RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest icemanblue

So is this Graham Roberts/ fans bid considered serious?

Eh? Do you just come on here and not open your eyes until you've posted?

No, but there are quite a few conflicting views and reports on here and SSN, just wondered what the overall feeling was.

You're telling me you saw it on SSN, read peoples views on here, and STILL had to ask that question?!

Well yeah, basically is it serious enough to delay Moat's, or any other consortium's bid that could be quite far down the line.

Plum.

No, but there are quite a few conflicting views and reports on here and SSN, just wondered what the overall feeling was.

You're telling me you saw it on SSN, read peoples views on here, and STILL had to ask that question?!

Well yeah, basically is it serious enough to delay Moat's, or any other consortium's bid that could be quite far down the line.

Plum.

So you don't know.

Don't know why people are wasting their time discussing or even thinking about this anymore.

It's obvious Ashley is reluctant to sell us, he has been brought in as a destroyer, that is his job. Why long this out any further with other consortia if Moat is interested? Because he doesn't want to sell us. It's not going to happen for a while ... get on with your lives.

Guest icemanblue

Plum.

So you don't know.

I'd put one of those 'facepalm' pictures here, but I'd imagine it's not required.

Its a pile of bollocks that will never happen.

Hitler said that before he invaded Russia.

Didn't suceed in taking the motherland though did he.  Just killed a load of Russians.

Spurs connection, nutjob (sue me), wide boy, book out last month, sacked for fiddling expenses, just the kind of person we need. I see Llambias/Ashley written all over this. And what kind of connection has he ever had with NUFC?

Careful there. He was sacked after being accused of making racist comments to opponents during a tour of Canada. He then won the case of wrongful dismissal. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6254866.stm

Didn't suceed in taking the motherland though did he.  Just killed a load of Russians.

Well yeah, the germans did that but he was warned of what could happen to which he replied "Its a pile of bollocks that will never happen."

I love the "nobody knows what the debt is" line he keeps re-iterating, presumably if he'd actually spoken to SP, Fat Ashley and Lambarse, he would've been able to find these things out.

The guy just seems like a complete joke to me, I question whether he is actually real or not.

Well yeah, the germans did that but he was warned of what could happen to which he replied "Its a pile of bollocks that will never happen."

He was that confident he got his ubermench to walk there in their t-shirts *snigger*

Guest ItalianMagpie

Not going to happen, just like I said yesterday...

We'll get some loans in and we'll get to the 31st without any official statements from the club regarding the takeover. Then Ashley will say he couldn't find a serious buyer and that he took the club off the market.

OK so Roberts plans would have to be this:

He's the front man for a smallish group of well-to-do "fans".

They would have to have the financial resources to buy the club themselves.

Once they have ownership, they then sell "shares" in the club to regular type fans.

Am I figuring this right?

A bit annoying that for almost a year now the NUSC has been trying to get Ashley out ASAP pretty much, and then as soon as it looks like Moat is going to buy us, they're willing to support another party and give them more time, seemingly because it suits them....

Not sure what their motives would be, whats in it for them?

Are they hoping to sell it to the fans for a profit?

Get team promoted, float the club.  150m profit.

Not sure what their motives would be, whats in it for them?

Are they hoping to sell it to the fans for a profit?

Get team promoted, float the club.  150m profit.

Taking a massive gamble like Mike AShley then.

And if they cant sell it, what then? 

I got this reply from NUSC on Facebook.

"Stuart,  my understanding is that its the group known as "fanbase" who are going to the media. Rather than have them do that and try and infer some sort of backing from the supporters trust, NUSC appears to be simply confirming that, yes they have met 'fanbase', but that until their bid is shown to be credible in the eyes of the people who are selling the club, the trust will not be going any further with the discussion or giving any endorsement.

This seems to be a case of dampening media speculation and getting the facts out rather that publicity seeking.

Whether its a pipe dream or not is something 'fanbase' and the club must decide before the trust gets involved.

What's important here is that the bid be first established as credible before the trust get involved and this is all NUSC appear to be saying here."

I got this reply from NUSC on Facebook.

"Stuart,  my understanding is that its the group known as "fanbase" who are going to the media. Rather than have them do that and try and infer some sort of backing from the supporters trust, NUSC appears to be simply confirming that, yes they have met 'fanbase', but that until their bid is shown to be credible in the eyes of the people who are selling the club, the trust will not be going any further with the discussion or giving any endorsement.

This seems to be a case of dampening media speculation and getting the facts out rather that publicity seeking.

Whether its a pipe dream or not is something 'fanbase' and the club must decide before the trust gets involved.

What's important here is that the bid be first established as credible before the trust get involved and this is all NUSC appear to be saying here."

Think NUSC needs to speak with SSN and tell them this cause they appear to be using NUSC as a boost for their group.

Newcastle, where nothing can be easy and straight forward...

If the club was a lass, it would be the worst dramaqueen ever....

Still love her though... :snod:

Like that little blonde troll from big brother a few years back "who is she, WHO IS SHE!"