RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest antz1uk

graham wylie, alan beenshill, barry moat and alan rankin with shearer at the helm, at least you would know the club would be ran correctly

Where did you get Wylie's name from?  I read up on him and found out who he is but he hasn't been even rumoured to take over has he?

i just plucked it out of the air like the rest of the lazy journalists, however i just thought it was an educated guess as he is a big newcastle fan, and one of the wealthiest we have that could work in tandem with the rest of them... oh and i live about 200 yards away from his racehorse trainer so i may just have a walk along and ask him if he has any craic  :coolsmiley: lol

graham wylie, alan beenshill, barry moat and alan rankin with shearer at the helm, at least you would know the club would be ran correctly

Where did you get Wylie's name from?  I read up on him and found out who he is but he hasn't been even rumoured to take over has he?

i just plucked it out of the air like the rest of the lazy journalists, however i just thought it was an educated guess as he is a big newcastle fan, and one of the wealthiest we have that could work in tandem with the rest of them... oh and i live about 200 yards away from his racehorse trainer so i may just have a walk along and ask him if he has any craic  :coolsmiley: lol

Wylie would never buy the club.

Happy to be a fan unfortunately

wylie is Toon mad and he has always stated he could never own the club but I think there was a story linking him the last time the club was up foir sale.

wylie, Moat, Rankin and Fitzgerald all know each other canny well but I doubt they would all get together to buy the club.

Wiley is Toon mad and he has always stated he could never own the club but I think there was a story linking him the last time the club was up foir sale.

Wiley, Moat, Rankin and Fitzgerald all know each other canny well but I doubt they would all get together to buy the club.

Will he buy it in time or is he not wearing his Rolex?

As if Ashley can just take £50m out of the club man :lol:

It's still a UK business. I'm no expert but surely HMRC would be on him like a shot if he tried something like that?

50% of £50m is better than 100% of nothing though...

What he could do in theory is sell the players and repay some of the loan he has made to the club - unless he has given a written declaration that the loan would not be called in during a specified period (and of course we are still in that period).

My guess would be that in order to get a clean audit opinion he would have had to provide such a guarantee.

Losing the wages would make the club more attractive, but the transfer fees received should not change the value of the club unless (as has been pointed out somewhere in here before) we are selling at figures grossly over or under what the buyers of the club valued the players at.

WHo would take it off him then? Come on man, only a fool would buy us even for £50m

Thats where your logic fails. 50mil for a club with huge fanbase, top facilities, and LOW wage bill is far more tempting than 100mil for a club with huge fanbase, top facilities, overrated stars and HUGE wage bill!

Good one, pull me up for logic?

Are you even aware theres now under 20 days til the transfer window? Are you even aware how long it would take to sell the players let alone then conclude the sale of the club then appoint a manager then buy an entire squad? So what if the club is bought for £50m. It would be a shell of a club without players and virtually zero chance of getting it near sorted by 31 August. This is the real world not Football Manager FFS

Jesus H Christ you think MY logic fails?  :facepalm:

But i am not talking about it getting sold in the next few weeks. I am saying (and i will say this slowly) if   he   fails   to   sell   the   club   this   summer (are you still with me) he will take spend the next 12-24 months reassembling/selling players  make a more streamlined proposition for potential buyers whilst making a tidy little profit in the mean time

Oh why didnt you say, instead of being daft you are clearly delusional. I wont act the twat like you and suggest reading slower but i will ask, what the hell sort of club can survive a season like that? It will still be unsold as £50m ofr a League 1 side is still extreme. The only way to make the club look saleable is for players IN not emptying the squad. Apologises for rational thinking there, i was clearly on the wrong track...oh look i can patronise too ;D

You're talking as if all clubs in each league are created equal mate, they aren't.  Our revenue is likely to be 3 times that of any other club in the league.  £50m for a club with a revenue of over 50m per year and a Championship level wage bill (which I think was what Sicko was saying Ashley might want to achieve) would be incredibly attractive to any buyer.

Having said that I don't believe he'll look to do that as imo if he stays it will be with the intention of getting back into the Premiership were he would immediately put the club up for sale again so he can get more money back.

I wish people would stop talking about Mike Ashley making a profit - how many times does it need to be said that he has put his own money into the club, taken nothing out and will end up with a significant loss (in all likelihood)?

Because he's going to sell off everything and pocket all the money for himself (even though that is impossible and illegal)

I wish people would stop talking about Mike Ashley making a profit - how many times does it need to be said that he has put his own money into the club, taken nothing out and will end up with a significant loss (in all likelihood)?

Because he's going to sell off everything and pocket all the money for himself (even though that is impossible and illegal)

Someone selling 52000 grey plastic seats on ebay like, username c0ckneyW4nker  :facepalm:

It's still a UK business. I'm no expert but surely HMRC would be on him like a shot if he tried something like that?

What he could do in theory is sell the players and repay some of the loan he has made to the club - unless he has given a written declaration that the loan would not be called in during a specified period (and of course we are still in that period).

My guess would be that in order to get a clean audit opinion he would have had to provide such a guarantee.

Losing the wages would make the club more attractive, but the transfer fees received should not change the value of the club unless (as has been pointed out somewhere in here before) we are selling at figures grossly over or under what the buyers of the club valued the players at.

WHo would take it off him then? Come on man, only a fool would buy us even for £50m

Thats where your logic fails. 50mil for a club with huge fanbase, top facilities, and LOW wage bill is far more tempting than 100mil for a club with huge fanbase, top facilities, overrated stars and HUGE wage bill!

Are you even aware theres now under 20 days til the transfer window? Are you even aware how long it would take to sell the players let alone then conclude the sale of the club then appoint a manager then buy an entire squad? So what if the club is bought for £50m. It would be a shell of a club without players and virtually zero chance of getting it near sorted by 31 August. This is the real world not Football Manager FFS

But i am not talking about it getting sold in the next few weeks. I am saying (and i will say this slowly) if   he   fails   to   sell   the   club   this   summer (are you still with me) he will take spend the next 12-24 months reassembling/selling players  make a more streamlined proposition for potential buyers whilst making a tidy little profit in the mean time

Oh why didnt you say, instead of being daft you are clearly delusional. I wont act the t*** like you and suggest reading slower but i will ask, what the hell sort of club can survive a season like that? It will still be unsold as £50m ofr a League 1 side is still extreme. The only way to make the club look saleable is for players IN not emptying the squad. Apologises for rational thinking there, i was clearly on the wrong track...oh look i can patronise too ;D

You're talking as if all clubs in each league are created equal mate, they aren't.  Our revenue is likely to be 3 times that of any other club in the league.  £50m for a club with a revenue of over 50m per year and a Championship level wage bill (which I think was what Sicko was saying Ashley might want to achieve) would be incredibly attractive to any buyer.

Having said that I don't believe he'll look to do that as imo if he stays it will be with the intention of getting back into the Premiership were he would immediately put the club up for sale again so he can get more money back.

£50m - dream on

I can't confirm this but have heard some juicy rumours from what was uncovered in the due diligence and it aint pretty and if true means there a few on here that have a very rosy picture of what in reality is a total, total mess financially.

Guest antz1uk

just done a quick research on the wages, last reported wage bill was as of august last year @ £72m

i have noted who has left and a rough guesstimate at what they were on.....

viduka 70,000.00 wk 3,640,000.00 yr

owen 105,000.00 5,460,000.00

cacapa 40,000.00 2,080,000.00

lovenkra 15,000.00 780,000.00

bassong 5,000.00         260,000.00

martins 60,000.00 3,120,000.00

beye 40,000.00 2,080,000.00

edgar 5,000.00         260,000.00

given 50,000.00 2,600,000.00

milner 25,000.00 1,300,000.00

nzogbia 20,000.00 1,040,000.00

Totals 435,000.00wk 22,620,000.00 yr

thats the wages down around 22m off same time last year

just done a quick research on the wages, last reported wage bill was as of august last year @ £72m

edgar 5,000.00          260,000.00

I don't think that's far off

Guest Roger Kint

The original point was(conveniently) deleted before that quote though. The person i actually responded to suggested selling pretty much everyone them Ashley taking £50m. The reality is totally different hence my point. Tell me would you buy tickets to watch our reserves when the vast majority of our first team were sold over a 12 month period? Our revenue would be dragged back down to the other teams levels if Ashley remained that long and sold so many.

Oh why didnt you say, instead of being daft you are clearly delusional. I wont act the t*** like you and suggest reading slower but i will ask, what the hell sort of club can survive a season like that? It will still be unsold as £50m ofr a League 1 side is still extreme. The only way to make the club look saleable is for players IN not emptying the squad. Apologises for rational thinking there, i was clearly on the wrong track...oh look i can patronise too ;D

£50m - dream on

I can't confirm this but have heard some juicy rumours from what was uncovered in the due diligence and it aint pretty and if true means there a few on here that have a very rosy picture of what in reality is a total, total mess financially.

Ok you tell me where I'm dreaming mate, not interested in rumours, just tell me how you see our revenue being much less then that?  Surely you've got more then rumours to make that kind of comment?

I have a decent idea of our financial state, you've obviously missed just about any post I'm made about the club financially if you have the bizarre idea that I think our finances are rosy.  We're in a mess, but not because of our revenue.

Guest antz1uk

jesus wept, cacapa was on 40 k a week??

he was a free transfer, free transfers always attract a better wage deal as there is no transfer fee outlay on them

we have been paying ridiculous amounts of money on average players for too long, we have paid wages as if we were a top four club partly why we're in the preverbial sh1t now, not being able to sell the club as the liabilities are so high

edgar 5,000.00           260,000.00

At the supporter's meeting back at the end of Feb, Llambias (allegedly) said “The club makes £100M a year in revenue of which 76% goes on salaries”, so that would make a more up to date approximation of a £76m starting point.

Guest antz1uk

Lovenkrands didn't play for us in August last year

yeah i realised that after i posted, take 750k off the 22m total

jesus wept, cacapa was on 40 k a week??

he was a free transfer, free transfers always attract a better wage deal as there is no transfer fee outlay on them

we have been paying ridiculous amounts of money on average players for too long, we have paid wages as if we were a top four club partly why we're in the preverbial sh1t now, not being able to sell the club as the liabilities are so high

Aye, forgot the jazz man was a free.

yeah we were paying daft wages, but that was freddy trying to claw the club back up to the top 5/4 by spunking money around like it was in a bottomless pit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

At the supporter's meeting back at the end of Feb, Llambias (allegedly) said The club makes £100M a year in revenue of which 76% goes on salaries, so that would make a more up to date approximation of a £76m starting point.

Players wages or company wages?

At the supporter's meeting back at the end of Feb, Llambias (allegedly) said The club makes £100M a year in revenue of which 76% goes on salaries, so that would make a more up to date approximation of a £76m starting point.

If accurate that would presumably have us on a wage bill around £60m now. Mental.

Guest antz1uk

FROM THE TELEGRAPH

Financial figures for the period up to June 30, 2008 show wages and salaries amounted to £62.3 million, up from £52.1m, and although the ratio between wages and turnover fell, it still amounted to more than 70 per cent.

According to football experts, a 50 per cent ratio represents a healthy scenario which suggests that inflated salaries at Newcastle could become a thing of the past and, as if to confirm the new realism at the club, the signing of free-agent Peter Lovenkrands until the end of the season was confirmed on Friday.

The figures also reveal that Newcastle had to pay out £4.6m to Sam Allardyce and his staff after dispensing with his services in January last year.

In addition, the results confirm Ashley's claim he has poured £100m into the club since completing his £134.4m takeover, and reveal he has injected a further £10m into the business since the end of the reporting period.

Newcastle United Football Company Limited, part of the St James Holdings Limited group set up by Ashley to acquire the club, reported increased turnover of £98.8m, up from £87.1m the previous year, mainly as a result of the new television deal for Premier League clubs.

The figures also show the club received compensation of £6.7m for the knee injury striker Michael Owen suffered at the 2006 World Cup finals and his subsequent treatment and rehabilitation.

Overall, the club reported a loss of £20m for the year compared to £31.4m in 2007.

Ashley has also agreed to continue to finance the club after taking it off the market late last year following an unsuccessful bid to sell it.

A note to the report reads: "This funding, together with newly-agreed bank facilities, has been incorporated into the directors' cash flow forecast for the group.

"These forecasts indicate that the group can continue to meet its debts as they fall due for a period of at least 12 months from the date of approval of these financial statements.

"The directors have also received a commitment from its parent undertaking, St James Holdings Ltd, and from the ultimate controlling party, Mr MJW Ashley, that they will continue to provide the group with financial support so that it can meet its debts as they fall due for a period of at least 12 months from the date of approval of these financial statements or up until the date of any changing control.

"On this basis, the directors have prepared the financial statements on a going-concern basis."

The latest figures do not include the club's acquisition of Jonas Gutierrez, Danny Guthrie, Fabricio Coloccini, Sebastien Bassong and Xisco, nor the sales of James Milner and Abdoulaye Faye, while the club are still involved in a legal battle with Allardyce's successor, Kevin Keegan, following his departure in September.

The numbers game:

Total wage bill: £62.3 m - up from £52.1m in 2007

Monies owed to Allardyce: £4.6m

Amount Ashley paid for club: £134.4m

Extra cash Ashley has poured into club: £110m

Total loss for year ending June 2008: £20m

Lovenkrands didn't play for us in August last year

yeah i realised that after i posted, take 750k off the 22m total

Wage bill also includes non playing staff, and there's been redundancies, and we've never had a permanent manager either

100 Staff Laid off, lets say ave Salary 30k, thats another £3M