RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How on earth did this thread turn into a Keegan debate as well? :lol:

Because a load of Ashley supporters desperately need to try and deflect at least some of the blame for the club's current state away from their beloved leader? If it wasn't for dastardly Keegan, the way Ashley was running the club would have worked & we'd now only be a couple of years from challenging for everything don't ya know.

;)

who are these ashley supporters ? most agreed when he came in we couldn't keep going as we were financially, haven't got a clue what happened with keegan and think ashley got it totally wrong with kinnear etc.

or is it a case that some think if you have any criticism of keegan or the previous board then you must therefore think that ashley has done everything right ?

:coolsmiley:

Being on the defensive in this way EVERYTIME someone makes this kind of comment sends out a message, madras.

Thought I'd mention it.

:lol:

people come on here and ask if there is any news regards the sale of the club (as per thread title)

with others sometimes replying... read the thread...

well i never ask that question, i always just go back to the last page i read previously and read them all so i can get a feel of what some of the replies are referring to, this last 2 days i have read about 10 pages which has taken me an absolute age, and all it has been about is frigging keegan and ashley and this unfair dismissal claim.. can we change the thread title to this or can we open another thread with a relelvant title for the debate that has been going on?

:dave: :dave: :dave: :dave:

Guest Geordiesned

I've just been reading the Telegraph down at my dad's and have had a quick scan to see if the article from it is in this thread but can't see it. Basically says Ashley is upping his asking price because of the good start we've made!

EDIT: The article doesn't appear to be on online.

I've just been reading the Telegraph down at my dad's and have had a quick scan to see if the article from it is in this thread but can't see it. Basically says Ashley is upping his asking price because of the good start we've made!

:facepalm:

Guest thefishman

:facepalm:

www.thearticleinthetimesthatwasntpreviouslyonlinecannowbefoundhere.co.uk

I read that in the Telegraph this morning, stupid little grey box with it inset of the match report.

well I reckon there will be a piece to the contrary tomorrow> CS/DM

he wants to sell up at any cost etc etc

CHARLES SALE: Fraud probe may force Ashley sale

The Serious Fraud Office investigation into Newcastle owner Mike Ashley’s sports retail empire may also lead to the selling of St James’ Park following a year of frustration since the club was put on the market.

Ashley has told associates this weekend that he cannot afford to have the distraction of running such a prominent club as Newcastle while dealing with all the pressures on his High Street business from a high-level SFO inquiry.

As a result Ashley is expected to reduce his £100m price tag on Newcastle to force a quick sale, especially with the club going through a rare period of calm as unbeaten leaders of the Championship.

Ashley’s change of selling strategy — having previously held out for £100m — will help the chances of north-east businessman Barry Moat, who was struggling to raise the necessary funds.

But there is still a rival offer from football entrepreneur Geoff Sheard, who has the backing of a children’s charity foundation. The American directors refute the scepticism of Newcastle’s selling agents Seymour Pierce about their funding capabilities and say Newcastle would not have given them confidential data to analyse if they weren’t considered real contenders.

However, the female CEO has yet to meet Ashley

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1213480/CHARLES-SALE-Fraud-probe-force-Ashley-sale.html#ixzz0R7sltFsq

It seems Sillius Soddus was more in tune with what he knew was coming in Daily Mail/Charlie Sale  i.e Ashley willing to sell for less rather than more as the Telegraph led us to think

The distraction of running Newcastle. Never seemed to have bothered him before.

To be fair Dave the SFO are fighting to keep there jobs as looks like they will be defunct soon or mergerd with another department & with massive fines they can now issue there have been tales of them going out with a bang & whacking Sports Direct with a fine of around £140 million & sending Mike to jail*

*=if found guilty.

But there is still a rival offer from football entrepreneur Geoff Sheard, who has the backing of a children’s charity foundation. The American directors refute the scepticism of Newcastle’s selling agents Seymour Pierce about their funding capabilities and say Newcastle would not have given them confidential data to analyse if they weren’t considered real contenders.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1213480/CHARLES-SALE-Fraud-probe-force-Ashley-sale.html#ixzz0R7sltFsq

Why the hell would a children's charity buy a football club?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why the hell would a children's charity buy a football club?

The distraction of running Newcastle. Never seemed to have bothered him before.

To be fair Dave the SFO are fighting to keep there jobs as looks like they will be defunct soon or mergerd with another department & with massive fines they can now issue there have been tales of them going out with a bang & whacking Sports Direct with a fine of around £140 million & sending Mike to jail*

*=if found guilty.

Sounds like a dream, though it would be better if he's found guilty that he be fined every last penny he has.

NG

You know there was more to it than that. Like throwing away a 12 point lead because KK tactically didnt know how to defend and grind out results.

Anyway, my comments was relating to SBR and how close we came in 2003.

I think you'll find it was  number of factors which didn't see us past the post first.  I would say lack of experience was the main one and secondly a few of our regulars ran out of steam.

We were a hell of a lot closer to winning the league under KK then SBR and had a better team to boot.

Can you remember Alex fergusons title challenge before the prem when his Man U team blew a 12 pt lead? 

I think keeping Venison may have made a difference, but as I now see from the replies to the tripe posted earlier, people have already mentioned the remarkable run by manure, for which they get no credit such is the eagerness to put the boot in to Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan.

I did mention their run.

Aye, that's what I meant when I said the bit in bold.  O0

well I reckon there will be a piece to the contrary tomorrow> CS/DM

he wants to sell up at any cost etc etc

The Serious Fraud Office investigation into Newcastle owner Mike Ashleys sports retail empire may also lead to the selling of St James Park following a year of frustration since the club was put on the market.

Ashley has told associates this weekend that he cannot afford to have the distraction of running such a prominent club as Newcastle while dealing with all the pressures on his High Street business from a high-level SFO inquiry.

As a result Ashley is expected to reduce his £100m price tag on Newcastle to force a quick sale, especially with the club going through a rare period of calm as unbeaten leaders of the Championship.

Ashleys change of selling strategy having previously held out for £100m will help the chances of north-east businessman Barry Moat, who was struggling to raise the necessary funds.

But there is still a rival offer from football entrepreneur Geoff Sheard, who has the backing of a childrens charity foundation. The American directors refute the scepticism of Newcastles selling agents Seymour Pierce about their funding capabilities and say Newcastle would not have given them confidential data to analyse if they werent considered real contenders.

It seems Sillius Soddus was more in tune with what he knew was coming in Daily Mail/Charlie Sale  i.e Ashley willing to sell for less rather than more as the Telegraph led us to think

You can only sell for the price someone is willing to pay at the end of the day. Maybe it's dawned on Ashley that he's pricing himself out of a deal (again), maybe it hasn't. The story will probably change again by the time the chronicle hits the stands.

Re where are the Ashley supporters...

Haven't you seen them ? Where have you been man ?

There are loads of them to be seen walking up to SJP on matchdays with ASHLEY printed on the back of their shirts, they sing pro-Ashley songs during the match and wave banners with things like "Cockney Mafia In" and "Boycoutt Keegan burgers" printed on them.

During the week they organise meetings at pubs in places like Felling, Winlaton and Bamburgh trying to convince people how great Ashley is.

Benwell Lad in denial

Pwned.

Thanks go to UV for posting this earlier. Just had to repeat it. It's not to be missed.

Thanks for that, I'm honoured that you and someone else even bothered to re-visit it.

You were talking about your intelligence earlier, the level of which should be enough to recognise my post was a provocative one intended to create debate about what was a very emotive subject at the time. Yes my standpoint was somewhat for the defence against the masses but not really in a supportive way.  I did it on purpose.

I just wish there was a platform where such things could be debated rationally and not just hundreds of pages of childish insults, repeated "tripe" and profanity.

For the record I was not besotted with Ashley's arrival in the way many on here were originally (where are they now ?) I prefer (maybe it's age) to take a more level headed view on anything good or bad which happens to our club.

Personally I wish Ashley was gone and replaced by someone who can take the club forward in a stable way. His tenure has been a disaster, much the same as Keegan's return as manager was.

Fair comment.

I too wish there was less tripe and profanity, not that I'm posting any of either, so I guess it's upto others to help you with that.

The bit you fail to grasp is that Keegans return was a disaster BECAUSE of Ashley. Had Ashley backed him as he should have done it is very unlikely we'd now be in the Championship. The club would be worth a damn sight more than he's overpriced it at today, meaning the bloke is simply an idiot when it comes to football. He's been trying to make money out of the club and supporters for doing nowt in return. Nobody should be supporting him.

By the way, I wasn't talking about my intelligence earlier on, I was replying to someone else who mentioned it, as you just did too.

people come on here and ask if there is any news regards the sale of the club (as per thread title)

with others sometimes replying... read the thread...

well i never ask that question, i always just go back to the last page i read previously and read them all so i can get a feel of what some of the replies are referring to, this last 2 days i have read about 10 pages which has taken me an absolute age, and all it has been about is frigging keegan and ashley and this unfair dismissal claim.. can we change the thread title to this or can we open another thread with a relelvant title for the debate that has been going on?

:dave: :dave: :dave: :dave:

Stop whinging on like an auld fish wife.

HTL

With no disrespect, you seem to have conveniently bypassed one crucial and extremely major point regarding this entire debacle. Whilst I realise that you are an admirer of KK whilst I am not, it would appear that your comments regarding Ashley failing in his appointment of KK are very much one sided.

Lets look at the financial situation the club found itself in. We all know that years of excessive spending by the likes of Souness etc had driven the club towards the financial black hole it finds itself in now. Ashley clearly identified this after taking over and decided best practice was to generate his own academy of youngsters and for a change, make profit on deals rather than huge financial losses experienced by the club i9n the previous regimes management. It was clear that Wise and Co. were brought in to deal with this side and to a certain extent, they were successful in attracting some good youing talent from around the world.

Ashley had backed Allardyce with a fair amount of funding only to see most of it pissed up against a wall, so to speak. We all know the virtues of KK as a coach, especially of young players. It is non existent. He relies on money to buy players rather than nurturing them himself. Whether Wise and Co were instrumental in signing lkayers unwanted by Keegan is still heresay and yet to be proven in an open forum.

The James Milner affair was instrumental in KK resigning. Anyone could see 12 million for Milner was too good a deal to turn down especially when the player wanted to leave. The fact that Schweinsteigger changed his mind to come to NUFC at the last minute is hardly the fault of the administration.

Ashley has paid off in excess of 100 million pounds of debt and there is still substantially more to be paid off too. A blind man can see that we have not been in a position to buy players for over a year due to these financial constraints made even worse by relegation.

Trutyh is, KK spat it when told limited funds would be available. He still had a good squad, had made a reasonable start but chose to sit the dummy instead. He could have tayed on and built the club up again but even he knew he didnt have the ability or the patience to do this.

In my ipinion, he is just as much or even more cupable than Ashley for the situation we are in now. To take the club to court over this matter only highlights just what a con man he is.