The Third N-O Football Match - Red Team 3 - 1 Blue Team

Guest Heneage

Are there any plans for a 4th one? Sunday 16th August (day after first home game) could be a decent date.

Thinking of maybe having the next one on the morning of the first home game...kind of get into the routine of playing a match - wash&change - pint at the pub - match..?

Sounds belting.

Guest Heneage

Ref kepy saying "language" a lot but not actually doing anything about it. :lol:

preferred the Irish fella myself.

Denis was playing golf.

Shame like he was a lot better.

My brothers ratings

Our goalie - nothing he could do with the goals did well 7

Yorkie 7- He was quite good, tried his hardest

James 7 - I wanted him to switch it more but he wouldn't his crosses were good

NSG's mate 7.5- I thought he would get done cos he was a big lad, but he did really well

Kris  6.5 - He did get done cos he's a big lad, good pass but how he dare he argue with me.

Stupeedo- 7.5 he always looked for me in the second half and got us going at half time

KenDahl 8- Same as that stu lad, he was great and was gutted his shot hit the bar

Me - Meh broken toe, but I was still pretty useless.

Ian (Prophet) - He was class chucking himself about like a daft lad 7.5

CP40 (The Old fella :lol:) Kris said he scored two crackers in the last 2 games I think them crowding the box hampered him. 7

Wullie- Same as that CP he just was stuck by the clogging of defence. 6.5

Gorilla - Yeh he stopped some shots was really good 7.5

Dino - Stopped CP doing stuff which is good 7.5

ON - Massive bloke was little chance of me or anyone beating him in the air 8.5

Neil (Boris Johnson) - Really slow was annoyed I didn't beat him but he was good at hoofing it 7.5

Slim - He was really good had a lot of energy 7.5

Neesy Did lots of running like most of their lot which is probably why they beat us. 7

Stu Brown - Too fckin good, Kris told me about him, 2 good goals.

Wayne? He was good but he kept slowing their attacks down 7.5

Gimp- I swear his goal was offside, but he was tidy (Thanks for the lift). 7.5

Lurch (Pilko :lol:) he wasn't the fastest but he did ok 7.

Bald lad (Dan B :lol:) He was really fast and should have got a goal. 7.5

Bellamy (Rocker) Bit like that bald lad (Dan) he was really fast and should have scored 7.5

Ref - Was he on day release?

Guest stuartbrown06

Ref kepy saying "language" a lot but not actually doing anything about it. :lol:

Had a banter with him before the game cos he sent me off in a summer tournament before last season... for swearing at the ref!

He put it in as well so i was banned for first 3 games of the season, he must have chilled out a bit now

Denis was playing golf.

My brothers ratings

NSG's mate 7.5- I thought he would get done cos he was a big lad, but he did really well

Kris  6.5 - He did get done cos he's a big lad, good pass but how he dare he argue with me.

Stupeedo- 7.5 he always looked for me in the second half and got us going at half time

KenDahl 8- Same as that stu lad, he was great and was gutted his shot hit the bar

CP40 (The Old fella :lol:) Kris said he scored two crackers in the last 2 games I think them crowding the box hampered him.

Wullie- Same as that CP he just was stuck by the clogging of defence.

I thought Nixons brother was pretty useful, didnt take me long to figure out, i could let him do the chasing, and I pick up the pieces.

Old fella? cheeky little bugga.

Denis was playing golf.

My brothers ratings

Ian (Prophet) - He was class chucking himself about like a daft lad 7.5

CP40 (The Old fella :lol:) Kris said he scored two crackers in the last 2 games I think them crowding the box hampered him. 7

Wullie- Same as that CP he just was stuck by the clogging of defence. 6.5

Gorilla - Yeh he stopped some shots was really good 7.5

Dino - Stopped CP doing stuff which is good 7.5

ON - Massive bloke was little chance of me or anyone beating him in the air 8.5

Neil (Boris Johnson) - Really slow was annoyed I didn't beat him but he was good at hoofing it 7.5

Slim - He was really good had a lot of energy 7.5

Neesy Did lots of running like most of their lot which is probably why they beat us. 7

Stu Brown - Too fckin good, Kris told me about him, 2 good goals.

Wayne? He was good but he kept slowing their attacks down 7.5

Gimp- I swear his goal was offside, but he was tidy (Thanks for the lift). 7.5

Lurch (Pilko :lol:) he wasn't the fastest but he did ok 7.

Bald lad (Dan B :lol:) He was really fast and should have got a goal. 7.5

Bellamy (Rocker) Bit like that bald lad (Dan) he was really fast and should have scored 7.5

I'll take that

I'm not back till the 23rd.

Similar.

I'll be away from August 6th till 23rd.

good, a few of the blue best players were missing today,... normal service will be restored.

Absolutely fantastic day, lads - thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, even though the result didn't go our way. Canny bunch of lads and a decent standard of footy n'all. Great stuff, well worth the trip. :thup:

THE REAL PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6 - Didn't have loads to do but couldn't catch the ball for shit like.

Neesy: 7 - Was on the opposite flank to me but looked like a bit of a thorn in the side, lotsa pace by the looks.

Optimistic Nut: 9 - Blatantly MOTM. Cracking game really. Infuriatingly good tbh.

Neil: 6 - Few dodgy air-balls, gotta say.

Dino: 8 - Had me and CP40 for breakfast for the entirety of the second half. Firmly solidified as an 8 cos his name is actually 'Dino', which, i dunno, i just think is painfully cool...

stubrown: 8 - Looks like a quality player this guy; excellent with the ball at his feet, really direct - cracking finish n'all.

Pilko: 7 - Fair game from Pilko i reckon. Nice little anchor in the midfield and cleaned up a fair few bits and bobs.

stu browns mate (england top): 6 - Meh.

Slim: 6 - I megged him. Hang your head Slim, man. Also - it took me to find the ball in the bushes for you n'all.

dan b: 7 - I reckon Dan's probably a cracking player n'all but probs more of a winger than a central player. Looked dangerous at times.

Gimp: 6 - A big fanny tbh. :aww:

NewcastleRocker: 8 - As versatile as it comes, tidied up and pushed forward to good effect throughout.

BLUES (less in formation, apologies)

NSG/Nick: 6 - I'd rib him for the second goal, but i'm a fellow defender so i'd feel a tad hypocritical. Crisp packet hands for the third, though.

Prophet: 7 - Good game, especially in the second half. I think Ian and Pilko were on par, played similar roles to good effect.

Nicks mate (big guy!): 6 - Not really quick enough across the ground and didn't push up enough. Ridiculously calm on the ball though and helped us get it away on several occassions.

Ken Dahl: 8 - Again, i think this guy's another one that's probably a really quality player, but didn't see it enough (mainly cos of being played out of position). Cracking shot on him, like.

stupeedo: 8 - Instrumental in the first half but faded in the second, but there's a good couple extra points there for drumming it into us half time. Also kept me aware of what the fuck was going on the second half, tbh. Could have got a nine but he blatantly wants to meet my mum so i'm a bit iffy on that.

Nixon: 6 - Utter gash in the first half, but barely put a foot wrong in the second. Some nice touches and lightning-fast runs down the left flank in the second half. Akin to a gazelle.

Nixon's bro: 7 - Another one who i think's probably a really good player, just seemed a bit shy on the ball that's all.

cp40: 6 - Flattered to deceive.

Wullie: 6 - Similar to Lee, actually. Wullie's blatantly a good player, but i thought he needed to look up and hold the ball up a bit more. I in-particular was getting up to support quite a bit in the second half but Wullie seemed to miss me on a few occassions.

Yorkie: 6 - Meh. Happy with a few ridiculously late challenges but my delivery from the wing was woeful.

"James": 7 - Decent player. Provided a good outlet down the right in the second half and held the line well in the second.

-----------

The Ref: 8 - Time-keeping was a bit suspect but he let the game play through which i appreciated tbh.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Gimp. Get up, man.

Most Improved Player: Can't really say tbh... KenDahlgot progressively better throughout this particular game, though.

Man of the Match: Optimistic Nut.

Tackle of the Match: I can't actually recall Rocker's one, that everyone's talking about. CP40's Boris Johnson tackle was pretty impressive though.

Shot of the match: KenDahl's that hit the bar in the second half.

Block of the match: Mine on Pilko from 8 yards out, from a corner, in the first half.

Pass of the match: There was one that Stupeedo played in the first half. I don't think Nixon's brother even reached it, but it was outside of the boot, down the line, beautiful whip on it. Cracking technique.

Sportsmanship award: :dontknow:

Guest Heneage

Aye and when you consider there was maybe 4-5 that couldn't make it, it would appear we have a solid core of players.

Actually Yorkie's block on me was quite good tbf. Wasn't sure if he actually got the ball so considering he clattered me I shouted "pen ref!" on me way down and got a gobful of rubber crumbs. :lol:

He then stood up and said "nice to meet you by the way!" :lol:

Guest neesy111

i'm suprised people have said i ran loads and had some pace as i think i haven't or didn't do either

thought i did best in CM where i was for the first 30 mins, found a bit of space to make some decent passes etc

at RB 2nd half, could of done better at times but resonably happy with how i did, playing defensively is my biggest weakness

Guest Heneage

i'm suprised people have said i ran loads and had some pace as i think i haven't or didn't do either

thought i did best in CM where i was for the first 30 mins, found a bit of space to make some decent passes etc

at RB 2nd half, could of done better at times but resonably happy with how i did, playing defensively is my biggest weakness

I won't lie, I kept confusing you and Slim. :lol:

Some fucking shocking "clearances" from myself, usually play it on the ground actually but it was edgy to say the least. Considering it's the first time I've played CB in any sort of competitive match though, I wasn't too disastrous.

I do however now have a undying love for Optimistic Nut.

Guest neesy111

Was it you accused me of diving neesy, you cheeky bastard! :razz: It was a fair challenge, I appealed nothing!

haha, don't think so, which incident was that?

Slim was AC Milan top and had longer hair.

neesy easily recognisable as well because his natural expression is a massive grin, always seemed to be smiling even when annoyed or shouting :lol: