The Third N-O Football Match - Red Team 3 - 1 Blue Team

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

I'm not looking forward to this the same way I was looking forward to the last one. We need to get that sorted.

How do you mean?

Well it just hasn't had the same build up. Half the people playing haven't really commented in here for one. Has it been paid for? Just doesn't have the same excitement.

Maybe I'm mentally scarred, after all, the most recent occasion was my first time... it was built up so much, only to be dissapointing and painful. I bled a little.  :shifty:

remind me on, before the game then, and i will give you something to think about.

That post made no sense.

I know what you mean if we can sort one out for the first home game when people are back it should be better.

We need to keep a higher line this time so I can come out on one on one's better, with our line so Deep when they break they are in a decent shooting position and I don't have enogh time to close them down.

try standing nearer your post,  bluelaugh.gif

We need to keep a higher line this time so I can come out on one on one's better, with our line so Deep when they break they are in a decent shooting position and I don't have enogh time to close them down.

try standing nearer your post,  bluelaugh.gif

That may help, I know your style now, next time you won't be so lucky.

Like Hyypia said attacking players get one free season, in our case one free match.

Played with work on Tuesday and was actually chuffed with my performance for a change so looking forward to this.

i wouldnt mind playing some of the game up front with wullie again,

does anyone know if Ash is Playing?

The only reason I played so deep last time was because I knew one ball over the top like in the first game and I would have fucked my hamstring well and truly twisting and chasing.

The only reason I played so deep last time was because I knew one ball over the top like in the first game and I would have f***ed my hamstring well and truly twisting and chasing.

I wasn't having a go or nowt, maybe if your hamstrings dodgy again we stick you dm.  What do you reckon?

Right so how many do we need? Howay lads, I'm sure a couple more out there wouldn't mind putting up with us for a couple of hours!

And aye, we need to communicate more. If that means shouting and getting peoples' knickers in a twist, so be it. SPARTA!

Guest Heneage

Right so how many do we need? Howay lads, I'm sure a couple more out there wouldn't mind putting up with us for a couple of hours!

And aye, we need to communicate more. If that means shouting and getting peoples' knickers in a twist, so be it. SPARTA!

At least 1 with God's blessing 3.

Guest Heneage

Would rather play DMC if it's possible. Toying with the idea of going for a 5-man midfield.

You only have 10 players thus far, just so you know.

Would rather play DMC if it's possible. Toying with the idea of going for a 5-man midfield.

5 man midfield is retarded idea. Our goals aren't going to be a product of beautiful Brazil-like pass and move goals, they're going to be bundled in by whoever is mooching around the goal, so the more people mooching around said goal, the better.

5 man midfield is retarded idea. Our goals aren't going to be a product of beautiful Brazil-like pass and move goals, they're going to be bundled in by whoever is mooching around the goal, so the more people mooching around said goal, the better.

We lost the game in midfield. I reckon we should have at least one person who sits just in front of the back four (me) and then at least two who are sort of floating behind the striker but giving support. The other two just being "mixed" central mids.

It makes sense btw.

Guest Heneage

If we can't get one from the forum, my cousin will definatly player , awesome player, too.

I'll say yes now as I see no one coming out of the wood work.

We lost the game in midfield. I reckon we should have at least one person who sits just in front of the back four (me) and then at least two who are sort of floating behind the striker but giving support. The other two just being "mixed" central mids.

It makes sense btw.

The DMC idea is fine, and perhaps 1 of the two strikers needs to 'drop' into mf a little more, but 451 BAD.

Who plays CB if that happens Pilko?

I don't know, I'm just talking about what might work. If there's no other volunteers to play there on the day then I will, although I haven't played there in a while.

Guest Stephen927

There was enough confusion with a basic 4-4-2 in midfield the last time, 4-5-1 will only complicate matters. Keep it 4-4-2, get a bit of continuity and understanding of each other and everyones roles.