The England Thread

Pilko

Townsend. :lol: "I spoke to Roberto Martinez a couple of times this season". Poor Andy, desperately trying to remain relevant. Why didn't someone lock him in his Tactics Truck?

When was the last time Rooney looked the part for England?

Euro 2004.

Or when he got us through the WC qualifiers. The latest ones.

If we're going to purposefully miss the implication of the previous post, absolutely.

Just don't understand why England can't play with better passing and movement. Really disappointing.

Welbeck has been a joke. He should be nowhere near the starting lineup. Particularly out wide.

Really think Wilshire and Barkley have to start alongside Llana, as They all naturally pass and move well. Sterling should also start, and should be out wide to utilise his pace more.

Hodgson on may have to alternate between Rooney and Sturridge upfront.

Guest neesy111

Ok performance, Peru were decent until we scored the 2nd.  Not sure how helpful of a friendly though? :undecided:

Who is England's next right back after Johnson. Actual right back, not Phil Jones or Smalling?

Walker. But he has the ability to be terrible too. In fact I'd say his pace masks generally poor football ability.

When was the last time Rooney looked the part for England?

Euro 2004.

He was awesome then, I always remembering bullying the French defenders around as an 18 year old, was crazy to see. Plus he got the goals.

He's been decent in large spells for England, definitely not in Finals though just group stages and usually against dross.

He really owes us a world class performance in the summer.

Who is England's next right back after Johnson. Actual right back, not Phil Jones or Smalling?

Walker. But he has the ability to be terrible too. In fact I'd say his pace masks generally poor football ability.

Honestly think Clyne and even Chambers would be better backup right back options than Johnson, Jones, Smalling and Walker.

Rooney at 18 was just not a terrific footballer and explosive athlete, but he also had a great motor that just kept running.

He's lost a lot of that sudden explosiveness, athleticism and non stop energy. At just 28 it's pretty surprising, as he should be peaking in these areas now.

Guest neesy111

I'm not sure whether it's fitness or coaching related to how he's changed as a player.  Probably both to blame.