELLO they've been coming out for the past 2 months!!

Guest Geordiekev

Well if it fails to come off then I will be of the understanding the club was never seriously up for sale and the who charade has been a scam to slash wages and skip yet another transfer window, ffs if he wants 10m more then send Jonas off with collo carrying his luggage and let us start rebuilding a squad that wants to play for the shirt..

But they can keep that prick O'deary either way, he is to Villa fans that Wise is to us..

But conflicting reports over the weekend suggested a deal was close, with talk of Newcastle blocking the sale of two players in the belief a takeover was imminent.

Like who?

Btw instead of printing that they might as well just put 'we're just guessing here, okay?'.

You would think so wouldn't you? yet all those Villa fans hate him with a vengeance.

i'd contemplate souness instead of kinnear or hughton.

I'd contemplate Alan Shearer or Curbishley first. Failing that, if I was a useless fat twat like Ashley I'd contemplate it's time to clear off and give someone with a bit more football knowledge a go.

You would think so wouldn't you? yet all those Villa fans hate him with a vengeance.

I'd contemplate Alan Shearer or Curbishley first. Failing that, if I was a useless fat t*** like Ashley I'd contemplate it's time to clear off and give someone with a bit more football knowledge a go.

without trying to recoup asmuch as possible ?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Well if it fails to come off then I will be of the understanding the club was never seriously up for sale and the who charade has been a scam to slash wages and skip yet another transfer window, ffs if he wants 10m more then send Jonas off with collo carrying his luggage and let us start rebuilding a squad that wants to play for the shirt..

But they can keep that prick O'deary either way, he is to Villa fans that Wise is to us..

Well it wouldn't suprise me if his whole plan was never to sell but to give the impression, sell all the high earners and bring in cheap stock. Then if we get promoted he sells that cheap stock at a profit and he's a hero.

Well it wouldn't suprise me if his whole plan was never to sell but to give the impression, sell all the high earners and bring in cheap stock. Then if we get promoted he sells that cheap stock at a profit and he's a hero.

thats a pretty big "if" ?

Guest Geordiekev

Players I think may have been on hold are Barton (sidelined with a rumour he had kicked off quickly played down post game) and Guthrie, missing due to a supposed slight hamstring injury (as not to risk him), possibly N.Butt although I don't know why I think this.

Just speculation  :blush:

thats a pretty big "if" ?

Not in Ashley's DreamworldTM.

I'd contemplate Alan Shearer or Curbishley first. Failing that, if I was a useless fat t*** like Ashley I'd contemplate it's time to clear off and give someone with a bit more football knowledge a go.

He's not going to recoup much by staying in this division. If he stays in charge that is what we will do.

Still have a great deal of difficulty believing Ashley is so obtuse that he thinks the value of the club is going to rise the longer he holds out. It's just bizarre.

How can it be so obvious to so may people yet still he thinks he can broker a better deal for himself while the club falls a little bit further behind each day that he holds out?

He's not going to recoup much by staying in this division. If he stays in charge that is what we will do.

true...he may think we have enough to be in a good position by january or whatever. he'll do what he considers is financilly best for him and nothing else.