pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

Dave

Would like him gone; but not in a nasty way - for all those players who didn't seem arsed he did always give his all and give a shit. And yes, I know his best was horribly short, but it's not his fault our squad was so small he was playing every week, was it?

I for one wouldn't boo him should he return to St James in the future.

Nah, he always tried; fair play to him on that front.

He was just garbage, and the club and management should have noticed this... ???

Would like him gone; but not in a nasty way - for all those players who didn't seem arsed he did always give his all and give a shit. And yes, I know his best was horribly short, but it's not his fault our squad was so small he was playing every week, was it?

I for one wouldn't boo him should he return to St James in the future.

Nah, he always tried; fair play to him on that front.

He was just garbage, and the club and management should have noticed this... ???

Most people could have told you his legs had gone... he would have been good if he's started one game in every four or five and maybe came off the bench to break the play up late in the game. But you simply cannot have a pensioner like him starting every game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1191965/Wolves-hunt-Butt-Serbian-Milijas-heads-Molineux.html?ITO=1490

Wolves in the hunt for Butt as Serbian Milijas heads to Molineux

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 12:12 AM on 10th June 2009

Wolves are interested in Newcastle midfielder Nicky Butt and are hopeful of concluding their chase for Serbia international Nenad Milijas in the next 24 hours.

Sportsmail revealed Wolves had offered Crvena Zvezda £2.6m for Milijas while Aston Villa have dropped their interest. Butt, 34, is likely to be offered a one year deal.

Oh go on then.

Read it in the paper at work, yesterday and I just burst out laughing, I was surrounded by mancs at the time & they reckon that Wolves are getting him on the cheap and that Butt, is still a "quality" player!!

Oh how I laughed!

I read in the paper that they were fighting it out with Blackburn, needless to say the 3 of us around the table when i read it outloud all have  :kasper: :doh: :lol: these looks on our faces.

As strange as it sounds but losing Butt, Smith & Nolan would improve our squad. I'd be far happier relying on the likes of Lua Lua than that lot. Through it Ryan Taylor and Shola and I would be happier than I've been for ages... Hopefully Big Fat Sam has an agenda to decimate Blackburn so will put in a bid for a few of them.

Get Butt out Skejlbred in. Guthrie Skejlbred in the middle, job's done.

Imho this would be a to light weighted central midfield,none of them are physical enough to battle in the championship nor good enough to outplay other teams.

- Skjelbred has said that he doesnt like playing in a 4-4-2 formation, he likes to play in one of the sides in 4-3-3. He hasnt been his best this season, and startet the game against holland on the bench, behind the likes of Fredrik Winsnes which is utterly crap.

The Norwegian Eliteserie is probably a worse league than the championship, so it would be stupid at the moment to pay around 5M for a player that is strugling in norway, wouldnt it?

- Many ppl keep praising Guthrie, for me I cant see why? What is really Guthries best position and what is his strenghts?

Imo Guthrie isnt a defensive midfielder because he is to lightweighted, he isnt a playmaker either because he is to slow and to ofthen needs to turn around 360' to hit a ball forward. As a winger he is to slow, and isnt good enough to cross the balls in open play, from set pieces he is good.

If we take the Villa game as an excample, he didnt look interested and more than often didnt track back to help poor Edgar on the back. 

The game Butt didnt play because of a red card showed how much we needed a fighter in midfield, the only one we have atm that can fill Butt's place is Joey Barton, but that would be a HUGE gamble. I think Butt lost us a fair share of points last season especially with all the penalties he made against us the start of the campaign, but we need a fighter like him in the Championship. Keep him one more season till we are back up, but allready now buy a young player who can challange him for his spot in the team.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toonlass

Stoke have added Newcastle striker Alan Smith to their list of summer transfer targets (Daily Telegraph).

pleasepleasepleaseplease

Get Butt out Skejlbred in. Guthrie Skejlbred in the middle, job's done.

Imho this would be a to light weighted central midfield,none of them are physical enough to battle in the championship nor good enough to outplay other teams.

- Skjelbred has said that he doesnt like playing in a 4-4-2 formation, he likes to play in one of the sides in 4-3-3. He hasnt been his best this season, and startet the game against holland on the bench, behind the likes of Fredrik Winsnes which is utterly crap.

The Norwegian Eliteserie is probably a worse league than the championship, so it would be stupid at the moment to pay around 5M for a player that is strugling in norway, wouldnt it?

- Many ppl keep praising Guthrie, for me I cant see why? What is really Guthries best position and what is his strenghts?

Imo Guthrie isnt a defensive midfielder because he is to lightweighted, he isnt a playmaker either because he is to slow and to ofthen needs to turn around 360' to hit a ball forward. As a winger he is to slow, and isnt good enough to cross the balls in open play, from set pieces he is good.

If we take the Villa game as an excample, he didnt look interested and more than often didnt track back to help poor Edgar on the back. 

The game Butt didnt play because of a red card showed how much we needed a fighter in midfield, the only one we have atm that can fill Butt's place is Joey Barton, but that would be a HUGE gamble. I think Butt lost us a fair share of points last season especially with all the penalties he made against us the start of the campaign, but we need a fighter like him in the Championship. Keep him one more season till we are back up, but allready now buy a young player who can challange him for his spot in the team.

We need Butt as far away from nufc as possible

BTW why do playmakers need pace?